Halo 3 (Trailer/Discussion/etc.)

Using the UNSC Elephant during a big game of Team Slayer is ridiculously fun. I had a match once where we had both of them active and dueling each other, with an entire team crammed into each one.

Also, there's rumoured to be a funny message if you actually manage to flip one somehow. This is hard to confirm because I don't know anyone who it's happened to.

Yeah, something like Press X to Flip Elephant, then when you do it it says something about how heavy it is, how'd you do that, etc. Something like that...I was kind of stoned when I did it. In fact, its damn hard to flip over the Elephants because of how big and slow they are. I did it by getting onto the steepest slope of sand and my buddy hit my Elephant with another, perpindicular. Due to the slope of the hill it tipped over.

Hee hee. I went over to a friend's house, and they'd not heard of it and I was going, "Some say... it can't be killed. It roams Lockout, searching ravenously... for n00bs..." :lol:

Dude. It's not real.... AAAH! AAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

HE'S RAPING ME!

HE'S RAPING ME AND IT HURTS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Spoooooky.

This reminds me of that episode of the X-Files where there's a scary assassin chick in a virtual reality game who lures people with her voluptuousness and then kills them. BUT FOR REAL!!! DUN DUN DUUUNNNN!!

Got 3 months of Xbox Live for one of my Christmas presents! Halo up, people!

Also, after a month delay, my cousin and I resumed our co-op battle through Legendary difficulty and beat it this morning. I've now seen the "extra" ending.

As if I could spoil it.... what even happened? What was it? Some sort of 2001 homage? Another portal? What????

Got 3 months of Xbox Live for one of my Christmas presents! Halo up, people!

Also, after a month delay, my cousin and I resumed our co-op battle through Legendary difficulty and beat it this morning. I've now seen the "extra" ending.

As if I could spoil it.... what even happened? What was it? Some sort of 2001 homage? Another portal? What????

I'm pretty sure it was a huge machine planet (very Death Star-ish). I assume its just another huge Forerunner installation (sans landscape) and that the Legendary, extended ending is a nod to the upcoming Peter Jackson/Bungie "Halo Chronicles". We'll see whenever more news about that project is released--no idea when its actually supposed to be released, if I had to guess I'd say 2009 at the earliest, more likely 2010.

Title announced with new trailer: Halo 3 Recon

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WSuaMduI3yM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WSuaMduI3yM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The title has been changed to Halo 3: ODST.

Link?

I kind of preferred Recon, honestly. Reading what the plot of the game involved, "Recon" made more sense.

The game starts with you and your squad dropping down to the planet in drop-pods, but you are knocked unconcious in the landing. You wake up and spend the game investigating what happened to the rest of your squad. As you find evidence of what happened to them (broken weapons, their drop pods, etc), the game features flashback levels, where you play as members of the squad (who each feature specialized weapons: sniper, Rocket Launcher, etc).

It takes place during the storyline of Halo 2 (beginning around the time the Prophet jumps to Delta Halo over New Mombasa, destroying large parts of the city), and probably immediately after Halo 2 (once the main character wakes up).

Supposedly this game will involve more of a MGS (sneaking around, avoiding notice) aspect in sometimes having to avoid large groups of Covenant. After all, you're not a Spartan in this one, you're just a regular grunt, so you can't take on 5 or 6 Brutes by yourself.

In terms of my point about the title, it seems the plot of the game revolved around your character(s) doing exactly that: Recon. Oh well. ODST is fine...though a bit harder to say. I guess Bungie wanted to make it clear the main character isn't Master Chief.
I'm excited for it. Won't be out till next September, but Halo Wars is supposedly out this Spring, so I'll get a bit of a Halo fix in the meantime.

Last edited:
By the way, if there are any huge Halo fans like myself who'd be interested in taking a gander at a Halo Timeline I put together, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Its HUGE, and in a Works Spreadsheet file, otherwise I'd just go ahead and post it here. It includes:

All the games:
Halo 1-3, Halo Wars, ODST, Chronicles, Interactive Strategy Game, Halo 2 Multi-player Map Pack ("Another Day at the Beach" short)

All the comics:
Halo - Uprising #1-4
Halo 3 - The Cradle of Life
Halo - Graphic Novel
Halo Wars - Genesis

And all the novels:
Contact Harvest, The Cole Protocol, The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx

Its even more detailed than the Ultimate timeline, and uses a similar color coding system. It breaks down the games by levels, and the novels by chapters to make the timeline as detailed as possible. There are a lot of crossovers in terms of continuity jumping back and forth between the games, comics, and novels, so the detail is required to keep everything as chronological as possible.

PM me your email address if you want to check it out.

New trailer

[youtube]iHk6znWyHPw[/youtube]

Also, the teaser trailer for Halo: Reach.

[youtube]MqIEvH7sGQ0[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back