JLA series discussion (spoilers)

The Red Tornado/Amazo story that started this series was terrible, I can't believe they're already doing it again. And Benes is such a terrible artist.

This book is so ungood.

How ungood is it?

It's so ungood that when I read the solicitation for the issue, I thought "Man. This book is going to be terrible". Then I actually read the issue, and I realized it doesn't deserve a legitimate adjective.

This book is so ungood.

How ungood is it?

It's so ungood that when I read the solicitation for the issue, I thought "Man. This book is going to be terrible". Then I actually read the issue, and I realized it doesn't deserve a legitimate adjective.

I liked last issue, though. I'm just bored to death of Red Tornado and Amazo.

I liked last issue, though. I'm just bored to death of Red Tornado and Amazo.

Agreed.

Was the last issue the Wonder Woman/Flash team-up? Because if so, I agree that was pretty good. Other than that, I've been pretty damn unimpressed with McDuffie's run... but I feel like that might have more to do with editorial mandate than his chops as a writer.

Agreed.

Was the last issue the Wonder Woman/Flash team-up? Because if so, I agree that was pretty good. Other than that, I've been pretty damn unimpressed with McDuffie's run... but I feel like that might have more to do with editorial mandate than his chops as a writer.

Last issue was the Final Crisis prelude with Human Flame.

Last issue was the Final Crisis prelude with Human Flame.

Oh yeah! See, I think that issue is perfectly indicative of my problems with JLA so far.

It's well written, particularly the dialogue between the Trinity (although I'm not perfectly sure I buy the argument that they aren't being demeaning by having their own VIP Room in the JLA Secret Clubhouse), but it's not really a story in and of itself. It's like, "Here's a bad guy! Read Final Crisis to find out more!". That's the problem that's plagued JLA since McDuffie's taken over, and now that this blah issue about Red Tornado has come out, I'm a little worried that now that he can tell his own story, I'm not going to find it all that entertaining. I am excited to see Vixen and Animal Man team up, even if the "Vixen's new powers" storyline doesn't thrill me.

But I'm curious to see where the next plot is going to go. From what we know of upcoming plots, McDuffie's JLA is kind of reminding me of Morrison's JLA.

I don't see the tie-in problem with McDuffie's JLA that others do. He started off with the Injustice Gang story, which didn't tie-in to anything, then he did the Tangent tie-in, then Alan Burnett actually took over for a few issues, then when McDuffie came back he did the Wonder Woman/Flash one-off, then 21 tied into Final Crisis, now he seems to be doing his own thing for the foreeable future.

So that's only two tie-ins in a year, and I think the second one was really good.

I don't see the tie-in problem with McDuffie's JLA that others do. He started off with the Injustice Gang story, which didn't tie-in to anything, then he did the Tangent tie-in, then Alan Burnett actually took over for a few issues, then when McDuffie came back he did the Wonder Woman/Flash one-off, then 21 tied into Final Crisis, now he seems to be doing his own thing for the foreeable future.

So that's only two tie-ins in a year, and I think the second one was really good.

The Injustice league story was kinda a lead in to Salvation Run.

Eh... The Final Crisis tie-in wasn't bad, but it also wasn't a story.

I thought the Unjustice Gang story was pretty terrible.

I didn't even read the last issue of that story, but I don't think it was terrible because of any tie-ins or anything.

Nah. I agree. It was just terrible because it was terrible. I'd forgotten about it entirely until you mentioned it, actually.

Last edited:
Back