Re: How I Met Your Mother (discussion)

****ing Right People!

Seriously....Season 1 is on DVD. Season 2 just finished and is airing reruns on Mondays.....but it'll be on DVD probably around August. Season 3 should start with the rest of the CBS premieres.

Watch the ****ing show! Become obsessed with it like the rest of us. I mean look who's vouching for the show!

I so cannot sing the praises of this show enough.

So I watched the third and fourth episodes of this after seeing the first two at Philly and it is so far every bit as good as everyone here says it is.

I need some "My younger sister is getting married and I'm almost 30" Sex.

It's about time Joe. When I demanded that you go back to Chicago and watch the rest of the season....it wasn't a polite request. It was a formal demand.

But at least you got on the ball......

It's about time Joe. When I demanded that you go back to Chicago and watch the rest of the season....it wasn't a polite request. It was a formal demand.

But at least you got on the ball......

Word. And I'm bringing in another non-seer, Sacred&Profane, to learn the ways that is How I Met your Mother.

It's like a Holy Quest for us. We promise to only get a moderate amount of rest while we spread the Gospel of HIMYM.

This page on TV Tropes has a number of very fascinating and/or humorous fan theories on television shows. They had one theory on How I Met Your Mother that, disturbingly, makes a lot of sense:
Their mother has been dead for years. If your father started telling a long, rambling story about how he met your mother you'd expect your mother to be present too, and make her own comments. In the series, she's nowhere to be seen. Therefore she's dead, and it's the residual grief that's keeping the children from bolting. They don't seem too upset, so she can't have died recently. This also allows Ted to finally reunite with Robin, in a touching graveyard scene in the final episode.

This page on TV Tropes has a number of very fascinating and/or humorous fan theories on television shows. They had one theory on How I Met Your Mother that, disturbingly, makes a lot of sense:

For creepily romantic story....it sure is funny.

But oddly enough, it makes a lot of sense. Why isn't the mother there? Why haven't the kids bolted even though their father is obviously rambling? Why would he focus the story so much on Robin if he didn't truly love her?

There's more questions....but their theory makes sense.

And despite the show being one of the funniest things on TV....when it comes to the cheesy romance dept---they're pretty on top of their game. Marshall sitting in the rain or Ted finding Victoria anyone? So it's pretty safe to say that if they were to do that graveyard thing they mentioned...it would totally fit within the context of the show.

Seriously people....if you're reading this post because you just like to read everything mentioned on this site and you're not watching this show.....you're in the wrong. It's just so good. Everyone who's checked this show out has loved it. Can we all be wrong?

Or maybe we don't see the mother because it might hint towards who it is? Watch. At the very last episode, she'll come in. Likely with a batch of cookies.

I watched a few more episodes of this the last couple days and I'm pretty sure I'll just buy the DVD tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back