Jay Leno blows

Well my feeling there was that Conan is the one guy who can bring the Tonight Show back to it's former glory, if it weren't for the NBC execs screwing it up

Right. Conan was great because he didn't try to be Johnny Carson or Jay Leno. He respected teh desk but made his own thing of it. It wasn't Teri Hatcher talking about bull**** followed by Everclear - that was Jay Leno. To make a comment like that shows Cracked doesn't have any idea what they are talking about and/or didn't watch Conan. Conan was right when he said on his last show that he did it his way - he did his own show. When you do something different like that you need time to let it build an audience - not only was he not allowed that time, but on top of that they gave him no lead-in whatsoever.

The last show was beautiful. Neil Young did a solo acoustic version of "Long May You Run" and Will Farrell lead a supergroup of Beck, Billy Gibbons, Ben Harper, Conan, and Max & the band in a 7-minute long version of "Free Bird". Conan gave a great speech in which he whole-heartedly thanked NBC, his staff, and his fans, and he even got a little choked up.

It's really sad to see it end and it's even sadder to have it end with him being treated like he was, but I'm excited to see what he does next.

Leno will be on Oprah's show tomorrow. Hilarious because they are good friends and she'll do nothing but lob softballs at him. But still probably worth a watch.

I guess everyone has moved on from this. It's not surprising, really. The Internet is full of poseurs who take up a cause they know nothing about. If half the people who expressed shock and outrage about his firing had just watched him in the first place none of this would have happened.

I watched the Leno on Oprah show and it was very interesting. And Leno made a lot of good points - the two biggest being that (assuming you believe the story of him being offered the Tonight Show only after Conan decided to leave and that Leno did not directly orchestrate Conan's leaving) duh - OF COURSE he would take the Tonight Show back when offered and there's no reason for him to feel guilty about being offered the job once Conan decided to leave.

But the reason Leno is a douche in the highest regard is because he twists his logic in order to exonerate NBC, and becomes a complete puppet because of it. He said a number of times that this is business and if you can't deliver the ratings, there's always someone waiting in the wings, and that's why NBC had to make a change. He conveniently forgets to mention that a) 7 months is not very much time to get into a groove and build a following (ESPECIALLY considering Leno had a couple of YEARS to build his) and, more importantly, b) a huge part of Conan's down ratings was his epically, historically, and extraordinary poor lead-in - that is, The Jay Leno Show. No affiliates were complaining about Conan, contrary to Leno's claims -- they were complaining about Leno because his crappy ratings were KILLING the NBC affiliates' 11 PM newscasts (which, as I've mentioned, is were the affiliates make a huge portion of their money because they can sell ALL of the commercials). No one disputes that Conan's ratings were bad, but to suggest that it was his fault alone is ludicrous and to give his job to the guy who had the most to do with that is asinine.

Leno is such a tool. I wish this country was smart enough to not watch him when he comes back to 11:30 but unfortunately I don't' think that will be the case.

Apparently Fox is trying to hammer out a deal to put Conan on a new late night type show after his 7 month no-hosting period ends

If he goes to Fox I'm done with him

DON'T DO IT COCO YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS

Apparently Fox is trying to hammer out a deal to put Conan on a new late night type show after his 7 month no-hosting period ends

If he goes to Fox I'm done with him

DON'T DO IT COCO YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS

It's not like it's Fox News or anything.

I think Conan O'Brien and Ricky Gervais should work together on something.

I also think it's funny how Conan wasn't good enough to keep on the air but his reruns are good enough to be aired for 3+ weeks.

Would you prefer Carlos Mencia reruns or Robin Williams late-night specials?

I would prefer seeing Conan tie Mencia, Williams, Leno, Barry Bonds, and Avril Lavigne to railroad tracks.

I've always said I'd like to see all of those people hit by a bus over a cliff.

Wait, do you want them suspended in the air and then have someone to drive the bus into them, or do you want the bus to knock them over the cliff?

Wait, do you want them suspended in the air and then have someone to drive the bus into them, or do you want the bus to knock them over the cliff?

I want the bus to knock them over the cliff. But I also want the bus to hit them so hard that they're nothing but pieces.

I want the bus to knock them over the cliff. But I also want the bus to hit them so hard that they're nothing but pieces.

what if Conan tied them to the tracks of the unfinished bridge over the canyon from Back to the Future 3?

Best of both worlds.

I really don't understand the Leno hate. TV's a business and a cut-throat one at that. I don't think you should blame him for acting in his own interest throughout all of this. I mean I feel bad for Conan, he did get the shaft, but the way I see it NBC is to blame not Leno.

Latest posts

Back