House of M series discussion (spoilers)

Interesting that the "new" costume looks a lot more like the one from Ultimates (which I thoroughly prefer). Though when did he learn to fly fast enough to keep up with jets?

And, I dunno, I've been a fan of the character a long time, through bad writers and good. I like the idea of a "regular" human, getting by on hard-earned skill and sneakiness alone, in the middle of the super-powered. His "death" in Disassembled was just one of many things I didn't like about that story, but the idea that he was just killed off to be brought back quickly just makes it worse, somehow. Had Hawkeye been brought back by another writer (Busiek, Nicieza), I probably would have cheered - as it is, the whole thing just leaves me saying "huh?"

icemastertron said:
. "As soon as he died, we started cooking a way to bring him back and I could not wait for this day. He's back, he's got a fist full of arrows and he is not happy." [/I]
If all he wanted to do was bring him back, them why kill him in the first place? I mean if you're that big a fan of the character wouldn't you want to write him? Sounds to me like Bendis killed Hawkeye, then started scrambling for a way to return him because everyone was pissed.

It makes no friggin sense to me.

I'm going to go against popular opinion: I like the Pulse one better than the others. And I love Hawkeye's new costume.

Buzzscope gives preview of House of M #4

Buzzcope.com is offering a three page preview of House of M #4, as well as the cover and variant cover.

From the original solicitation:

HOUSE OF M #4
COVER BY: Esad Ribic
WRITER: Brian Michael Bendis
PENCILS: Olivier Coipel
INKS: Tim Townsend

THE STORY: The fate of the entire world rests on the shoulders of one young girl, the newest of new mutants, Layla Miller. She is about to become the most important person in the Marvel Universe and this is her first appearance.Starring the entire Marvel Universe.
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99

PRICE: $2.99
IN STORES: 07-20-2005

Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks for posting.

I like this an extra amount to make up for Bass.

He's back :D

The castle Magnus bit was interesting.....does it seem to anyone else that Mags isn't happy with his new world?Or maybe just how it came about?

Johnny Bravo said:
He's back :D

The castle Magnus bit was interesting.....does it seem to anyone else that Mags isn't happy with his new world?Or maybe just how it came about?
I'd imagine he's feeling guilty as hell right now and I really doubt that his daughter is still in good health. There's a lot on his mind. He's the tragic hero of the HoM.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd imagine he's feeling guilty as hell right now and I really doubt that his daughter is still in good health. There's a lot on his mind. He's the tragic hero of the HoM.

I agree. What isn't so obvious is his intentions - was he doing this solely for himself (which is why he would be this so-called king of the world) or is it an attempt to make the world a better place (which would be why he "let" everyone have their dreams come true).

Of course I don't expect this to be answered until HoM #8.

Okay, I admit, I don't read X-Men (well, actually, I read Astonishing X-Men 1-10 this weekend, but that doesn't count) - when the heck did Magneto begin to show ANY sign of affection for his children? I've read all of Avengers, from #1 on up, and every time he shows up OTHER than #503, the relationship between the "family" is never anything other than ugly. Well, except when Pietro lost his mind and went over to the other side, but he "got better" and came back.

Rhyo said:
Okay, I admit, I don't read X-Men (well, actually, I read Astonishing X-Men 1-10 this weekend, but that doesn't count) - when the heck did Magneto begin to show ANY sign of affection for his children? I've read all of Avengers, from #1 on up, and every time he shows up OTHER than #503, the relationship between the "family" is never anything other than ugly. Well, except when Pietro lost his mind and went over to the other side, but he "got better" and came back.
Read Excalibur, the last two arcs. Its explained there.

Goodwill said:
That cover with Hawkeye shooting up Wolverine is delicious... Tell me, Cad, that that's a bad cover.
I'll tell you its just ugly instead of the eye-burning pieces of steaming garbage that Ribic has produced before.

OK, I'm being dramatic. Its better certainly and I almost, almost like it. But not quite.

We'll just use the existing covers thread to discuss the issue itself.

Good issue. I'm wondering who brought back Hawkeye, since it couldn't have been Hawkeye wanting to come back. Wanda seems like the obvious choice. This could be a huge plot point or a minor one not worth getting into...we'll see.

I also found it interesting that Wanda is a sapien. First thought is that this is Magneto's doing. If they are getting everything they ever wanted, perhaps he safeguarded the new world by wishing Wanda to not have her powers so she could never reverse it all.

And we finally see Layla - very interesting. Certainly enough there to support the "Xavier reborn" theory (I don't remember who's that was).

Latest posts

Back