Heroes seasons 1 & 2 series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Heroes

oh and if you look on wikipedia it shows a list of the HEROES episodes and there are only seven...though if thats whats been revealed as of now or total i dont know

I finally caught the show and I have to say....I don't know how to feel about it.

The mystery aspect is cool...to an extent but the "time jumping" confused the hell outta me. So Hiro teleports into the future? I don't get it.

But just like any other crappy comic I get into, I'll give this a few more episodes before I write it off as complete bollocks.

The second episode was better than the first. I'll definitely keep watching, for at least three more episodes....

Oh and the killer's name is spelled "Saylar."

Closed captioning, beeyatches. :)

Last edited:

This show is also being broadcast on the Sci Fi Channel Fridays at 7 p.m., so if you missed Monday's episode, you can catch it later in the week.

This show is also being broadcast on the Sci Fi Channel Fridays at 7 p.m., so if you missed Monday's episode, you can catch it later in the week.

Yeah I had heard that. Does that also mean Sci-Fi will have it on their website???

I didn't see anything that suggested the episode could be viewed there, other than a link to the official NBC website for it. But I might have missed it. Here's the link: The Sci Fi Channel "Heroes" site.

In a completely unrelated note: Hey! There's a Dresden Files series in the works for Sci Fi, too! :D Need to get that on my calendar for January.

I'm really getting into the show now. Hiro is still the best character but Parkman(the cop who can hear thoughts) is a great addition to the show and an excellent actor. I'm also starting to find the Claire's story really intriguing. I think it was the part where she let the other cheerleader take credit for her heroics that did it for me, because now I can actually relate to her.

The end of the episode was so cool, and I'm glad because that means Isaak didn't die yet.

Does anyone else think the guy who can fly would make a great Kyle Rayner?:)

I really like this as well, although we still barely know anything about the plot, and after two episodes seem to have just been introduced to some of the characters, its really kept me watching. Hope this doesnt get ex'd like surface did.

This show doesn't seem all that great to me.

It has its strong points and weak points, but sometimes the weak ones show more.

BTW, did anyone else feel like the flying sequence with the brothers looked really......well not well done. I mean it looked completely unrealistic.

BTW, did anyone else feel like the flying sequence with the brothers looked really......well not well done. I mean it looked completely unrealistic.
Yeah I thought so too, but then what would realistic flying look like?
Love the show so far and Hiro is my favorite character just like mostly everone on the interwebs.
Seguoi Desu, YATAH!

Last edited:

Yeah I thought so too, but then what would realistic flying look like?

Well its been done plenty of other times in movies, and its not like people don't have the resources these days so I guess all I'm sayin is it could've been done better.

With the introduction of Saylar, we have the hints of an actual plotline now. I'd guess that he can sense the 'Heroes'. Maybe the sensation is painful or maddening and so he hunts and kills them by chopping off the top of their heads. Maybe he can gain their abilities (or thinks he can) if he acquires their brains. This first story arc appears to be aiming towards stopping Saylar or stopping the nuke or both. Now that the cheerleader's dad knows about her (I suspect he always knew and was waiting for her powers to manifest) I wonder if he's going to try to take her out thus causing her to run off or will he try to kill her with secondary sources so that she'll always run back to him when in trouble. I'm not sure how the cop is going to get off the hook, but it'll probably happen in the very next episode. He has too much potential to keep him locked away for long.

Some of you have commented on the show being confusing because of so many characters. I have to chalk this up to short attention spans (come on, is this show REALLY that deep?), but here's what I have so far and I welcome any additions/modifications to this list as the show progresses.

Artist - Precognitive visions
Politician and brother - Flight
Online Stripper - MPD (Jekyll and Hyde)
Son of Stripper - Tech genius
Cop - Telepath
Cheerleader - Regeneration
Hiro - Teleport through time and space
Murdered Professor's Son - Genetic scientist putting it all together

I just watched the first episode and I enjoyed it very much. I don't think that its confusing, especially because the characters are kinda connected. I thought Lost was more confusing in the first episodes. But then again they are not the same type of series. I'm looking forward for the second episode (I'm downloading it.)

Well its been done plenty of other times in movies, and its not like people don't have the resources these days so I guess all I'm sayin is it could've been done better.

I actually liked the juvenile look between the brothers, it made it look completely realistic to me.

This show doesn't seem all that great to me.

I can run a little slow, but I say give it another 3 episodes. By then they should get past the "getting to know our heroes" and get it to the good stuff.

Heroes is the first new Fall show (and so far only) that has been given a full season extension. Meaning 22-23 episodes. 1st year shows start off with 13, and if ratings are good, this happens. If they're bad, well, they're cancelled in the blink of an eye.

Uk people

Heroes has been picked up by scifi channle in the uk

they have not said when it will be shown but it is expected to be sometime after chrimbo.

Latest posts

Back