HBO discussion

Re: HBO Series

Boardwalk Empire premiered last night. after watching the 1st episode, i'm intrigued with the show. its got the whole sex/drugs/violence on lock. and even more so with the cold bloodiness. "There are no such things as half gangsters anymore."

"It's a Godly pursuit."

Michael Shannon is terrifying.

I liked it a lot too. "The thing about politics is you never let the truth get in the way of a good story". I liked how this was like the dawn of organized crime. I like how they mocked prohibition. Everyone fell into roles that will develop into something well worth it in the end, I think. I like Jimmy a whole lot... And which of the characters are actually really mobsters? I do recognize Al Capone, keep in mind...

Nucky Thompson (originally Johnson), Arnold Rothstein, Johnny Torrio, Frankie Yale, James Colosimo and Lucky Luciano are all real mobsters.

Kenny F'n Powers is back. I liked Chapter 7 a lot! I didn't think it could continue to be as funny, especially with the setting changed, but it was pretty consistent with last season I thought.

Haven't watched Boardwalk yet but look forward to doing that tomorrow.

"Looks like ****. What the **** is he doing, printin' that from a jpeg? Mother****er needs to be using TIFF files, dude! My face looks all computery and damn pixelated."

Michael Stuhlbarg's Arnold Rothstein is the best character in Boardwalk Empire, followed closely by Michael Shannon's Agent Van Elden. Hopefully Michael K. Williams' Chalky White will be in every episode now.

maybe its me, but i feel BoardWalk Empire (BWE) is starting to lose me a little bit. I can't tell what direction that the show is taking or where it wants to go. what is a possible end game? is it for Jimmy to step up? the Boardwalk to fail? a multi-state gang war? knock up that one chick? what is a possible end game? thats what i'd like to know.

"Kenny Powers and Barack Obama are two of the most famous people in show business."

The least funny episode of Eastbound last night. I think they are pushing Stevie too far. He can be funny and very awkward. In other words, I think he should just get drunk all time, as he is the funniest when intoxicated.

Least funny episode of Eastbound? Best episode of Dexter? What?!

Chalky White's monologue in the new Boardwalk Empire is what I've been waiting for. Michael K. Williams is awesome.

I said it was the best episode of Dexter THIS season, PX2. And, yea, Every other episode of Eastbound I have laughed harder at.

This show seems to be good at monologues. The one Rothstein gave about the cue ball down the dude's throat was great.

i was wondering why I found the monologue just a tad bit creepy, but creepy in a good'ish way...... The guy that plays Chalky White (Michael K. Williams) was also the guy that played Omar Little in The Wire.

[video=youtube;TwjN72Mk_iY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwjN72Mk_iY[/video]

[video=youtube;zweq4ZabNd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zweq4ZabNd8[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back