Hobgoblin Primer

thank you captain obvious!!!

Guijllons said:
Hold on. Is harry coming back as the hobgoblin? I thought in the 616 harry was the second green goblin and some other guy was hobgoblin?

its not certain that harry is going to be the ult hobgoblin, but its pretty blatant that he is the leading candidate so far, based on rumors, ult six, and solicits for the arc thus far, it would be no surprise if it was the son of norman osborn.

cmdrjanjalani said:
BTW, I'm curious in how they're going to bring back Doc Ock and Green Goblin considering their current circumstances. Kraven, Sandman, and Electro are also just dumb-assed thugs, so it's doubtful that they can get out of SHIELD unless it's from outside forces. Lizard is permanently part of Dr. Conners' DNA (and that's why Curt has nightmares about him in Ultimate Carnage)so he could easily come back if the writer wants to. Considering he's now in prison and jobless, the crap he's in could no doubt act as a catalyst for the Lizard's return.

Honestly I'm really looking forward to the Lizards return... I can't believe they haven't used him yet besides the Teamup which I think they know a lot of people haven't read... possibly, maybe, anyway.... I think they're actually saving the Lizard because he's a popular contender for the SpiderMan 3 movie and they're gonna want to coincide sorta, kinda... :twisted:

And I want it to be Harry I don't care how predictable it is there are two goblins (hopefully no DemoGoblin) but just the two and I don't want to see anyone else filling in the legacy besides the Osbornes I think it makes for a very good story a lot better than having some pyschiatrist or anyone else for that matter be the hob.

the last stand pt 1

TheManWithoutFear said:
Honestly I'm really looking forward to the Lizards return... I can't believe they haven't used him yet besides the Teamup which I think they know a lot of people haven't read... possibly, maybe, anyway.... I think they're actually saving the Lizard because he's a popular contender for the SpiderMan 3 movie and they're gonna want to coincide sorta, kinda... :twisted:

And I want it to be Harry I don't care how predictable it is there are two goblins (hopefully no DemoGoblin) but just the two and I don't want to see anyone else filling in the legacy besides the Osbornes I think it makes for a very good story a lot better than having some pyschiatrist or anyone else for that matter be the hob.

and then what.....what more is there to do with harry once he loses to spidey how much more story can you propell then??? well.... we will just have to see how good this pans out....if the hobgoblin arc isnt good, im no longer reading ult spidey, and sad to say, ill be gone from this board....(cross your fingers) those who hate me get your party hats out!!

The Captain said:
and then what.....what more is there to do with harry once he loses to spidey how much more story can you propell then??? well.... we will just have to see how good this pans out....if the hobgoblin arc isnt good, im no longer reading ult spidey, and sad to say, ill be gone from this board....(cross your fingers) those who hate me get your party hats out!!

I'm still up for a big Goblin V Goblin fight where Harry dies at the end.

And that's another character that Bendis can cross off his list...

TheManWithoutFear said:

Does anyone else think SHIELD would have picked up the guy who a) is an illegal genetic mutation, and b) created sentient life out of Spiderman's DNA and the Venom suit? They probably wouldnt even imprison him, they'd put him in a room with the other Top SHIELD scientists to try to think up new Supersoldiers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them when Ultimates 2 ends, and the Ultimates become more of a force in the other comics (especially when Peter turns 18, remember that Bendis had 616 spidey join the New Avengers). They'll be down at the very least two top scientists, Hank Pym (who quit), and Banner (who they think is dead), and Fury's going to be pulling some strings.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Does anyone else think SHIELD would have picked up the guy who a) is an illegal genetic mutation, and b) created sentient life out of Spiderman's DNA and the Venom suit? They probably wouldnt even imprison him, they'd put him in a room with the other Top SHIELD scientists to try to think up new Supersoldiers.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them when Ultimates 2 ends, and the Ultimates become more of a force in the other comics (especially when Peter turns 18, remember that Bendis had 616 spidey join the New Avengers). They'll be down at the very least two top scientists, Hank Pym (who quit), and Banner (who they think is dead), and Fury's going to be pulling some strings.

Do you mean use Connors?

I don't think that SHIELD has a file on Conners because he hasn't turned into the Lizard in a while and they couldn't get him the first time for whatever reason. I wouldn't want to see him working for SHIELD anyway.

Goodwill said:
I wouldn't want to see him working for SHIELD anyway.

Why not?

He's clearly a fairly respected scientsit (I&AGM aside) and he works for Stark, somewhere you would think would serve as a prime recruiting ground for SHIELD so why wouldn't you like him there

Connors clearly doesn't want to be the Lizard so SHIELD could barter his services for their help in developing a suppressant or as part of a "you work for us and we don't arrest you" deal. Its clearly feasible plot wise so its got to be a personal reason really? I'm just wondering what it is

Caduceus said:
Why not?

He's clearly a fairly respected scientsit (I&AGM aside) and he works for Stark, somewhere you would think would serve as a prime recruiting ground for SHIELD so why wouldn't you like him there

Connors clearly doesn't want to be the Lizard so SHIELD could barter his services for their help in developing a suppressant or as part of a "you work for us and we don't arrest you" deal. Its clearly feasible plot wise so its got to be a personal reason really? I'm just wondering what it is

well seeing how well working with a transforming beast schizo worked for SHIELD the first time ... hell why not... :roll:

TheManWithoutFear said:
well seeing how well working with a transforming beast schizo worked for SHIELD the first time ... hell why not... :roll:

:D

Hehehe. Lizards not quite Hulk level but hey, who knows..

Well, MWOF, he's killed many people that people are complaining of. Beast, Gwen... And he's also lcokde away many people which makes it hard to use them again... Unless the Triskelion is attacked...

ProjectX2 said:
Well, MWOF, he's killed many people that people are complaining of. Beast, Gwen... And he's also lcokde away many people which makes it hard to use them again... Unless the Triskelion is attacked...

The Triskelions prisoners will probably make their escape at the end of Millars run with them... Goblins and Magneto included... (thought I'd like to see Mystique bust Mags out)

Latest posts

Back