Harry Potter Discussion (spoilers)

Goodwill

Before I get into it, I looked through all of the pages in the General Discussion board and could not find either of the threads we had started for Harry Potter before...

But, now that I've got a little bit of information about the series, particularly the seventh book, I thought I might start a new thread so we can discuss, debate, and ponder about "Harry Potter and the (Include epic title here)."

A few things...

1.) Evidently, the book will be released on July 7, 2007. Aside from marketing purposes, this date is evidently "especially magical" according to JK Rowling... Whatever that means.

2.) Obscure titles for the book have been released, however I don't think any have any particular merit. For instance, I think one that I found was "Harry Potter and the Sword of Destiny"... There were cool ones such as "Harry Potter and the Snare of the Serpent", however there has been one that has been pushed on whichever speculation site I've come across. "Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell" seems to be what fans believe to be the actual title.

3.) The final line in the book is supposed to be Hermione. She asks, "Harry, where is your scar?" This, of course, is extremely suggestive of two things... A.) Harry survives AND B.) Voldemort meets his demise. Interesting...

There were other things that I have heard, such as there will be an explanation as to how the Potter family was so wealthy and why Lily went from hating to loving James, but there is nothing else in particular to share... Let me know if you guys have found anything... After hearing that the release date could be so soon, I got real excited for it. :)

Re: Harry Potter Discussion

Goodwill said:
1.) Evidently, the book will be released on July 7, 2007. Aside from marketing purposes, this date is evidently "especially magical" according to JK Rowling... Whatever that means.

Look at the date

7/7/07

Dumbledore said there was seven horcruxes

Seven is a magical number in Harry Potter-verse

2.) Obscure titles for the book have been released, however I don't think any have any particular merit. For instance, I think one that I found was "Harry Potter and the Sword of Destiny"... There were cool ones such as "Harry Potter and the Snare of the Serpent", however there has been one that has been pushed on whichever speculation site I've come across. "Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell" seems to be what fans believe to be the actual title.

Really now? Alchemist's cell? Where the hell do people come up with these titles? What does Alchemist's cell have to do with anything? When has Alchemy even been mentioned in Harry Potter?

3.) The final line in the book is supposed to be Hermione. She asks, "Harry, where is your scar?" This, of course, is extremely suggestive of two things... A.) Harry survives AND B.) Voldemort meets his demise. Interesting...

JK Rowling said in a Regis and Kathie Interview back in the ninties that the last word of the last chapter in the last book is scar. Since then she said this is most likely going to change.

What you posted is purely people speculating what the last line would be. I doubt Hermione will have the last line in these books.

There were other things that I have heard, such as there will be an explanation as to how the Potter family was so wealthy and why Lily went from hating to loving James, but there is nothing else in particular to share... Let me know if you guys have found anything... After hearing that the release date could be so soon, I got real excited for it. :)

Lily hating James to loving was already explained in the fifth book by Sirius and Lupin when Harry contacted him through the fire. I feel the explanation on why th ePotter's are so rich is going to be simple.

In fact, it seems to me like your posting strictly rumors. Find some facts next time first.

Last edited:

its going to be released 7/7/07....this book and about everything else. its a marketers dream.....thats going to be a bad day....

but thankz for the info Good, cuz i really just stopped paying attention.

Yes, this is all rumor. I was just up for some speculation is all... I'm innocent, I tell you! INNOCENT! :)

Seven horcruxes, seventh book, seventh month, seventh day, of the seventh year... I think I pretty much got the gist of the importance of the day now. There are probably a lot more sevens to go around, however, I'm way too lazy to pick up on any.

The titles are bull****, I do realize that. I thought it would be fun to give you guys some of the more obscure ones and then including the one that seems to be adopted by the fans at the end. Innocent.

I think the relationship between James and Lily needs to be explored. If Dumbledore played love up so much and James and Lily only got it on because there was a prophecy that they could prevent evil from taking over... Why is it important? Their love and their wealth are two things that need to be explained before we get anyway. There has been speculation that Snape and Lily had a relationship and even rumors that Lily was, at one point, a death eater. It would definitely shake things up a bit, don't you agree?

Goodwill said:
I think the relationship between James and Lily needs to be explored.

Why, they love each other, end of story. If it needed to be explored, it already would have, this book is for wrapping things up, not opening new doors

If Dumbledore played love up so much and James and Lily only got it on because there was a prophecy that they could prevent evil from taking over... Why is it important?

What are you talking about? Why is what important? James and Lily got it on well before the prophecy was made. Voldemort attacked them pretty damn quickly after Snape told him about the prophecy. In about a week, if I'm following the timeline quickly. Even for the wizard world, to have a kid in a week that's a few month's old, that would be ****ing impressive.

Their love and their wealth are two things that need to be explained before we get anyway. There has been speculation that Snape and Lily had a relationship and even rumors that Lily was, at one point, a death eater. It would definitely shake things up a bit, don't you agree?

No it won't, it would be stupid. There has been no inclination towards Lily being a death eater, so to introduce this now, STUPID. It wouldn't shake anything up, because it's not going to happen. Look at the facts in front of you before saying, 'This would be cool'. Sirius explained that the Potter's were rich in book five, saying James' parents were rich. There needs to be no further explanation.

I hate how J.K. Rowling just gives away plot points by acknowledging them as true if someone guesses right. For example, I inadvertantly read in some interview with her that she's confirmed that
the Hog's Head bartender is actually Dumbledore's brother Aberforth
. ****! I didn't want to know that! Keep it to yourself woman!

Planet-man said:
I hate how J.K. Rowling just gives away plot points by acknowledging them as true if someone guesses right. For example, I inadvertantly read in some interview with her that she's confirmed that
the Hog's Head bartender is actually Dumbledore's brother Aberforth
. ****! I didn't want to know that! Keep it to yourself woman!

But if its not important, you probabaly won't find it out any other way...

I would also like to add:

Goodwill said:
Obscure titles for the book have been released, however I don't think any have any particular merit. For instance, I think one that I found was "Harry Potter and the Sword of Destiny"

SwordOfDestiny2.jpg

Ultimate Houde said:
No it won't, it would be stupid. There has been no inclination towards Lily being a death eater, so to introduce this now, STUPID. It wouldn't shake anything up, because it's not going to happen. Look at the facts in front of you before saying, 'This would be cool'. Sirius explained that the Potter's were rich in book five, saying James' parents were rich. There needs to be no further explanation.
pwned.jpg

Planet-man said:
Any idea where?

Not too sure where, and I'm not about to go through the book to find it exactly, but I remember something clicking in my head where I went, "Oh, that's cool. That's why Dumbledore always goes there.'

It may have been in one of the flashbacks, or where the chapter where Potter figures out Snape is the man who heard the prophecy

Ultimate Houde said:
…When has Alchemy even been mentioned in Harry Potter?

Uh, the first book, Harry Potter & the Philosophers Stone…?!?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited:

Even in your quote, Houde, I don't see where I said 'it would be cool' to see stupid things happen. I'm just posting random speculation. I don't mean to start an argument, but it is off base to be jumping down my throat about something I'm essentially reporting to you guys... This is all stuff I just read and posted. If you want my opinion, most of the stuff that is going around sounds ridiculous, like you haven't heard the half. Granted, I do think certain things about Harry's parents need to be explained so sue me for that... The last time we saw them interacting, Lily was furious with James for harassing Snape. What gives? This has been dangling since, I believe, the fourth book. I don't care if it's a minor thing, I'd like to learn a thing or two about James and Lily.

ANYWAY...

There is tons of evidence that Aberforth is the Hog's Head bartender. Before I get into it... It's rumored that Dumbledore also has another brother - a member of the Weird Sisters. Ok... Dumbledore was explaining to Harry that his brother got involved with goats and hasn't been the same since... The first time Harry walks into Hog's Head, it is described as smelling something to the effect of a goat. Also, the first time Harry noticed the bartender, he thought he looked familiar... Odd, right? Not to mention, the bartender was sitting in the front row of the funeral. Yeah, so it's not like it's giving too much away about Dumbledore... Although, Rowling has said she's not finished with Dumbledore yet (She has also said, I believe, that he is dead, though... So, perhaps Aberforth becomes a more important character by the end).

A theory my friends and I have joked about for years is that Voldemort's going to get gunned down in the 7th book. (read in a Dave Chapelle voice)All the expelliarmus in the world ain't gonna save you from a .44, *****!

That actually be awesome, playing Pulp Fiction music playing behind HArry, ROn and Hermoine.

Voldemort: AN dnow Potter, Ishall kill your friends, and THEN YOU!

The three of them, dressed in black suits, adjust their googles.

Potter: Block this.

They unload 44 magnums into him.

Boil said:
Alchemy was mentioned in the first book

Did they mention it in the movie? It's the only one of the books I never read, and saw th emovie instead. I realize the Stone is an old alchemy myth, it was an ingredient for a potion for immortality.

So in my mind, Alchemy in Harry Potter-verse is simply Advanced Potion making, and not true alchemy,

I'm not trying to be an *******, but could you please keep movie news out of this thread? I believe there is a thread for the Order of the Phoenix elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back