Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

So, I watched it. Really boring. Claire rebels against father again. Sylar attacking soldiers again. Nathan trying to make a point on why heroes should be detained again.

The only part I enjoyed was the last couple of minutes.

You are 5000% accurate.

I forgot to mention after watching 2 of the new episodes I have given up on Heroes and will not watch it anymore.

I watched this today and... I remember when I saw it Tuesday, ASAP. Now... meh.

As for my reviewant...

HRG calls his son, Lyle. I could've sworn his name was Zach. It's been so long since I've seen him, I have no idea who's right.

As Drunken Pickle said; it's just a rehash of what happened the last two weeks. Granted, HRG and his wife have broken up, and Sylar and Luke are now buds. Other than that... *sigh*

We had India stuff. I am wondering how Hiro and Ando got to India. There is no way they could've left the US without being noticed. They did not have their passports. Hiro cannot teleport. They have no money. I have no idea how they got there. No idea at all. Hiro's private jet? Is Nathan not observing the Nakamura family? How the hell did they get from the US with no cell phones to India?

Anyhow - they needn't have bothered. Deepak was rubbish. He was supposed to be a big criminal, but when the woman says, "But I don' wanna be married!" and he gets punched by a 5-foot tall Japanese man, he just goes, "I didn't want you in the first place!" And storms off. What a complete waste of everything.

Also, Ando will give Hiro his powers back by zapping him, I'm sure. And when he does, I will scream since the first thing I thought of when Ando got his powers is that they could return Hiro's powers. The idea neither them have thought to do it is insane. They should've tried by now, but they totally haven't.

Tracey by the way, is a completely psychopathic, stone killer. For no reason. Surrounded by loads and loads of guards with no way out, she killed a guy in front of her friend, the only one who didn't believe she had powers and was going to free her. Seriously. Why would Tracey do this? Apparently, she did it because she felt that's what Nathan wanted her to do.

That makes no sense. Tracey is out of the room, she's got that guy chained. She says to her friend she has no powers and Nathan's insane and she wants to be freed. Her friend demands she's freed. Everyone's in a big hullabaloo. Her friend goes up and takes Tracey and helps her walk away. Tracey's powers activate when her adrenaline's up. Her powers activate by accident and she kills her friend.

Instead... nonsense. Utter nonsense.

Finally, HRG moves out saying he's going to try to rebuild his marriage.

Surely, if he's NO LONGER LIVING IN THE HOUSE the government team will think he can't control his daughter and abduct her. Surely... this is how this works. So when he LEAVES the house, Claire gets abducted.

I don't get how he can be worried about his marriage more than the idea that Claire is going to get kidnapped because she's such an aggravating cow.

So very dull.

Last episode of Loeb, though.

And the cliffhanger was interesting. Let's see what happens...

I think it's fitting that the first Non-Loeb, full Fuller episode is an HRG centric episode.

Oh, and the son has always been Lyle. Zack was her gay best friend in season 1.

Last edited:
Just say the latest episode, "Cold Wars".

Some stupid things: How the military actually found Parkman and Mohinder at all; Mohinder's 'sacrifice' was a total cliche (especially since his 'betrayal' was kinda weak); and the weirdest thing of all... the whole episode is about them trying to work out who's hunting them, why, and how it got started. The weird thing is... we already knew all that stuff. It was totally obvious. It's a revelation episode but we know all the answers already. Weird.

That said, this is the first proper good episode of Heroes this entire season. It was proper good. For the first time, I didn't think Nathan was that much of a dick. I still think the central premise of the arc is retarded, but it was done well this week. A substantive improvement, and it's the first non-Loeb full-Fuller episode, apparently. Though he didn't write it. But it's a big step forward.

Unfortunately, at the end, we get a vision of the future of a bomb exploding Washington. *sigh* I'm bored of the future apocalypse nonsense.

All in all; pretty good. What's bizarre is that there's no Hiro or Ando in this episode, and Sylar (thankfully) and Claire (triple thankfully) are nowhere to be found.

Big improvement.

Last edited:
I'd be fine with constant apocalypse thing if they find out that with fate it is inevitable and build up to something huge than cool down for a while, building up to something different

But how would you know they were in peril if the future didn't blow up?

Shakespeare often had that problem. In Romeo and Juliet, no one really understands what's going on until Romeo has a vision of the future and sees Juliet exploding in a bomb blast.

I'd be fine with constant apocalypse thing if they find out that with fate it is inevitable and build up to something huge than cool down for a while, building up to something different

They were going to; the Shanti virus in "Generations". It was actually going to happen. They had a bunch of things set up. The WGA strike ****ed this show so hard; it forced them to abandon plot points and they did the worst thing they could - they stopped thinking about the show and just tried to appease the fan complaints. The third volume is filled with nothing but abandoned arcs. Every couple of episodes they put a new little arc in, then just abandoned it in favour of something else. Non stop.

What's frustrating is that they had an interesting mythology being built up that promised a lot of varied stories and instead, they just keep rehashing the same one. As I pointed out earlier, Adam Munroe was interesting enough to spawn a whole season's worth of conflicts that don't involve the superpower.

I'm more and more convinced that the original season 1 characters were not meant to be the main focus of the following seasons. Maybe the Petrelli brothers and Mohinder, but that's it. Many characters were obviously intended for just season 1; Isaac, Hiro, Parkman, Sylar, Ted, Linderman, Niki/Jessica, and so on. But I think they decided to keep them on, past their original purpose and are just repeating the same kinda story but shifting characters into different roles to keep it 'fresh'.

I think it'd be interesting to read the original planned story arcs for this show, as I think it's gone horribly off the rails.

That said, the latest episode was good, but didn't do anything to put the show back on the rails.

I believe when the show was first conceived, each season/book was going to focus on a specific story and a new group of characters each time. They abandoned this idea when they saw how popular some of the characters were (Sylar, Hiro, Peter etc.)

My main problem with the most recent episode was just how boring it's become. Even after season 1 when it stopped being a careful and serious show, it's rarely not been fun to watch. I think there was one VFX shot in last night's entire episode. Compare that to season 1.

My main problem with the most recent episode was just how boring it's become. Even after season 1 when it stopped being a careful and serious show, it's rarely not been fun to watch. I think there was one VFX shot in last night's entire episode. Compare that to season 1.

The problem with the latest episode is that it was trying to be "Company Man" but introduced nothing new. This episode actually made me feel that they're insulting our intelligence since a lot of things they 'revealed' were already pretty much implied, short of the revelation of Daphne being alive. Heck, I didn't even know Daphne was 'dead' since her death scene didn't have a lot of impact. I thought she was just shot in the back and arrested.

The new catastrophe to come also kinda pissed me off. I was hoping they would shift to another plot but once again we get another catastrophe foretold by another Isaac clone. Did they even try to equate this to the "Earth breaking apart" murals that African Isaac dude made?

Signs of Fuller's involvement though show, aside from the allusions to Company Man, looks like they're focusing mainly on a certain plot instead of spreading it around like Loeb does. Most likely we might see the more Hiro-centric or Sylar-centric episodes in the next things to come.

Last edited:
Seems we're all in the same boat: The show is still stupid, dull, repetetive, and boring but out of the blue, this episode was just far better than what came before.

Seems we're all in the same boat: The show is still stupid, dull, repetetive, and boring but out of the blue, this episode was just far better than what came before.

And its a safe bet that improvement will continue now that the show has been exorcised of Loeb and replaced with Fuller. By the end of this season/volume, we should start seeing some hallmark episodes.

It would be great if it could reclaim itself, but... the big problem is Nathan. He's a great character, but is being a dick. Sylar is so passe that he's boring. Getting those characters out of their ruts and back into the game is going to be hard. The thing of it is... those two guys are central to the show. As long as they're not working properly, the show can't.

The "Daphne's Dead" thing is just retarded anyway. Claire's blood can heal anybody. She knows this. No character should ever die around her.

Agreed forever. The "Hunter" shouldn't have any dead soldiers because of it. Noah and Nathan both know the healing effect of her blood and it would be an excellent bargaining chip to keep Claire on the Hunter's good side.

I honestly think the writers have forgotten her blood can do that.

Agreed forever. The "Hunter" shouldn't have any dead soldiers because of it. Noah and Nathan both know the healing effect of her blood and it would be an excellent bargaining chip to keep Claire on the Hunter's good side.

I honestly think the writers have forgotten her blood can do that.

Or are purposely ignoring it to neuter her a bit like they have Peter. Maybe while Sylar was messing around in her brain he shut that off? That wouldn't work though, right, because after the eclipse she felt pain again right? Or did she just stop *****ing about it?

No. If that had been the case, they would've mentioned it. The total absence of it means they either have forgotten, or don't know how to depower it and aren't mentioning it in the hopes everyone forgets.

The first season, where everyone was so n00b-ish, it was the entire point for why they couldn't do stuff with their powers. It worked. Now, it's like they're just intentionally being stupid. It's not working.

Yay! The Puppet Master is back! He had so much potential in Vol. 3, hopefully they will keep him round and not just put a bullet in him next episode...

Yay! The Puppet Master is back! He had so much potential in Vol. 3, hopefully they will keep him round and not just put a bullet in him next episode...

He's already made to look kind of weak - coming to Claire for help, and doing so at the direction of Deepthroat or whatever that person is being called. And when I say "that person" I mean it's most likely Angela or Nathan, but I hope I'm wrong and it's someone very surprising.

I'm almost certain that 'Rebel', our creepy online informant, is one of two people we haven't seen for a while.

The first was last seen in season one. Hana Gitelman, the girl who was basically a walking wifi connection. The graphic novels had her die and seemingly join the Internet, but she was thought dead when she was deleted from a mainframe or something...

The most likely candidate though, is Micah Sanders. He is supposed to be returning this season.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back