Heroes seasons 1 & 2 series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Heroes

Damn!!! I wish I had cable. :cry:

I get my TV service Thursday. So hopefully NBC will air it again. The premise is cool enough.

They aired it twice. At the end of the first broadcast(last night) they said "If you missed tonight's episode, be sure to catch the encore presentation tommorow night at 8". Luckily I saw that so my dad and I were able to watch it tonight. At the end of that broadcast, they said the episode is now available at www.nbc.com. I don't think they're gonna air it again so you ought to check there.

Now avert your eyes VVD, pilot *spoilers* ahead...

I though the show was pretty good. Like Moony said, Hiro is the best guy on the show(though I'd liken him more to Hurley[the best character on LOST, imho] than Locke). He's gonna be a star.

I also really like the whole psychic painter thing and the comic book connection there, and the way the series is laid out in chapters like a graphic novel. That's a great idea and helps sell the concept of the show.

I'm definitely watching again next week. This looks like a very promising endeavour.:D

Yeah I liked the show. Hiro was definitely one of the better parts but it did have a little sexual stuff which is usually good for ratings. Im definitely going to keep watching and I think this will last for more than one season.

I too relate Hiro more to Hurley, not Locke.

I actually remembered that this was on and to tune in. I think the most intriguing thing for me is the geneticist trying to explain what's happening with these superpowers and why it's happening, but that's because I'm a science geek. :oops:

The large cast is confusing, partly because there don't seem to be a lot of stand-out characters. I probably should have taped it, or watched the encore performance. Still, I'm willing to keep watching and see where this goes.

I started watching this the other night thinking that it would blow. My first impression was that it was kind of a rip off and all the powers I'd heard about were unoriginal. I actually liked it. There were some slow parts but it managed to keep me interested throughout. I like the idea of the heroin addict predicting the future and i totally called it when the dude who thought he could fly got saved by his brother. Something about the painting gave it away I guess. Can't wait for the next episode.:D

I started watching this the other night thinking that it would blow. My first impression was that it was kind of a rip off and all the powers I'd heard about were unoriginal. I actually liked it. There were some slow parts but it managed to keep me interested throughout. I like the idea of the heroin addict predicting the future and i totally called it when the dude who thought he could fly got saved by his brother. Something about the painting gave it away I guess. Can't wait for the next episode.:D

Yeah I just watched my recording of it, and basically you just summed up everything I wanted to say.

So basically.........I like it.

Last edited:

In that sense I can see it trying to copy Lost's large cast, except in Lost's case all the characters are interesting (at least to me).

Do you think it's the Lost audience they're going for? I thought it was more like the 4400. Lost DOES have a lot of attempted rip-offs this season... every one of which totally misses the point of what makes that series so good.

Heroes is off to a really slow beginning, but I hope things pick up and we get an actual plotline. The only twist that interests me so far is the identity of the cheerleader's dad...

:( I made this topic but it's still not on in uk.

I want to see it damn it.

I caught part of it. It's definitely worth catching again.

I think it's downfall is going to be when they try to explain how all these strange people got there powers. I think they'll end up going with something along the lines of Mutant X, which said that all there powers came from mass genetic experimentation.

I downloaded the first episode, along with Jericho, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll post my comments when I've watched it.

I absolutely loved it. This, along with Jericho, has been my favorite NEW show of the season (I emphasize new because Supernatural also premiered recently, and that's one of my absolute favorites). Everything seemed to work for me, and I love all of the heroes, Super-Hiro being my favorite. Maybe I'm being a little overenthusiastic, but I had extremely high expectations for this, and it more than lived up to every one of them.

Well, I caught the first episode last week and thought it was ok... It did keep my interest enough to watch the second episode, which was on earlier.

I have to agree with most everyone about Hiro. He's definitely my favorite.

Niki is probably my second favorite, most likely has to do with the fact that her power isn't really known. Is it an alter-ego, a parallel-self from a mirror universe, a guardian angel/devil. So many possibilities.

Also, for those not too happy with the pilot, the second episode was exceedingly better, and I'm hoping that stays the trend :rockon:

I can see this being redundant in a few weeks, with little story being told and things happening mysteriously

there's no way this can be more than one or two seasons.

This episode was good, but not excellent. Sure the story developed, but the episode felt like they're trying to play out the bad guy like he's more interesting than he really is.

I love how Hiro's character is being developed, he rocks!!!:rockon:

I like where the story's headed, next episode looks interesting with the Heroes realizing that they're part of something bigger, and maybe finding each other. And I can't wait to see what happens with Niki's powers. I'll admit, towards the end of the episode I found myself enjoying the show very much, like Holy Crap he tranported himself 5 weeks not a day!!! And awesome look at that guy's skull sliced off!!!

Overall it was a 4/5

Last edited:

And awesome look at that guy's skull sliced off!!!

You do realize that there was several dead bodies with their skulls missing, obviously another power, most likely the one who was on the answering machine of that guy's father who had the logarithum to find the heroes.

I'm finding this show incredibly predictive

Last edited:

You do realize that there was several dead bodies with their skulls missing, obviously another power, most likely the one who was on the answering machine of that guy's father how had the logarithum to find the show.

I'm finding this show incredibly predictive

Yeah I realize it but I only needed to make my point once. Anyway what was the killer's name, Siler or something?

Hopefully when the next episodes play out there'll be more surprises.

Last edited:

Hey i've seen it too. it looks promising, but what's with the whole next episode spoilers? last week they said we'd see them come together like a comic ( the fly guy said it) but now we wait for next week? also its reminiscent of x-men, with the government wanting to stop all of these "abnormal" people. and then there comes syler (sp?) who kills everyone, which makes the gov. want to get rid of them even more. and the freezing? wtf?!?!

and when is surface coming back? they left us hanging......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back