Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

AnTwan

How are we not talking about this heart stopping, neck breaking, nut kicking premier. It was in-****ing-credible. I still can't even think. My brain is literally soup.

How are we not talking about this heart stopping, neck breaking, nut kicking premier. It was in-****ing-credible. I still can't even think. My brain is literally soup.

We're digesting it. At least, I know I am.

Because holy ****, was that way better than anything Season 2. The only thing I didn't like was the revelation at the end. Which, honestly, I don't actually think was a revelation at all, but Angela using suggestion on Sylar.

Also, anyone else think Niki actually isn't Niki, but her thought-dead twin sister?

As for the rest, just awesome. Lots and lots of questions and possibilities and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of this season.

Well, for me I'm wait for tomorrow to watch it. I had to work so I had to record it. And I don't feel like staying up that late to watch it and discuss it.

I caught the last half of the first episode and all of the other, I'm not that impressed, I think it's just season 2 being so bad I can't shake it. It's like this show is ruined for me now
Also, anyone else think Niki actually isn't Niki, but her thought-dead twin sister?

That actually isn't a retarded idea. I'm just personally sick of niki and her personalities as well as Claire whining and Peter never knowing what he should do.

Yeeeeeah, I dunno. It was certainly bats**t crazy, but pretty silly.

Since when does Angela Petrelli have dreams of the future?

Why does future Peter have a scar if he can heal himself?

What about this particular time that Peter heals him makes Nathan find religion? And makes him ,essentially, turn into Baltar?

And, will somebody for the love of god please kill Maya already? I swear those scenes between her and Mohinder felt right out of Telemundo.

I appreciate that they're trying to up the action, but it feels like they're overcompensating for last season by just elevating the histrionics. The effort is showing.

I caught the last half of the first episode and all of the other, I'm not that impressed, I think it's just season 2 being so bad I can't shake it. It's like this show is ruined for me now

Eh, I dunno. I thought Season 2 was pretty bad, too, but the last few episodes of it were alright. And this is certainly a departure from it.

That actually isn't a retarded idea. I'm just personally sick of niki and her personalities as well as Claire whining and Peter never knowing what he should do.

Yeah, I'm really sick of anything to do with Niki. Hence why I'm hoping it isn't her. Plus, her power is awesome.

As for Claire, I agree. I was really hoping HRG would take her with him so she could do ****, but no. Still, her mom showing up could be an interesting development. And yeah, Peter. I think Peter's written that way because they don't know what to do with him. He's too powerful. I like that Future Peter is, basically, a villain, though. It at least gives them something to do with him.

Yeeeeeah, I dunno. It was certainly bats**t crazy, but pretty silly.

Better that then the molasses pace of Season 2. As far as it being silly, yeah, but then again, it's pretty much a superhero comic on TV. And superhero comics are pretty damn silly. I dunno, I'm willing to stay on board for at least this volume (Which goes to episode 12, I think). After that, well. . .we'll have to see where everything ends up.

Last edited:
Since when does Angela Petrelli have dreams of the future?
We've all known she has had a power, she was part of the company. The dream thing only makes sense. Peter has had prophetic dreams several times in the series. Dreams of flying or watching Nathan's crash. All kinds of different prophetic dreams. At first I thought he got them from Charles Devaux, but his power seemed more to interact with dreams. I knew Angela Petrelli's power to be something dream related, just didn't know the extent.

Why does future Peter have a scar if he can heal himself?
We don't know yet... this is the second future in which he has had a scar. And, this may be a little involved, but in "Five Years Gone" Peter has all of Sylar's powers. He doesn't have Claire's because Sylar got to her. Now if Peter had all of Sylar's powers wouldn't he have Claire's as well? So even in Five Years Gone he got a scar with healing power. Now, even WITH Claire's powers he has a scar. There is some event they have been hinting at we haven't seen yet. My guess is it involves the Haitian, but we don't know for sure yet.

What about this particular time that Peter heals him makes Nathan find religion? And makes him ,essentially, turn into Baltar?
The particular thing is simply that he messed up everything... He, unlike Ben, can't punch a dinosaur and get away with it.

And, will somebody for the love of god please kill Maya already? I swear those scenes between her and Mohinder felt right out of Telemundo.
I couldn't agree more. And I think having Suresh's power be "I'm Beast!" was a little to point blank. And the villians they released having comic book counterparts was a little lame too (except that fear guy! That's a cool ability and I want to see him use it.) They should know most of their audience are going to say "Pyro, Magneto, and Peter in Black Bolt's Body are cruising with that fear guy"

At least, that's what I got out of it.

Anyone else think when Mohinder was demostrating his new abilities that it was something like the remake of The Fly? cause i sure did

I've been saying that Mamma Petrelli had prophetic dreams since season 1! I knew it!

I love how it wasn't a big reveal or anything, she just mentioned it off-hand in talking to Future-Peter.

How much you guys wanna bet that it is future Hiro who is the villain and future Ando who is the hero?

Also, I think not-Nikki's power isn't ice control, but an ability to manifest whatever power others attribute to her. Basically, she is what people say she is. The reporter did refer to her as an ice queen just before his...accidnet.

Also--Sylar eats NO BRAINS! That's gross.

Last edited:
I thought it was alright. Better than anything Season 2 managed to come up with, but then, Ben punching a dinosaur is more compelling than anything Season 2 managed to come up with, so maybe we shouldn't use that as a yardstick by which to measure this one.

But I digress. There were a lot of things to like here, and a lot of things to hate. It had all the typical logical inconsistencies that we'd expect from Heroes, most of which will probably be explained away with "Butter Effect!!!11" Still, Sylar vs. Claire was good, even though there's absolutely no reason that fight needed to last longer than about two seconds (as Claire herself later says, healing isn't exactly what you would call an offensive power).

Also, I am displeased that Bob is dead, because really, he was the only real hint we got of how awesome a season actually devoted to understanding the previous generation could have - and should have - been. Instead, he's featured prominently in an awful season, and then dispensed of as quickly as possible at the beginning of the next. I guess I'm taking my anger at the complete and utter failure of any kind of compelling storyline for the previous generation out on Bob, but seriously ... it's an awesome idea, why in the world do you kill off all of them? I mean, that red-headed chick from the end of 2 is more interesting by her own self than Maya, Alejandro, West, Monica, and Mohinder combined.

Also, I'm not sure what to think of Mohinder getting powers. It should be interesting to see where they take it, but unless there's a serious side-effect, as in, you know, death, this show may have reached it's jump the shark moment. If anyone can have powers, how long until everyone does? I guess I should be happy, though. Mohinder should at least be passably interesting now.

Finally, I don't know what to think of the final revelation. Hell, I don't know what to think about anything they're doing with Sylar: he ends season two saying, "I'm back," and he's back for exactly two episodes when he's recruited by the good guys. Frankly, Sylar teaming up with anyone makes zero sense, so unless this is just a means to an end (kill all the badguys and steal their powers, and as an added bonus not have to worry about the Company hunting him down, which I think is probably the direction they'll take it), it's completely out of character.

As you can see, most of my negative opinions have to do with possible directions they'll take the show. If they manage to find a way to make all of these plots work, then more power to them. But with everyone all over the place and so many things going on at once, I have to wonder if they'll be able to pull it together, or if this is just gonna end up like season 2 all over again

I think Angela Petrelli isn't "teaming up" with Sylar. I bet she just points him in the direction of the villains in general.

My biggest problem with the second episode? When they bring Claire's mom in, and for some reason she feels the need to do her Fire thing. What the ****? That doesn't make ANY sense. I was hoping he was going to drop off Elle.

Also: Hellz yeah! Weevil's in Heroes! and he has such an awesome power, it makes cheerleaders cry.

My biggest problem with the second episode? When they bring Claire's mom in, and for some reason she feels the need to do her Fire thing. What the ****? That doesn't make ANY sense. I was hoping he was going to drop off Elle.

I'm guessing that was to show new viewers what Merideth's power is. That's the only thing I can think of.

Also: Hellz yeah! Weevil's in Heroes! and he has such an awesome power, it makes cheerleaders cry.

I was dying when I saw Francis and Kristin together. I was like "HEROES IS VERONICA MARS SEASON 4! Where's Logan with his power of AWESOME!?"

Last edited:
I'm guessing that was to show new viewers what Merideth's power is. That's the only thing I can think of.

Well, yes, clearly I think that was the reason. I am just saying that that is a really stupid reason. "hey Claire! You're my daughter! I can do fire! Remember?!"

I was dying when I saw Francis and Kristin together. I was like "HEROES IS VERONICA MARS SEASON 4! Where's Logan with his power of AWESOME!?"

If Logan joined the show I would be the happiest Cowboy this side of the Mississippi.

If Logan joined the show I would be the happiest Cowboy this side of the Mississippi.

Happier than these cowboys?

brokeback_mountain.jpg

I think Angela Petrelli isn't "teaming up" with Sylar. I bet she just points him in the direction of the villains in general.

I agree with all that. WEEVIL!

:rockon:

Now I watched this and I have no idea why I watch Heroes. I have to see what happens next but there is sometimes it is bad. The acting and dialogue is like Power Rangers level bad, but I love the idea of more villains. I've been waiting for that. Sylar now hunting them is even more awesome.

More than anything I am so sick of these grim futures and everyone knowing and trying to stop what is coming.

Heroes is turning into the X-men.

Random Thoughts
-I want more Elle
-I'm glad Bob is dead, he annoyed me.
-Why is Mohinder, Spider-Man? With the proportionate annoyance of a spider.
-Slyar and Claire...awesome.
-Future Peter is pretty interesting.
-I like Hiro's new nemesis and love the scenes with the two.

I'm confused... Did Loeb and Coleite come up with the Idea to use MGH in show first or in Ultimate X-Men???

Latest posts

Back