JLA series discussion (spoilers)

It was good.

I really liked the conversation between the "Big Three" on picking the heroes, even though it got almost nowhere.

The art was great, I love the way the entire book was done.

I really got into the Red Tornado arc and can't wait to see how it progresses.

Overall I give it a......

4.75/5

Anyone planning on getting Meltzer's novel that was sampled at the end of the issue?

One of the best issues I picked up this week.....

Benes' art worked perfectly here.

Meltzer's writing felt.......smooth. Ya know? Like instead of characters having lines.....it felt more like a conversation. I liked that.

4/5

Last edited:
I liked this issue. Meltzer is perfect for this book. And the art, beautiful.

While not as much was covered as last issue (especially with the big three), each story signifigantly progressed. I'm starting to see Red Tornado as a cool character now. I also thought the conversation between Hal, Roy, and Dinah was very meaningful, it showed that the JLA can be a full-functioning, agreeable team again.

And.......... Tons of Tornados!!!

4.25/5

Last edited:
Having Hal, Roy, and Dinah almost gaurentee in my mind that Green Arrow is going to stay a presence in the book... His ex, his best friend, and his surrogate son... I'm betting that with every drop of pride in Ollie right now is a tinge of Jealousy...

I hope its addressed. Meltzer writes a fantastic Olliver Queen (I wish he'd do another arc on the Green Arrow title).

The thing I didn't understand was when the Big Three were about to vote for Ollie. Didn't they already choose Roy???:?

I like that one of the sidekicks is finally graduating from the Titans. The new members I do like are Black Lightning (all but confirmed), Red Tornado, and Hal and Dinah. I'm not sure right now with Vixen, but I think she'll become a huge factor in the team. The best part was Red Arrow (They're calling him that now) and Power Girl are now up to the level of their mentors. All Meltzer needs to do is get one of the Flashes on the team (he is adding another member) and it'll be just fine.

Having Hal, Roy, and Dinah almost gaurentee in my mind that Green Arrow is going to stay a presence in the book... His ex, his best friend, and his surrogate son... I'm betting that with every drop of pride in Ollie right now is a tinge of Jealousy...

I hope its addressed. Meltzer writes a fantastic Olliver Queen (I wish he'd do another arc on the Green Arrow title).

That's why I started to pick up Green Arrow was Meltzer's writing of him in Identity Crisis.

I agree with Ollie going to be in the book a lot. I love how the team is shaping up. Did anybody catch the title of the book.

"Tornado-Red/Tornado-Blue"

DC fans should get that right off...:lol:

Wow, the second issue was almost as good as the first.
It starts out with Ivo and his mysterious benfactor dissecting Red Tornado. We then cut to Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman pouring over candidates for the new team. Meanwhile Green Lantern, Black Canary and Arsenal are looking for who stole R.T.'s body. Back at the bar Vixen was at her attackers are revieled as the Bomb Squad (Elctrocutioner and Plastique) We see a cool fight scene where Vixen shows off her powers and Plastique steal her animal totem. Black Lightning is still tracking down leads and asks the Cavalier (don't know who that is) who's taking these guys. BL is led to a building where villains get their powers neutralized. We see more of RT living the human life and he takes off to look for his body. I'M still not sure where he got his costume from though since his body was his costume. We cut back to Clark, Bruce and Diana. Bruce suggests the female Dr. Light as a message and Superman suggests Booster Gold, they both get shot down. While Batman answers a call Superman and Wonder Woman vote on whether Batman's in or out. Black Lightning then figures out that the person taking powers away temporarily is the Parasite. while they talk Trident and Dr. Impossible go to get Parasite. RT has a moment with his wife before he goes and GL, Black Canary and Arsenal make it to Ivo's hideout. Arsenal and Gl argue about target practice. They then find out that Ivo's found his immortality and he releases dozens of multi-colored Red Tornado robots at them.

5/5

Issue was great. the best part was Green Lantern and Arsenal's interaction with each other. The Vixen fight scene was put ogether well and I like Black Lightning's interaction with all of the super villains. I did think that the hero selection is going on pretty far now and Meltzer should rap it up. Oh and Benes was amazing on this issue.

I love this team on JLA.

This blows anything other JLA story out of the water.

Even Morrison's run. That was crap just compared to these 3 issues.

And I flipped the page on my computer and got a nice view of Canary's *** all over my screen. :drooling:

Does anybody else think that Ivo is making a new Amazo that looks more like Red Tornado?

You know, Brad Meltzer is finally making a good AMAZO story. AMAZO has had the greatest character potential out of any JLA villain and he has always fallen short. Another great concept is the one about supervillains dealing their powers to other villains for money. Psycho Pirate using his emotion controlling as a drug and Parasite supplying power suppresion are great ideas. Black Lightning is now becoming my favorite JLA'r.
5/5 for number 3.

Awesome issue.
Canary, Red Arrow and Green Lantern fight Mr. Impossible, Eletrocutioner, Plastique and Ivo. They fight and Ivo say something about thirteen trully immortals. They go to Red Tornado body and shut it down from the main computer, but something goes wrong and Amazo wakes up, he beats everyone and disapears. Red Tornado appears soon after and get punched in the face by Solomon Grundy, the head behind it all, he is smart again (what it seems) and he wants a new body "I'm sick and tired of dying".
I was right about the JSA preview, the next member of JLA is Geoforce.
I just don't know what I fell about Solomon Grundy smart. I trust Meltzer so I'm just gonna have to wait.

4.5/5 Not as emotional as the others, but freaking good nonetheless.

Edit: Oh yeah, Amazo showed the powers of Flash, Superman and Batman. He drained the energy from the ring too.

Last edited:
Solomon Grundy being the mastermind behind all of this confuses me. We'll see what happens.

Grundy!? Now that is new.

I love this book. The art is amazing and the story is really top notch stuff.

I new that would be the new Amazo.

I think I now know who the new secret member is that Meltzer was talking about, Geo-Force. Another great issue from Meltzer and Benes. This is shaping up to be just as good as Morrison's revamp.

Solomon Grundy is smart
:shock:

I don't have any problem with Grundy being intelligent...it depends on what kind of intelligence. If he's smart in knowing the square root of pi, then that's stupid. But if he's smart in knowing how the world works, then that's awesome. It's a hit-and-miss.

Grundy has been smart before.

Every time he dies and is resurrected he operates different parts of his brain, sometimes he's angry, sometime's he's just stupid, and sometimes he can speak articulately and remember his past before he was killed at Murder Swamp.

Latest posts

Back