I've changed my mind about Stuart Immonen...

E

Excelsior Club
...now I think he's great and I really like his style.

At first I thought it was just because I really like Nextwave, but I realized that I like his Ultimate X-Men stuff now too. Except for when he made Wolverine look like Michael Jackson, but I can excuse that.

He's an artist you need to get use to.

Plus, he needs a story that fits into his style. UXM really wasn't it, while the nonsensical nature of Nextwave was.

At first I thought it was just because I really like Nextwave, but I realized that I like his Ultimate X-Men stuff now too. Except for when he made Wolverine look like Michael Jackson, but I can excuse that.
I haven't read Nextwave, but I've always liked Immonen's work in the Ultimate line.
Yeah I like him. Bacholo's style grew on me too.
I have a love/hate relationship with Bachalo's art. Some pages look great. Some I can't even tell what's going on. It's kind of aggravating.

I can't see that ever happening.

I'm with E on disliking Bachalo. He has talent, he just tries too hard. Makes it almost impossible to decypher whats happening in the panel because everything is so damn stylized.

And I'm indifferent to Immonen. I can't even remember his UXM art, though I think it was with BKV...

Well if he drew that creepy Apocalypse mannequin that Goodwill used as an avatar, he gets my approval.

I love his art. He's one of my favourite artists.

Yeah I like him. Bacholo's style grew on me too.
No. No no no no no no no no no, if you cannot even tell what is supposed to be happening on a page, it's not good art. If you cannot differentiate from one random bundle of spikes that doesn't look like any particular character from another random bundle of spikes that kind of looks like a torture instrument, it's not good art. In short, I have yet to see a single piece of Bacchalo art that didn't suck worse than an inappropriate sucking thing. That sucked and was wrong and bad at everything.

Traitor. I can tolerate him on Nextwave but on anything with a single element of seriousness, he makes me nauseous. Nearly as bad as the Bacchalo.

Traitor. I can tolerate him on Nextwave but on anything with a single element of seriousness, he makes me nauseous. Nearly as bad as the Bacchalo.

Noooo...few things are as bad as teh Bacchalo. Teh Liefeld is worse, and teh JRJR is definitely up there, but at least Immonen's work is readable and is right proportionately.

Noooo...few things are as bad as teh Bacchalo. Teh Liefeld is worse, and teh JRJR is definitely up there, but at least Immonen's work is readable and is right proportionately.

I really don't understand this hate twords JRJR. It boggles my tiny little mind.

Immonen is actualy pretty versitile. I could dig up some stuff and you'd never know it was by the same guy. His UXM was a little under-detailed, but all around he's a decent artist.

Meh, Immonen can be good, it depends on the comic book and writer. He is not suitable for all types of story.
I think JRJR and Bachalo are worst then Liefeld.
Yes I said it and ill not unsay it.
People will make fun of me and beat me, but i think they are worst then Liefeld, and I'll get the first Onslaught reborn.

Meh, Immonen can be good, it depends on the comic book and writer. He is not suitable for all types of story.
I think JRJR and Bachalo are worst then Liefeld.
Yes I said it and ill not unsay it.
People will make fun of me and beat me, but i think they are worst then Liefeld, and I'll get the first Onslaught reborn.

:shock:

:sure:

:|

I mean Bachalo...okay. Its confusing stuff. But JRJR? Have you ever read a book he's on? I really don't get this atall. Someone explain why.

Welcome to the club man! 'Bout time you came aboard. I mean this is the man that gave up Ultimate Goat Legs! :rockon:

He's an artist you need to get use to.

Plus, he needs a story that fits into his style. UXM really wasn't it, while the nonsensical nature of Nextwave was.

True. Without the right story....an artist's work just sits there. I mean imagine UXM being drawn by Alex Ross. It might be awesome.....but it just wouldn't fit.

I can't see that ever happening.

Ditto. I'm barely tolerating him on X-Men right now.

I haven't read Nextwave......

You need to. Like now!

I can tolerate him on Nextwave but on anything with a single element of seriousness, he makes me nauseous. Nearly as bad as the Bacchalo.

Only the Liefeld is as bad as the Bacchalo.

But like Bax says below.....Immonen is actually very versatile. Just check out his "Superman: Secret Identity". Serious story with a completely different look from Immonen.

superman_si_06.jpg

SID1_17.jpg

Surely you jest...

Oh he jests....

I really don't understand this hate twords JRJR. It boggles my tiny little mind.

I think it's JRJR's very retro look.

Immonen is actualy pretty versitile. I could dig up some stuff and you'd never know it was by the same guy. His UXM was a little under-detailed, but all around he's a decent artist.

HELLS YEAH! His Marvel work seems to be very vibrant and cartoonish as opposed to some of his other stuff.

I like just the right amount of detail in my art. Immonen isn't detailed enough. Ironically I don't like Greg Land, though. My problem with him is that everyone looks like they were traced out of an issue of Maxim magazine.

Latest posts

Back