House of M series discussion (spoilers)

Baxter said:
I know its not actualy shorter, but you know, when you look at 3 panels without any dialogue you tend to blow through issues.
Oh, I know. I wasnt saying it was actually shorter. But yeah, with the splash pages you tend to read them quick. I think one of Ellis's issues' I read in like a minute. :lol:

UltimateE said:
Ice! You disappoint me! :wink: It was indeed Sentry - interesting that he has a son. Hopefully it wasn't just a cameo for the sake of having a cameo.

Decent issue - it was well used in showing what is going on in the new universe. Hopefully that's enough of that though. Let's get into the storyline.
Wasn't the tie in issues supposed to be for all the world exploration? We could have just had the bitswith The Sentry, Hank and Henry, and then gone to Wolverine.

UltimateE said:
Ice! You disappoint me! :wink: It was indeed Sentry - interesting that he has a son. Hopefully it wasn't just a cameo for the sake of having a cameo.
I'm sorry. With reading that the all of the X-Men were gonna be shown (Damn solits! *raises fist*), I quickly thought it was Iceman (who's name is also Robert. Just the X-Man in me.... :cry:

Baxter said:
Wasn't the tie in issues supposed to be for all the world exploration? We could have just had the bitswith The Sentry, Hank and Henry, and then gone to Wolverine.

Yeah, I think those are meant to get more story out of established plot points. I don't think he overdid it at all...as long as there's not much more of it in upcoming issues.

Good issue.

Didn't Pym isolate mutant genes for his PYM Particles in 616? Maybe he wants to do the same thing here. Loved the whole Gambit/Danvers dance. Damn you Bendis Luke Cage works in Queens not Hell's Kitchen... That was the biggest let down I was ready for some Matt Murdock... :(

Lookin' forward to the rest.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good issue.

Didn't Pym isolate mutant genes for his PYM Particles in 616? Maybe he wants to do the same thing here. Loved the whole Gambit/Danvers dance. Damn you Bendis Luke Cage works in Queens not Hell's Kitchen... That was the biggest let down I was ready for some Matt Murdock... :(

Lookin' forward to the rest.

I think Mr Bendis knows..... :D

I thought this issue was great,the Colossus scene just nailed the character.In fact all the characters were nailed.And one last thing-we've finally got the M.House Of Magnus.

The issue really didn't get me too hyped, aside from a couple scenes. I could've done without most of the book. The Collosos one page thing while true could have been easily infered by anyone who has read X-men for a year. The Storm and Black panther idea in Africa is in no way original [see: Earth X], plus I don't know why Storm has to have those protruding boobs. Luke Cage's haircut is such a bad black man cliche that I couldn't help but laugh.

Things that grabbed me: The Sentry scene, will the void appear in HOM? that has me interested. Nothing jumps out to keep reading except that and the wolverine sub-plot.

i think that it was a really good issue to help set the mood for our house of m...i'm just hoping that issue 3 will bring us some solid action...i'm still on the fence for spider-man house of m #1

Okay, I'm staying in copenhagen one night before I will go to Sweden, and in a cool store called "Fantask" where a guy called "Marvel Morten" ( DK answer to Cop'o joe ) works I got the first 2 "House of M" issues. WOW! This is great, I just loved it. Great work there Marvel ! :D

I'd like to speculate or throw (IMO) what would be a cool way to end this mini...Since the speculation thread got closed I'll just do it here.

Bendis said he's done killing off people but this is going to change the MU forever. How would you guys feel if...
Wolverine ends up killing Scarlet Witch to revert everything back to normal and Magneto/Quicksilver kill Wolverine?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd like to speculate or throw (IMO) what would be a cool way to end this mini...Since the speculation thread got closed I'll just do it here.

Bendis said he's done killing off people but this is going to change the MU forever. How would you guys feel if...
Wolverine ends up killing Scarlet Witch to revert everything back to normal and Magneto/Quicksilver kill Wolverine?
I'd like to see how people would react to that! The comic characters that is. Wouldn't surprise me. With Wolvie, it can go either way, whether he does it or not.

TheManWithoutFear said:
fan reaction would be the best.
That's true. But if that were to occur, the reaction could cause so much tension and hate, i'd make reading the aftermath even better.

Nice thinkin MWF.........
And Mags has come pretty damn close before....
but I can't see that character being offed with
X3 and the Wolverine movie in the works.
Doesn't make sense from a business point of view. I can see the mini ending that way except for the second death.Excellent idea though.

Johnny Bravo said:
but I can't see that character being offed with
X3 and the Wolverine movie in the works.
Doesn't make sense from a business point of view. I can see the mini ending that way except for the second death.Excellent idea though.
I don't see how the
movie
matters with the comic.
Specially since we don't know if Scarlet is actually gonna be in X3.

icemastertron said:
I don't see how the
movie
matters with the comic.
Specially since we don't know if Scarlet is actually gonna be in X3.

I wasn't talking about her Ice. :D

Latest posts

Back