Heroes Season 3 (Spoilers)

I saw the beginning of this today and I am interested. Heroes Season 1 was mediocre to me (though there were some good bits) and I avoided Season 2 completely because it was terrible. But this season is interesting.

Maybe if I can get it for free.

Lots of build-up and this season looks really promising. Some of my speculations:

- Sylar will be setup as an anti-hero, who will be dispatched to kill the villanous metahumans and in return he gets their powers.

- I believe that Tracy/Nikki is genuinely unaware of her past, and she is probably similar to Marvel's Legion in which she manifests powers depending on her personalities. The "ice queen" remark was the clue.

- I believe that Tracy/Nikki is genuinely unaware of her past, and she is probably similar to Marvel's Legion in which she manifests powers depending on her personalities. The "ice queen" remark was the clue.

I thought about that, but honestly, a few things don't add up.

One is that, obviously, there's no way in hell that Tracy could have been an analyst for the governor in between seasons 2 and 3. Literally no time passes. It's possible, although very unlikely, that she was spliting her time as Niki/Jessica and Tracy. I just would find that highly unbelieavable.

Secondly, we know that both Niki and Jessica can use super strength. Which sort of blows it out of the water.

Finally got to see this yesterday.

A lot went on, maybe too much. I think you guys have pretty much nailed how I feel about this show - it's mindless, it's mindlessly aggravating, and there's poor writing but I still watch. And enjoy it. I'm puzzled by a great many things (Sylar is a Petrelli? WHAT?) but will stay on for the ride, probably.

One thing is for sure, though. Mohinder needs to die. He injected himself with douche bag ability.

I thought it was an excellent opening to what will hopefully be an equally excellent season.

I absolutely loved future Peter, and I hope he remains a main character for the entire season.

I want to see the future that Hiro went to, and how Ando gets powers.

Can't wait till next week.

I thought it was pretty cool that they revealed the third Summers brother...oh...he's a Petrelli? Yeah, sorry, thought I was watching the X-Men.

Between the 3rd brother, Virus, and Days of Future Past stories, I'm finding it VERY difficult to believe Kring when he says he's never read X-Men in his life.

So, I didn't watch the first season, and only caught snippets of season two, because it seemed pretty awful. But this was kind of interesting. From what I've read, it seems like there's a new "dark alternate future" every season, and if I wasn't entirely new to the show, I figure I'd be sick of it by now. The same might be said of the lady with multiple personality disorder. She seems fine to me (although, basically Emma Frost), but that 's probably because I don't know her history. And some of the writing is just fairly awful. It felt like one of those shows that I'd expect to go straight to daytime syndication, but all in all, not bad at all.

I thought it was pretty cool that they revealed the third Summers brother...oh...he's a Petrelli? Yeah, sorry, thought I was watching the X-Men.

Between the 3rd brother, Virus, and Days of Future Past stories, I'm finding it VERY difficult to believe Kring when he says he's never read X-Men in his life.

Uh, yeah. I thought the exact same thing. When I saw Peter from the future, it was like... "Cable!?" And blond lady bears a striking resemblance to Emma Frost.

Last edited:
So, I didn't watch the first season, and only caught snippets of season two, because it seemed pretty awful. But this was kind of interesting. From what I've read, it seems like there's a new "dark alternate future" every season, and if I wasn't entirely new to the show, I figure I'd be sick of it by now. The same might be said of the lady with multiple personality disorder. She seems fine to me (although, basically Emma Frost), but that 's probably because I don't know her history. And some of the writing is just fairly awful. It felt like one of those shows that I'd expect to go straight to daytime syndication, but all in all, not bad at all.

Uh, yeah. I thought the exact same thing. When I saw Peter from the future, it was like... "Cable!?" And blond lady bears a striking resemblance to Emma Frost.

Yeah, in the Season 3 preview at SDCC, there's a snippet of either Elle or Nikki/Tracy in Emma's old Hellfire Club outfit (white cloak, corset, boots, etc)

Yeah, in the Season 3 preview at SDCC, there's a snippet of either Elle or Nikki/Tracy in Emma's old Hellfire Club outfit (white cloak, corset, boots, etc)

For real? Ugh.... Why couldn't they just give us Morrison's New X-Men? That would have been great.

Anyway, my thoughts on the series so far. It was alright. I'll probably keep watching for a few more episodes. But if this was a comic book series, I'd be ragging on it so hard. A decent amount of the dialog really made me wince. But more importantly, it seems to basically be every tired comic book trope stirred together into a big stew. But it's novel, I guess, because it's something we've never seen in action on TV before. But I get the feeling that if I'd started watching this show earlier, I would have gotten bored with it way before season three. It feels like all the tired X-Men stories cobbled together and put on the screen, and I'm willing to bet money that season four will be the Age of Sylarocalypse. All in all, it makes me sad that they couldn't get the TV adaptation of Starman right. That series would have translated incredibly well to television and would have told an incredibly more interesting story. But this will be cool enough for a little while.

The chick who plays Girl-Flash is cute, and I think speedster vs. time traveler is a good dynamic, even if the introduction of the two characters together was pretty non-sensical. The beat with the Indian dude also seemed fairly inane. We could all see exactly what was coming, and his revelation of how to make the formula ("OMG! It's fight or flight!") is just asinine. Really? You've been studying this whole phenomenon for years, and it took that to finally break the code? Doesn't sound like good science to me. And it really takes two hours to show us that a fat detective is meeting an African dude out in the desert? And Petey putting his past self into some criminal's body really felt like jumping the shark. As for Sylar, well, that whole thing was confusing to me. In the first place, it seemed incredible that the security down in the superhuman prison was so lax, and then that the guy who managed to take it down single handedly got iced so easy. And then, old lady letting a serial killer out on the loose? I'll extend my suspension of disbelief, but something tells me the explanation won't be satisfying.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Veronica Mars in White Queen gear though. rowr!

Last edited:
I'm finally caught up and got to watch episode one. I love this show more than my family. Well, more than my wife's family.

We've all known she has had a power, she was part of the company. The dream thing only makes sense. Peter has had prophetic dreams several times in the series. Dreams of flying or watching Nathan's crash. All kinds of different prophetic dreams. At first I thought he got them from Charles Devaux, but his power seemed more to interact with dreams. I knew Angela Petrelli's power to be something dream related, just didn't know the extent.

Word.

We don't know yet...

SERIOUSLY. I can't believe people are griping about plot holes or whatever after the first episode. God, you guys are such comic book readers sometimes.

I like how that was a "Seriously, Shut up The Internet. He doesn't eat the brains."

:lol: That was awesome.

Random Thoughts
-I want more Elle
-I'm glad Bob is dead, he annoyed me.
-Why is Mohinder, Spider-Man? With the proportionate annoyance of a spider.
-Slyar and Claire...awesome.
-Future Peter is pretty interesting.
-I like Hiro's new nemesis and love the scenes with the two.

When did Bob die? I didn't see that.

And don't be a retard. "Spider-man" :roll:

The Sylar & Claire scene was one of the best in any of the episodes. Pure awesome.

I knew this was all the bad things that made the X-men unbearable.

Why does E enjoy this!?

Go sit in your room and listen to Korn.

When Elle, walked around and sees him without the top of his head

****. This was in season 3 episode 1? I watched a downloaded video...I wonder if it was missing parts?

****. This was in season 3 episode 1? I watched a downloaded video...I wonder if it was missing parts?

Well they aired episodes 1 and 2 back to back on tv, I glanced over the part in your post where you said you only saw episode 1, sorry for that spoiler. Should be a little more careful when reading a spoiler thread

Last edited:
Well they aired episodes 1 and 2 back to back on tv, I glanced over the part in your post where you said you only saw episode 1, sorry for that spoiler. Should be a little more careful when reading a spoiler thread

Well hell. I had no idea they did that.

I had no idea there were 2 episodes already.

Latest posts

Back