Hobgoblin Primer

so are they saying that harry's going only after peter. because of what happened to his dad. I was re-reading ultimate six and at the end harry says
"all of you"-"i'll kill of you for this" he was talking everyone that was at the scene the ultimates and peter where there.

Caduceus said:
Nah something big time. The Ultimates didn't step in for the Original Goblin, only normal SHIELD agents. So why on earth would they send them in for Hobgoblin, especially when they are in the middle of their Thor-Related crisis.

Nick Fury, all time head honcho of the Ultimates was handeling that one perosnaly, and given the slower build of Spider-Man compaired to that of X-Men or The Ultiamtes there's no real way to tell if The Ultimates had been formed just then, or if Fury had only just ascended to head of SHIELD. If I remember correctly he wasn't a General in that arc.

But wasn't the Triskellion established in that arc? Even referring to it as headquarters of The Ultimates? Yep, issue 26. Or 25. One of them, anyway. I think the whole Colonel/General thing was just some of the confusion when two writers are using the same character at the same time.

As for the threat that they would need The Green Goblin, I wasn't thinking about Hobby or a single villain. MWOF, are you expecting Norman to show up in the upcoming arc (outside of possible flashbacks)? I'm expecting it to be all Hobby.

Norman has strong ties to the Government, from having been hired to work on the Super Soldier program, and also that he knows someone within the White House and was able to get a telephone call straight through without problems. A threat could arise within the government itself, that only Osborn would be able to provide information for. I dunno, like I said I'm not gonna try and write it. It's about the only way I can see Osborn realistically escaping when he's cryogenically frozen.

I would love to see the Goblin be brought back. But how would he brought back? He was frozen in Ultimate 6. The only way I see Norman being used in this arc is as flash backs. Unless Harry finds a way to bring Norman back.

SHIELD could use Norman like they did Harry, you know...? I think what they were trying to do is bring them together, anyway, so it could be an option, right?

Goodwill said:
SHIELD could use Norman like they did Harry, you know...? I think what they were trying to do is bring them together, anyway, so it could be an option, right?

I hope you are right.

Me too... It would be the easiest and most legitimate way to bring Norman back... That is, if Harry really is convinced that his father is dead.

There hasn't been a cover released for 76, which is probably why you're tripping up. I'm pretty sure that it is going to be released the same month as 75.

The best place to check is on midtowncomics.com. They'll put it up the Saturday before it's scheduled release date. That is, if they recieve it, which they always do.

Goodwill said:
What are you talking about, the covers? That's pretty damn sexy the way that works...
Yes, the covers. Since a lot of comic shops get one copy of the comics that'll come out the following week a head of time, I guess they scan it in.

Baxter said:
I really want there to be a mystery here. The only real problem I've had with Ultimate Spider-man so far is that villian wise we've been coddled a bit. Pretty much everything laid out and with some extremly final endings, not allowing for retuns. I mean face it, we're not seeing Ultimate Doc Ock, The Lizard, or even Norman Osborn again soon. Short of Venom, The Kingpin, and Black Cat most of them were run though. I'd like to see a little more long term action out of someone, and with The Hobgoblins 616 past he'd be a perfect choice.

When there's a will, there's a way. If Bendis or any other writer would want a villain to return, they can always find a way to get them back no matter how impossible the circumstances are. I was surprised in Ultimate Six that they decided to give Doc Ock a psychic link with his tentacles, there are many other ways to get around.

Also, being in the Ultimate Universe, it had to make sense that any super-powered villains captured have to be placed in highly secure prisons considering the level of destruction and mayhem they could cause. It's a great thing that SHIELD is really competent in the Ultimate Universe and has the ability to defeat virtually every super-human threat they encounter. It really makes sense that a billion-dollar, well-trained and well-armed organization can do better in taking down super villains then a scrappy hero like they often do in other comic books and TV shows.

BTW, I'm curious in how they're going to bring back Doc Ock and Green Goblin considering their current circumstances. Kraven, Sandman, and Electro are also just dumb-assed thugs, so it's doubtful that they can get out of SHIELD unless it's from outside forces. Lizard is permanently part of Dr. Conners' DNA (and that's why Curt has nightmares about him in Ultimate Carnage)so he could easily come back if the writer wants to. Considering he's now in prison and jobless, the crap he's in could no doubt act as a catalyst for the Lizard's return.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
The best place to check is on midtowncomics.com. They'll put it up the Saturday before it's scheduled release date. That is, if they recieve it, which they always do.

yeah, i wonder if the name of the issue will be "hobgoblin : part 1" or something like that...

Latest posts

Back