House of M series discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
He's not.

I am so glad I missed that one. :sick:

OK, sorry about that - let's get back to the main HoM series.

Claremont is behind this all. He sparked the flame that is now House of NB.

The more I think about it, the more I can't help but see the parallels between House of M and Ultimate Six. Both were decent enough until the ending, which makes you say, "That's it?"

UltimateE said:
I'm trying to decide what I thought about this series. I definitely didn't hate it, but the ending was kind of...anticlimatic.

As for #8 - I'm not even sure what the point of this issue was. It didn't clear anything up, really. And frankly the explanation for why some mutants still had powers was pretty weak, and I didn't like how off-handed-like it was talked about.

Not being able to say where people are, and having that Hawkeye dummy up like that - that's not something you put in the last issue of a series. It's cheap. If Bendis's writing isn't strong enough to be able to tell a complete story in the number of issues he had, then add issues. But finish the friggin' story. :roll:

The art, however, has been fantastic. I really like Coipel. There was a shot of MJ parker early in the book that just looked great. He's not flashy and you can see some of his influences, but it still stands out well.

Overall it was an OK read. But it was incomplete. $24 for a story that didn't have an ending. :?
I have to disagree now that I read the issue. I think this is a perfect story to NOT have the ending I think you're talking about (I could be misreading). This is something you cant just finish off like that, and it would take lots of time, and many issues for different characters.

The ending was very "Matrix:Revolution"-ish...

It had a complete open ending prompting questions and theories.......so it had an ending....just not the one everyone was expecting.

I re-read the issue and decided that I do like it----just not as much as Issue#7. Now I have to follow this stuff just so I can see how this will play out.

Bass said:
Exactly. You say a "beginning" feel as if they're starting a new chapter in 616, but really what they've done is not end any previous stories and the beginning you mention is actually nothing more than plot holes to allow them to change their minds in a few months. It's a ****ing soap opera.

HACKS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Those muther ****ing ****ing pieces of ****ing **** eating donkey raping ****s.

Wow i was going to post something big but Bass already did it for me :lol: It's exactly what i think.
And i would add "Monkey sex lovers" but that just my hate of Bendis and Powers kicking in...

I think just tying up subplots in one big gulp is just bad. I mean what really gets tied up in life? Keep it moving, keep it spread throughout the MU and if people want to know about it have them read about it in appropriate titles. I'd like to know what happened to Xavier too but I can see him totally be missing by the end of all of this. I can see Hawkeye looking for revenge and a big question mark to what exactly happened to all the mutants.

So it took eight issues plus countless miniseries to get to this final conclusion? That thousands of mutants would lose their powers? Wow. Good going, Bendis.

yourock.jpg

If you guys really think that this kind of story can be wrapped up in a certain number of issues like that, you really don't think.

icemastertron said:
If you guys really think that this kind of story can be wrapped up in a certain number of issues like that, you really don't think.

A well written story is complete from beginning to finish and doesn't leave anything open. A good sequel works around that.

UltimateE said:
A well written story is complete from beginning to finish and doesn't leave anything open. A good sequel works around that.

its an "event", not a story. Btw how many comic stories has that definition ever applied to?The very idea of the "Marvel Universe" circumvents it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, that one.

See what happens when you have to spend the entire day waiting for 3 phone calls and the plumber? You have LOTS of time to find things on the internet.

Far too much time, in fact.

That's from this article about Paul Jenkins' GENERATION M at The Pulse.

Latest posts

Back