Re: How I Met Your Mother (discussion)

Just re-watched the season finale on cbs.com.

Damn my love for this show cannot grow anymore. It's just so....legendary.

I'm not normally a fan of getting TV shows on DVD. Aside from my Adult Swim stuff and Bruce Timm collection----I can only think of like 2 shows that I own on DVD.

Keen Eddie and How I Met Your Mother.

And I watch this repeatedly. It's just as awesome each time. Plus....alcoholic tootsie roll drinks are pretty awesome.

One day I'm gonna make a Thankstini just to see what it taste like.

AWESOMENESS!!!!

I totally bought the Season 1 DVD set today. Now I can get my brother to watch them all, and then the same thing when Season 2 comes to DVD.

I love it when they run reruns.

I missed like the first half of the second season. So when they ran reruns that I haven't seen it's like a treat. Like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day. Or free lapdance. Take your pick.

Last night was the first time I saw Barney's brother.

:shock:

Why can't I find a wingman like that? I'm always "The Barney" to everyone's Ted. Why can't I find someone as awesome as Barney or his brother. And now I can use the "Haaaaaaaaave you met...me?" line. :rockon:

I love this show.

Wayne was awesome in that show

and it preludes to Ted and Robin's breakup, as they are at the wedding in a year, and willing to party late into the night

Wayne was awesome in that show

and it preludes to Ted and Robin's breakup, as they are at the wedding in a year, and willing to party late into the night

I'm of sound mind that Wayne Brady is awesome......even when he "Mantans" it up for the white folks.

Here are some thoughts I had while watching season 1 on DVD:

• The Slutty pumpkin girl will actually appear for once sometime during one of the future seasons.
  • Victoria will come back again for another few episodes.
  • If not before then, we will actually find out what Barney does during the final episode.

I think I had something else, but I forgot.

Here are some thoughts I had while watching season 1 on DVD:

• The Slutty pumpkin girl will actually appear for once sometime during one of the future seasons.
  • Victoria will come back again for another few episodes.
  • If not before then, we will actually find out what Barney does during the final episode.

I think I had something else, but I forgot.

I doubt any of those things will happen. I say this because:

Slutty Pumpkin - Obviously a riff on The Great Pumpkin from Charlie Brown. I doubt they'll revisit that joke again. Although another Halloween episode would be awesome.

Victoria - I don't think so because when we last left her she was in Germany. I don't think she's gonna come back for Ted....especially considering how they broke up.

Barney's Job - We'll never learn what he does because it's an ongoing joke. Much like how we never found out what Tommy's job was on "Martin".

I'd love to see a dream episode where Ted actually takes the place of Barney.....or just starts acting like him.

Slutty Pumpkin - Obviously a riff on The Great Pumpkin from Charlie Brown. I doubt they'll revisit that joke again. Although another Halloween episode would be awesome.
Maybe not, but you'll never know.

Victoria - I don't think so because when we last left her she was in Germany. I don't think she's gonna come back for Ted....especially considering how they broke up.
I'm not saying she comes back for him nor that they'll get together briefly once more, just that she could make another appearance in the show.

Barney's Job - We'll never learn what he does because it's an ongoing joke. Much like how we never found out what Tommy's job was on "Martin".
You never know. It could be on a note where they reveal it and everyone goes, "Ohhhhh." with smiles and all that, and it'd be funny.

I'd love to see a dream episode where Ted actually takes the place of Barney.....or just starts acting like him.
That would be awesome.

Yeah...I googled her after I saw the show. Choice.

I think its the whole smile and cupcakes deal.

I'm watching the first season all the way through as preparation for WWP.

Wizard world will most definitely be.......

LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!

So my wife and I are somewhat obsessed with TV on DVD. We recently hit a rut, and rather than watch Friends for the 5th time, do another mad Buffy/Angel run, or haul out our Smallville or Gilmore Girls collections, I decided to play Russian Roulette with Blockbuster's TV on DVD section and rent a show I'd never seen before.

That decision was LEGENDARY!

My new favorite Sit-com of all time! We just finished disc one of the first season and are hooked!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back