House of M series discussion (spoilers)

House of M took a few very bold steps which I thought was cool...but many were wasted. Particularly - Iceman losing his powers, Wolverine remembering everything (the subsequent stories should have been way better than they were), and the remaining mutants...way too many.
Iceman never lost his powers. He subconsiouly turned them off.

Neither House of M nor Civil War are bad stories, but neither lived up to the ridiculous hype.

House of M took a few very bold steps which I thought was cool...but many were wasted. Particularly - Iceman losing his powers, Wolverine remembering everything (the subsequent stories should have been way better than they were), and the remaining mutants...way too many.
I agree, wolverine's memories have been a mystery for 30 years this should be a pivital moment in Marvel history. This should be the best damn Wolverine story. But its not, marvel really dropped the ball, they should be hyping this and not civil war

Wolverine regaining his memory should have been treated as a major event.

Personally, I think they should have made Wolverine: Origins a story of his forgotten memories not him resolving issues that arose in his past.

Wolverine regaining his memory should have been treated as a major event.

Personally, I think they should have made Wolverine: Origins a story of his forgotten memories not him resolving issues that arose in his past.

See, that's what I thought it was going to be. but all you get are flashbacks and resolution. Not even resolution.

So I reread this last night (the core story not the awful tie-ins). I don't know why I decided to do it.....I just did.

Anyways....I'm gonna be honest here. Take away the hype and promises of "changing the Marvel universe".....and it's damn good mini.

Yeah. There I said it. I liked House of M. Largely in part due to the art. Me likey. Come to think of it.....I recently re-read Civil War too. I liked HoM better.

That is all.

TOG and Proj ain't the only dead thread bumpers. :p

Exactly. House of M was mountains better than CW.

The best scene is still when Magento confronts Pietro about what he has done.

I agree with Wolverine's story could of been MUCH better. But I like how they handled him regaining his memories. A huge event built around would be stupid. And if they did that you all would complain about it. I swear some of you people just find reasons to hate something. Damn nay-sayers.

Last edited:

I agree with Wolverine's story could of been MUCH better. But I like how they handled him regaining his memories. A huge event built around would be stupid. And if they did that you all would complain about it. I swear some of you people just find reasons to hate something. Damn nay-sayers.

dweeb.

I thought it was cool for wolvie to jump off the flying ship. Why would you have sex with mystique. That must have been wierd for rogue and nightcrawler.

House of M wasn't even readable. Civil War was way better.

They were both stupid.

So, I read the Avengers issues of Disassembled tonight and I'll be reading House of M this afternoon. I haven't read it since it came out and I didn't like it much at all then, but I'll give it another chance in one sitting this time.

After that I'll read Civil War and Infinite Crisis, two other books I've never read in one sitting. I won't be reading any of the tie-ins though. So we'll see how these all hold up standing on their own without the wait between issues. Stay tuned.

So, as promised, I read this today all in one sitting. It took about an hour for all eight issues. It's not the densest read.

But, all in one sitting, it was about a million times better than every two weeks (wasn't it?). The story moved better, it was able to build the drama and keep it intense. And Coipel was mostly great, although a little sketchy in parts.

There was almost no resolution, though. Unlike Civil War, which had a definitive ending, House Of M was left more open. Sure, these big events are supposed to set up stuff in the universe, but they should also have some closure. This book had none. The mutants are gone, Wanda's gone, the mutant energy is out there. . . the end.

But mostly I was fairly impressed with it. I think I have to read more Bendis is chunks like this. I loved USM when I was getting the trades, but when I switched over to the single issues (46) I started enjoying it less. I don't know. Probably still sucks.

But HoM was overall pretty impressive.

I was a fan of House of M from the start.

Still, Civil War as an event was better. It's done more to change the Marvel universe than HoM did. The only major things that came out of HoM was "No more mutants" and Wolverine getting his memories back.

How come the Fantastic Four weren't invited to the initial meeting? First of all, Reed Richards is probably the best non-evil scientist on the planet. Second of all, a being of unfathomable power and no self control who it would be emotionally devastating to kill, but who you must for the sake of the universe? I'm sure the Fantastic Four would have no idea what that's like. :roll: And then Wanda ****s them over even though they weren't even there. Real nice, Maximoff.

How come the Fantastic Four weren't invited to the initial meeting? First of all, Reed Richards is probably the best non-evil scientist on the planet. Second of all, a being of unfathomable power and no self control who it would be emotionally devastating to kill, but who you must for the sake of the universe? I'm sure the Fantastic Four would have no idea what that's like. :roll: And then Wanda ****s them over even though they weren't even there. Real nice, Maximoff.

doom was the leader of the frighful four. the rest I believe died in the accident that originally gave them powers. only ben survived and was called the it.

doom was the leader of the frighful four. the rest I believe died in the accident that originally gave them powers. only ben survived and was called the it.

Actually, Johnny was part of some crazy sapien gladiator Gundam fight club with Tony Stark. Also, it was implied that they're weren't killed in the original accident. Emma Frost (in the main series) said she was counseling "the Richards boy" or something whose parents were dead astronauts. How pathetic is it that I knew that from memory?

Actually, Johnny was part of some crazy sapien gladiator Gundam fight club with Tony Stark. Also, it was implied that they're weren't killed in the original accident. Emma Frost (in the main series) said she was counseling "the Richards boy" or something whose parents were dead astronauts. How pathetic is it that I knew that from memory?

well, yeah he's alive, i just referred to the original F4.

Latest posts

Back