Heroes seasons 1 & 2 series discussion [spoilers]

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
The epic drama "Heroes" chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities. As a total eclipse casts it shadow across the globe, viewers follow a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy, "Blind Guy Driving") in India whose father's disappearance leads him to uncover a secret theory -- there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia, "The Bedford Diaries") tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar, "Judging Amy") that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere, "Ice Princess") learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas stripper (Ali Larter, "Final Destination"), struggling to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey, "My Wife & Kids"), uncovers that her mirror image has a secret. A prison inmate (Leonard Roberts, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") mysteriously finds himself waking up outside of his cell. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera, "Empire"), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and the relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress, "Third Watch"), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck beat cop (Greg Grunberg, "Alias") can hear people's thoughts, including the secrets of a captured terrorist. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka, "Scrubs") develops a way to stop time through sheer will power. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world. "Heroes" is executive produced by creator/writer Tim Kring ("Crossing Jordan), Dennis Hammer ("Crossing Jordan") and David Semel ("House"), who also directed the pilot. The drama is from NBC Universal Television Studio.

Sounds very promising. I hope it comes to the uk. If not i'll have to buy it on dvd from usa. For the americans on here it starts January 1, 2007 on NBC

Last edited:
Re: *NEW* Heroes

For some reason, I'm getting a very "Surface"-like vibe from this show, but Greg Grunberg's going to be in it, and he's probably one of the finest TV actors around, so I'll check it out.

Aeroth said:
For some reason, I'm getting a very "Surface"-like vibe from this show, but Greg Grunberg's going to be in it, and he's probably one of the finest TV actors around, so I'll check it out.

I think it will be one of 2 things

a) Like the 4400 only crossed with comic books
or
b) each episode will feel diffrent and will be like a mini superhero movie.

sjmole said:
I think it will be one of 2 things

a) Like the 4400 only crossed with comic books
or
b) each episode will feel diffrent and will be like a mini superhero movie.

I expected that would be the case, but I read about this show a few months ago, and I remember the producers saying that they're going to be committed to trying to stay way from the typical comic-book/superhero mold with this show.

I think the problem this show will suffer is an inablity to maintain a good heroe/villian dynamic. This was the problem with Mutant X, IMO. I liked the show, but as the show progressed they never were able to do anything to keep it original. It was a lot of the same foil the archvillian's plans over and over.

The other thing they're going to have to deal with is explaining how these specific people got their talents. I don't think they could get away with them just being evolutionary leaps. It's probably going to be some super secret government program probably mixing in some alien s*** too.

I do think it would be interesting if they did something along the lines of the movie Night Watch where everyone chooses sides and sticks with them. As they come to grips with their abilities they're absorbed into one group or the other. This would be cool because we could get to know certain characters and then see them become bad guys.

MaxwellSmart is Night Watch also a superhero movie? I only ask because if it is I shall so buy it if it's on dvd

It looks quite good.

Re: Heroes

Wow. Just... Wow. It's clearly patched together from ideas taken elsewhere (I noticed hints of everything from X-Files, to Lost, to The 4400), but the trailer seems to integrate them into a cohesive whole in a fun, entertaining way. I'm definitely gonna follow this, at least for the first several episodes.

Also, wasn't there an eclipse concept related to superpowers elsewhere? Strczinski's Rising Stars, maybe?

Last edited:

Did anyone else watch this (It's on again right now)?

I really liked it. Some of it was a bit dull, but it's worth watching just for the Japanese guy. He's like Locke when I first started watching LOST. He kind of makes the whole show for me. And his name is "Hiro".

I can't wait to see where this show goes, and I can't wait to see how fast NBC will probably cancel it.

Damn!!! I wish I had cable. :cry:

I get my TV service Thursday. So hopefully NBC will air it again. The premise is cool enough.

I really liked it. Some of it was a bit dull, but it's worth watching just for the Japanese guy. He's like Locke when I first started watching LOST. He kind of makes the whole show for me. And his name is "Hiro".

I can't wait to see where this show goes, and I can't wait to see how fast NBC will probably cancel it.

Actually it got really good ratings for the first episode.

I just watched the rerun that aired tonight at 8. It definitely has potential, but it is in no way "the new LOST" like some critics are saying.

Heh. Hiro.

I think Hiro (the Japanese guy who thinks he can bend space and time) is the only redeeming factor of this show. I just watched it and found it to be lacking in every other facet. Just didn't do it for me. I think the main problem this show has right now is too many characters, none of which are interesting (except Hiro). Besides the fact that every character did the cliched explaining of their new-found powers to some other character. Just weak all around, in my opinion.

In that sense I can see it trying to copy Lost's large cast, except in Lost's case all the characters are interesting (at least to me).

Latest posts

Back