Is Thor Crazy?

Do you think Thor is crazy?

• Total voters
SeAcoW said:
Also in 616 Thor was 4-real. Noway they are gonna chance SOOO much in the UU
In 616, Vision wasn't an alien robot sent to warn the earth about Galactus. I think that they would risk Thor being human and a nutter.

And why would marvel then put op a poll and inculde Ultimate Thor ? If his origin isn't more then just a few years back, noway they could make a mini with him

SeAcoW said:
And why would marvel then put op a poll and inculde Ultimate Thor ? If his origin isn't more then just a few years back, noway they could make a mini with him
No reason for it to be an origin story. And besides, Thor was in a psychiatric hospital, we know that for a fact. How he got there, his visions, how he found out/concluded that he was a god.. that sounds all very interesting to me.

Last edited:
SeAcoW said:

Marvel's polls sometimes don't even have the correct answer in their options. I can't remember what it is but a few weeks back they had a poll and the comic came out and revealed the answer. It wasn't even an option in the poll.

Loki has to be real. How would an hullucination know about the traitor.....

Is Thor for real, the actual god of thunder from the Norse religion?
Yes, and Loki is screwing with reality
Yes, and it's all in Thorleif's head

I still say the answer to both can be yes. Are Thorleif and Gunnar brothers, born on this earth to human parents? Yes, I think so. Are Thorleif and Gunnar also the modern avatars or representations of the eternal struggle between Thor and Loki, of the Norse pantheon? Yeah, I think that's true, too.

Rhyo said:
Is Thor for real, the actual god of thunder from the Norse religion?
Yes, and Loki is screwing with reality
Yes, and it's all in Thorleif's head

I still say the answer to both can be yes. Are Thorleif and Gunnar brothers, born on this earth to human parents? Yes, I think so. Are Thorleif and Gunnar also the modern avatars or representations of the eternal struggle between Thor and Loki, of the Norse pantheon? Yeah, I think that's true, too.
I love that idea. It makes a lot of sense.

And I voted that Thor and Loki are real, of course.

Thor is a god and as such he is beyond human understanding.

You know when I read Thor's fight with the Ultimates, I kept thinking back to that issue of the Avengers where 616 Thor reveals he's far more powerful than the rest of the team believed, but he held back not to make them feel bad.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Go read the Loki Manifesto. I have proved all.

*majestic exit*

*angel choir sings*

Thor, as known from ancient norse texts, had powers that were given to him through the armor he wore. In order to use Mjonlir, he had to have the gauntlets, and inorder for the magic of the gauntlets to work, he had to have the girdle, which combined with his breast plate, gave him powers over the weather (Mjonlir helped in that department as well). Thor himself had little power over lightning and such without those things.

Now we have Ultimate Thor. The most powerful being in Ultimate Marvel as of yet (I am willing to bet that Ultimate Silver Surfer and Ultimate Galactus will be slightly more powerful). He is on a mission to save humanity from itself.

Now according to Thor, his father, Odin gave him this assignment, because in Norse Mythology, Thor was the protector of humans. Now Also according to Ult. Thor, his father sent him in carnite. Which means he was born of a mortal mother to recieve his human body (very much like Jesus).

Now let's say you're a twelve/thirteen year old kid, and you recieve a vision of something from asguard saying that you are the norse god of thunder and you need to save the world. Ah-ha! Here is your nervous breakdown. Under serious pressure to save the world and you 'breakdown'. Now you are released from the hospital and you figure to save the world, you need to go into the medical profession. Here's where Thor becomes a nurse.

Now how exactly his heavenly weapons were given to him, we don't really know. But they were and now Lokli escapes and realises that his sworn enemy is on a mission. Now to foil Thor's plans. In order to do so he wouldn't do it outright he'd go for help. And maybe, oh I don't know... someone whoes head looks like a red skull would want to take out the rest of the team but Thor is too strong so Loki gets the rest of 'em to lock Thor away with out his weapons and oh guess what? Now the Red Skull can complete his task of destroying the Ultimates, like he so desired. Loki is happy, RS is happy. Se where I'm going with this?

ProjectX2 said:
*nods head*

No.

Loki got rid of Thor (whoes story adds up for me) so Red Skull and any other Ultimate Master of Evil or Ultimade Hydra people can get rid of the Ultimates. Basically Loki and Red Skull are in leauge with each other.

Seldes posted some very interesting information about Thor as he relates to real Norse mythology, and part of that was just like you said - he needed the belt to lift Mjonlir and use his "powers".

Now I wonder if Millar is counting on people to know that (or find it out) for the final act of this story...

UltimateE said:
Seldes posted some very interesting information about Thor as he relates to real Norse mythology, and part of that was just like you said - he needed the belt to lift Mjonlir and use his "powers".

Now I wonder if Millar is counting on people to know that (or find it out) for the final act of this story...

Exactly. The real Thor (as real as a mythological diety can get) was also 'suit' based when it came to his poers. How many people know this? Thor still fits the description for the Norse god of Thunder.

Thor...God or Nutcase?

Well, with Ultimates 2 coming to a close (very slowly though), we're still left wondering if Thor is or isn't a God. Is he truly the Norse God of Thunder, or just a delusional headcase? Or is there something else at work we don't know about? I wanted to get a poll going to see what everyone thought. So go ahead and vote.

Re: Thor...God or Nutcase?

I voted nuts, though I'm a bit on the fence.

The thing is, he is currently stuck inside a holding cell. His powers have indeed been neutralized by the removal of his harness and hammer.

So what are we supposed to think? That he really is a god, but a powerless one relying technology?

Of course, there is that bit about teleporting the megabomb at the end of volume 1... But then again, we know that there are other dimensions in UU, whether there are gods or not.

Re: Thor...God or Nutcase?

We really do have a thread for this already.

But my opinion is that Thor is a god. But that doesn't mean that his powers (flight, lightning etc.) are derived from being a god. Who says that gods can do that **** anyway? He's a guy with a scary hammer that has just a little bit more responsibility than most.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back