IRON MAN 3 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Iron Man 3?

• Total voters
New armor suuuuucks

sooooo much yellow blech

I get the look they're going for using composite style materials to give it a spacecraft kinda feel/look but its gross

The new armour is the first thing about his movie I don't like. Too much yellow is right - it's like he's fallen into a pool of mustard.

ProjectX2 said:
The new armour is the first thing about his movie I don't like. Too much yellow is right - it's like he's fallen into a pool of mustard.

New super hero movie is coming out... Commence discussion:

Step 1: excitedly make predictions based on conjecture and hearsay

Step 2: when details start coming out, complain about the costume

Step 3: "That trailer was awesome!!! But the costume still sucks."

Step 4: watch the movie. Result: mixed reviews, but majority agrees, the costume sucks.

The end

But yeah, the suit looks terrible.

I love mustard, ergo, I love the new armor.

I don't mind the armor. It's probably not going to be the new standard armor but just something he wears for a bit. And depending on the environment it's used on film it might look good. Love Mandarin was confirmed. I think this is shaping up pretty nicely.

DIrishB said:
Thats not as bad as the 3 frame preview of the next Star Trek film JJ Abrams pulled. Though still ridiculous.

That's was done to be ridiculous on purpose though. I found that kind of funny. This is actual marketing.

Ultimate Houde said:
Giant bunny!

I noticed that too!

What is that tattoo on the back of Mandarin's neck? It kind of looks like Captain America's shield. I assume it's just some other sort of bullseye symbol.

I noticed that too!

What is that tattoo on the back of Mandarin's neck? It kind of looks like Captain America's shield. I assume it's just some other sort of bullseye symbol.

Its supposedly is either the Cap shield emblem, or the Cap shield emblem with, instead of the star in the middle, an A suggestive of Anarchy or possibly even the Avengers (though I'm not sure how that one makes any sense at this point). We'll probably have to wait for the film's release to see it elaborated on.

This link gives a better view and offers up possibilities relating to the tattoo

Great trailer, though, certainly has me excited. Much darker and more serious tone than the previous two movies had, least in terms of the trailer. Also liked the nod to continuity and the events in Avengers as giving Tony problems sleeping, though hope thats the extent of the Avengers mentions. I don't want this to fall into the same trap IM2 did (having way too many mentions of the "bigger universe" resulting in some rightly criticizing that movie as a 2 hour ad for Avengers). Its cool to keep a sense of continuity, but each film should still stand on its own.

Still, I have faith in Shane Black. Just rewatched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the other day, and the dialogue in that movie is fantastic, and with a pretty decent take and satire of detective movies. I think he'll make this potentially the best of the three IM movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back