I've changed my mind about Stuart Immonen...

I think it's JRJR's very retro look.

Not for me - I love the retro. Coipel is fantastic - he has a very retro style. I also loved loved loved DC New Frontier.

JRJR just isn't good.

I actually like his UFF/UXM/Nextwave stuff more than his Superman and DC stuff. It's more fresh and vibrant, which I like.

Not for me - I love the retro. Coipel is fantastic - he has a very retro style. I also loved loved loved DC New Frontier.

JRJR just isn't good.

Coipel is awesome! It might take a while to get used to his panel ordering since they're a little dynamic. But damn is he good.

I actually like his UFF/UXM/Nextwave stuff more than his Superman and DC stuff. It's more fresh and vibrant, which I like.

I could go either way.

Wait----that came out wrong. :oops:

In short, I have yet to see a single piece of Bacchalo art that didn't suck worse than an inappropriate sucking thing.
Obviously you haven't read "Death: The High Cost of Living".
coffee.gif

Traitor. I can tolerate him on Nextwave but on anything with a single element of seriousness, he makes me nauseous. Nearly as bad as the Bacchalo.
You're so wrong that it hurts.
Oh hells no

Liefield draws unproptioned people?

Surely you jest...
:shock: Unproportioned?!

Sometimes I'm reading a Liefeld book and I think I'm looking at a photograph.
I really don't understand this hate twords JRJR. It boggles my tiny little mind.
Me too. I think he has a great, classic style.
Meh, Immonen can be good, it depends on the comic book and writer. He is not suitable for all types of story.
I think JRJR and Bachalo are worst then Liefeld.
Yes I said it and ill not unsay it.
People will make fun of me and beat me, but i think they are worst then Liefeld, and I'll get the first Onslaught reborn.
*places Stupid Helmet on UQ's head*
I like just the right amount of detail in my art. Immonen isn't detailed enough. Ironically I don't like Greg Land, though. My problem with him is that everyone looks like they were traced out of an issue of Maxim magazine.
Ugh. Land is Teh SuxXxorzz.
Coipel is awesome! It might take a while to get used to his panel ordering since they're a little dynamic. But damn is he good.

I could go either way.

Wait----that came out wrong. :oops:
Oh, I think it came out just right.

Wait a second...

I can't read a comic with Liefeld art. Same goes for early Image Comics Jim Lee... The art's too liney and the muscles are too bulgy and everyone looks like a grumpy lesbian.

Obviously you haven't read "Death: The High Cost of Living".
coffee.gif

I actually have that book (stolen from someone, but oh well), and I didn't think it was that good. Definetly not representative of Gaimans abilities (it was him that wrote it, right?)

Although reading that made my jaw drop when I realized Bachalo CAN do intelligible art, he just chooses not to.

Well I liked Immonen's UXM work but sometimes I just can't stand the way he makes the chin stand 5 inches infront of a character's face or when he gives normal characters a humongous brow. It looks like a caveman or something, but that Superman artwork is awesome man.

Land is great and what is so bad that many girls look like they came from a Maxim magazine? I bet you wish you could do that, and I know I do. All hail Land!

Well I liked Immonen's UXM work but sometimes I just can't stand the way he makes the chin stand 5 inches infront of a character's face or when he gives normal characters a humongous brow. It looks like a caveman or something, but that Superman artwork is awesome man.

Land is great and what is so bad that many girls look like they came from a Maxim magazine? I bet you wish you could do that, and I know I do. All hail Land!
Like I said, Land is teh suxXxorzz.

He can't draw motion. Not at all. His characters are all stiff and frozen. They look like ****ing cardboard cutouts.

He can't draw motion. Not at all. His characters are all stiff and frozen. They look like ****ing cardboard cutouts.

Now that, I will have to agree, is true. Don't try to confuse me moonmaster, I will never go to your Land-hating side.

*Cut's stupid helmet in half and give half to Moonie*
Land's motion is almost the same as Hitch's.

Last edited:
*Cut's stupid helmet in half and give half to Moonie*
Land's motion is almost the same as Hitch's.

No. I have to agree with Mooney. Its some beautiful poses, but thats all it is. It hink he's best suited for Cover work over interiors. cLemmie see if I can dig up the Land face page....

Eh. Im sure someone'll post it.

I like how a majority of Marvel artists used to work for CrossGen. Stuart Immonen, Brandon Peterson, Steve McNiven, Greg Land and Jimmy Cheung come to mind.

No. I have to agree with Mooney. Its some beautiful poses, but thats all it is. It hink he's best suited for Cover work over interiors. cLemmie see if I can dig up the Land face page....

Eh. Im sure someone'll post it.

Most of the "hyper realist" artist have the same way of expressing motion. I still think they both have the same way of doing it.

I really like Land, but his characters are really stiff in a way thats not like Hitch's.

Hitch just seems more fluid, and his characters seem more relaxed and natural.

I love Land's work, but I agree with the "stiffness" criticism.

Hmm... That second link is actually kind of convincing.

I still like Land though. Hes on time, and his art is pretty. I don't care if its swiped, thats for someone else to worry about (like the original artist!).

If people want to find something they will. I mean, ok that he took the photo guy and put it in the comic. But the others are just simple action poses. Everyone does them. Everyone. Hey let's sue everyone that made that Superman holding Supergirl and screaming in a cover (even though they were not the first.)
I still think he is good (not THAT good) and on time. But I think if people are going to hate him, they should see the others as well. I mean take one guy from the second link, he is all "Photography is art too and he is copying someone else's art." Ultimate Nick Fury by Hitch, hello? Everything Alex Ross does?

Latest posts

Back