Heroes seasons 1 & 2 series discussion [spoilers]

Re: Heroes *Spoilers*

... I didn't like it that much. Such a shame, it was too much in just one chapter it felt really forced and rushed.

I loved the story itself but the execution was poor. I agree with Doom that it was the best they could do under what happened with the writers and all, but still...

I loved the story itself but the execution was poor. I agree with Doom that it was the best they could do under what happened with the writers and all, but still...

I don't think the writer's strike effected it that much. I think the press conference at the end is the only thing added

I think I know exactly who shot Nathan and am surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

The episode was decent. The vial-dropping thing was so silly. Okay, maybe the timeframes aren't in real time so Peter walked in JUST after Hiro and Kensei teleported, but how would he just immeadiately see something falling to the floor and know to stop it?

My biggest problem with the series is that every episode, I find myself yelling "you idiot just do THIS with your powers!" at least two or three times. Hiro never teleports out of anything, Peter never reads minds, Micah never stops anyone else's car engine and Monica can't do **** all.

Speaking of Micah, is anyone else getting really sick of characters being all surprised that he can use his power to do things, and them him just smiling and them finding it really cute?

Calling a few things:

- Angela Petrelli has the same powers as Peter. That's why she can use Telepathy when Matt's around... Perhaps they're more limited with her, more of Early Season One Peter Petrelli Level...

- Linderman is alive. Angela used his own healing powers to fix him.

- She was on the phone with Linderman.

...Yup.

Probably wrong, but if I'm right, i want everyone to know how awesome I am.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure both Nikki and Nathan are still alive. They both got Claire/Adam blood injections. How long do they retain their healing abilities?

Calling a few things:

- Angela Petrelli has the same powers as Peter. That's why she can use Telepathy when Matt's around... Perhaps they're more limited with her, more of Early Season One Peter Petrelli Level...

- Linderman is alive. Angela used his own healing powers to fix him.

- She was on the phone with Linderman.

...Yup.

Probably wrong, but if I'm right, i want everyone to know how awesome I am.

Using some conventional wisdom, the heroes on this show seem to be like zombies... take out the brain and they're done for good. That much has been stated a couple of times during this season. Linderman's brain was pulped within his own head, so I'm pretty sure we saw the last of him.

Angela was probably on the phone with ol' Bob, who I'm sure gave the kill order to Noah. If not Bob, then who? Adam's six feet under. Noah's a company man again. Daddy Petrelli? There's always that bit of speculation but of course, just speculation.

I think I know exactly who shot Nathan and am surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

HRG now that he's back with The Company?

My biggest problem with the series is that every episode, I find myself yelling "you idiot just do THIS with your powers!" at least two or three times. Hiro never teleports out of anything, Peter never reads minds, Micah never stops anyone else's car engine and Monica can't do **** all.

Speaking of Micah, is anyone else getting really sick of characters being all surprised that he can use his power to do things, and them him just smiling and them finding it really cute?

I find myself saying that all the time.

And I believe Micah's powers require him to be in contact with the item he wants to command. It's not all Mitchell Hundred like. And yeah...I find it so annoying that people with the ability to mimic anything they see or rip people in half are always like, "OMG! You can make teh macheen o anything you wants it to?"

**** yes! You just cut a rose petal tomato after seeing it on TV.....is it really that hard to believe?

Calling a few things:

I don't think so. I think it's just that she knows he can read minds so she just shouts things mentally for him to hear.

I'm pretty sure both Nikki and Nathan are still alive. They both got Claire/Adam blood injections. How long do they retain their healing abilities?

I'd rather Nathan just gets put in intensive care, why can't they do this rather than constantly doing this blood transfer thing?

I doubt Linderman was on the phone and that mama Petrelli has the same powers as Peter, there's really no evidence for that. Its more likely persuasion like Noah's one partner due to that scene with her and her daughter in law. She did not exhibit telepathy, mere made a statement in her mind that Parkman heard.

What I want to know it, how come no one else saw the explosion at the end of season one, I doubt illusion girl could pull of an illusion for the entire city

Nikki didn't. She was going to, but it never went through. As for Nathan, I really don't think the blood's power lasts that long. Either he's dead, Peter will revive him (Though, I don't think Peter's blood has the same properties as Adam's or Claire's), or Claire will revive him.

HRG now that he's back with The Company?

No. Here's who I think it is, but be warned.... I'm almost positive I'm right.
Future Peter, and they'll be an episode down the line from his point of view where he has to do it.

And I believe Micah's powers require him to be in contact with the item he wants to command.

I thought so too.... until the comment about the traffic lights this episode.

I don't think so. I think it's just that she knows he can read minds so she just shouts things mentally for him to hear.

Agreed.

Future Peter, and they'll be an episode down the line from his point of view where he has to do it.

Oooo....good one. It's definitely a possibility. Probably the best.

I thought so too.... until the comment about the traffic lights this episode.

Another good catch. I forgot about that part.

I recognize that this season is FAR inferior in comparison to the first season. With that said---I'm really trying to avoid the crazy speculation and wild theories this time around because it's just gonna annoy me when they don't take that route. Instead I'm enjoying it for what it is and their serious approach to the superpower concept. It could've easily devolved into another "Birds of Prey" or campy "Smallville" rehash....instead its become the great phenomenon it is today (save some of the more ridiculous parts of this season).

Damn them...

They dangle the carrot of Maya being dead in front of me (which I actually cheered loudly for) only to snatch it away with Claire's blood. Bastards.

"Look, we can kill Niki and Nathan, but no the whiny Honduran."

That being said, Hiro burying Adam alive - Finest moment of the season.

If it is, they went out of their way to make it seem like someone at the Company. The camera in the vault recording Nathan, Matt and Peter's coversation, Angela Petrelli's phonecall, and HRG back in the fold.

I think it'd be a good twist, but I don't think they're that clever.

Alright, dug up a few. . .interesting things. These are spoilers for Volume III, so read if you dare.

Nikki: Nikki's dead. Gone. Woosh.

. . .but Jessica isn't. :shock:

Nathan: A complete unknown. Apparently, the head honchos on the show are in a stalemate on whether or not to keep Nathan alive.

One thing I have to say though is that if Adam's powers work the way I think they do he isn't down for the count. It might take awhile but he could eventually claw through his coffin and dig himself out. If his powers are always working and he can survive without food and air, and being buried if he can break through the coffin, he will eventually be back.

One thing I have to say though is that if Adam's powers work the way I think they do he isn't down for the count. It might take awhile but he could eventually claw through his coffin and dig himself out. If his powers are always working and he can survive without food and air, and being buried if he can break through the coffin, he will eventually be back.

Whenever they don't kill a character, they'll return. Especially with a title like VILLAINS. I'm expecting a final showdown between Peter and Sylar and Hiro and Adam. Hell, maybe even HRG and Bob.

realistically, they shouldn't. He'd need energy from food and water in order to keep regenerating.

realistically, they shouldn't. He'd need energy from food and water in order to keep regenerating.

Not necessarily. We don't know if his regeneration needs food or water. His blood could be a renewable source of energy for all we know.

Agreed, but even if they somehow found a way around that, he'd still need air.

Possibly. Although, as soon as that casket opened, he'd regenerate just like Peter and Claire did when their brains were impaled.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back