JLA series discussion (spoilers)

Grundy has been smart before.

Every time he dies and is resurrected he operates different parts of his brain, sometimes he's angry, sometime's he's just stupid, and sometimes he can speak articulately and remember his past before he was killed at Murder Swamp.

And Meltzer has a hardon for him. He's written three stories and used him twice. I wonder if he'll refer to how he almost killed Arsenal/Red Arrow?

I'm just not into this at all, which is a shame. I like Meltzer and I like big casts pulling from everywhere in the DCU.

I love this team on JLA.

This blows anything other JLA story out of the water.

Even Morrison's run. That was crap just compared to these 3 issues.

I came aboard with Morrison and I left when he did too. I appreciate that the new team may be good, but there's no way they make Morrison's stuff look like crap. Oh, the rampant hyperbole of message boards...

I'm just now getting back into some titles I used to read long ago. JLA is one of them. I haven't felt the bug to check out the new line-up yet, but I'll be reading along here with interest and maybe the pull will become irresistible... :)

****ing great issue.
There are few pages showing Geo-Force and Vixen, apparently she uses the totem to control better her powers, without it she gets overwhelmed with the animal powers.
Grundy tells Hal, Canary and Harper about the Amazo and his plans, he ask them to join forces to get Amazo. The JLA finally get together (except Vixen and Geo-Force) they need to get to Amazo.
Amazo has Red Tornado's memories and go after his wife. They use a teleport to go to Tornado's house but as Red goes to the portal he is pulled by Grundy.
Next Issue, JLA vs Amazo and Red Tornado vs Grundy (it looks like at least.)

This is one of the best series ever. There isn't much books that made me care with the characters as much as this. Meltzer does a great job making readers care about the characters, some people may think that the pace of the series is too slow, but I think it's perfect and Benes' art is just freaking sweet.

4.75/5

This is one of the best series ever. There isn't much books that made me care with the characters as much as this. Meltzer does a great job making readers care about the characters, some people may think that the pace of the series is too slow, but I think it's perfect and Benes' art is just freaking sweet.

4.75/5

Fantastic writing. Fantastic Art. I wish every book was this good.

After just 5 issues I can say that JLA is one of the top quality-wise stories out right now. Meltzer's crammed so many characters into this and they all make perfect sense. The new JLA is kind of like a mix of all of the best teams DC has to offer: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, Green Lantern and Black Canary from the sattalite league, Batman, Geo-Force, Black Lightning, and Arsenal from the Outsiders, Arsenal from the Titans, Hawkgirl from the JSA, and Black Canary from the Birds of Prey.
5/5
Fantastic.

Ivo stole Vixen's totem and added it to AMAZO. Without her totem, Vixen can't control the instincts of the animals she copies. It will probably turn out that the totem will make AMAZO's abilities chanelled more directly or something and only Vixen can stop him. Vixen is the only member on this team I don't like.

Ivo stole Vixen's totem and added it to AMAZO. Without her totem, Vixen can't control the instincts of the animals she copies. It will probably turn out that the totem will make AMAZO's abilities chanelled more directly or something and only Vixen can stop him. Vixen is the only member on this team I don't like.

Ok....now I get it. I'm gonna have to go home and reread the issues again to see where I missed that part.

Aside from that confusion---this book is seriously on the "must read" list every month.

I'm just hoping that JSA is as good as well.

Ok....now I get it. I'm gonna have to go home and reread the issues again to see where I missed that part.

Aside from that confusion---this book is seriously on the "must read" list every month.

I'm just hoping that JSA is as good as well.

Dude, JSA's even better....

It is good since the beggining. Best comic out there, even though it gets late sometime, I love the pace of this story, with so many team vs mosnter or team vs team out there, this book actually tries to creat bonds, it makes you care about the character, not how awesome the battle is, but what is on the minds of the heroes fighting.
I love this book and will be really sad when Meltzer leave.

This is easy of the best things I ever read. The only complaint is that they put him back in his robot body. I liked the angle of him human now.

But I loved the throwdown with Amazo and how well the team adapted and worked together.

This is easy of the best things I ever read. The only complaint is that they put him back in his robot body. I liked the angle of him human now.

But I loved the throwdown with Amazo and how well the team adapted and worked together.

Yeah, putting him back in the robot body sucks.

This is a good series, but pales in comparison to Justice Society. As JLA always has.

So pumped for JLA/JSA crossover this year. Johns and Meltzer are my favorite wirters right now.

Wow. Issue 7 was terrible. I don't know if the pages were printed out of order or what, but it like completely fell apart at the end there. And what was with that ridiculous gatefold? Plus, Benes sucks.

But then the last panel. . . oh my God. I can't wait for this crossover. I really hope this means good things for my beloved Legion.

Yeah!! The first two pages of the scene with Lantern and Green Arrow got switched or something. I thought i got a bad issue, but then i checked a different store and they're ALL like that. WTF.

Latest posts

Back