JLA series discussion (spoilers)

It wasn't APache Chief, it was Big Horn, and he was killed in the following issue wth a promise of a journey through the astral realm with him or something that never happened

He became a forgotten plotline

Maybe it'll show up in Countdown.

Anyone read #11. It was a good stand alone and Gene Ha's art was beutiful. 2 more and then we get the Society!

Final issue of Meltzer's came out and I thought it was great. I like how we had good characterization from all of the team and I liked the J'onn/Arthur parts. I'm wondering when they'll show up (and isn't Aquaman dead?). McDuffie better blow me away with his Secret Society story, I'm looking forward to it.

I forgot about that.

How was Aquaman there if he was mutated and/or dead!?

Well at the start it was doing that whole yesterday, today, tommorow thing like it went in issue #0, which I liked as a way of capping off his run. I think Meltzer did a really good run, he got Amazo and Starro in who are two arch enemies of the league (I guess the other is injustice gang or whatever) and also a team up with the JSA and the LofSH, all the time it was pretty character driven rather than plot driven. Tornado's path is the only red tonado story I've read and it was really good. Same goes for Lightning Saga and LofSH. I enjoyed this run, It had a lot of characters that were new to me but I didn't feel at all overwhelmed by it.

But yeah I though busiek killed aquaman before OYL, maybe J'onn will find him in Checkmate, I don't read either of those titles.

Well at the start it was doing that whole yesterday, today, tommorow thing like it went in issue #0, which I liked as a way of capping off his run. I think Meltzer did a really good run, he got Amazo and Starro in who are two arch enemies of the league (I guess the other is injustice gang or whatever) and also a team up with the JSA and the LofSH, all the time it was pretty character driven rather than plot driven. Tornado's path is the only red tonado story I've read and it was really good. Same goes for Lightning Saga and LofSH. I enjoyed this run, It had a lot of characters that were new to me but I didn't feel at all overwhelmed by it.

But yeah I though busiek killed aquaman before OYL, maybe J'onn will find him in Checkmate, I don't read either of those titles.

I do. He was mutated at the start of OYL and than later died.

And J'onn has nothing to do with Checkmate.

The best issue of Meltzer's run was #11. Beautiful art, thrilling story, good dialogue. I would have liked to see more issues like that.

The best issue of Meltzer's run was #11. Beautiful art, thrilling story, good dialogue. I would have liked to see more issues like that.

I especially loved the bit where it was all upside down. But yeah it's nice that he's given a lot of dialogue to the new people like Vixen, Red Arrow and Red Tornado, even Black lightning, though I'm still struggling a little with this Geoforce character. Was he a good character in outsiders?

I especially loved the bit where it was all upside down. But yeah it's nice that he's given a lot of dialogue to the new people like Vixen, Red Arrow and Red Tornado, even Black lightning, though I'm still struggling a little with this Geoforce character. Was he a good character in outsiders?

He wasn't in Outsiders...

Man I really don't know much about the books I don't read. I thought geoforce and black lightning started off in outsiders, that was why batman was in with black lightnig and black lightning and geoforce are friends.

So they were in the original outsiders like 10 years ago. I've only read JLA,JSA, batman superman, some green lantern and green arrow, and infinite crisis stuff, and other 'events'. I've been meaning to pick up shadowpact, and some of Willingham's Robin, cuz fables is so good. I'm also thinking of reading John's teen titans and flash. And the new robin by adam beechams. I can't really be bothered to also get into outsiders, infinity inc, LofSH and all these other superteams. If you recommend me a good trade involving one of said teams I'll pick it up. and I've heard good things about checkmate, there's just far too much out there at the min and I'll wait to read things all in one go, after the concencous is that they're good.

Don't get Willingham's Robin.

Ask anyone. It's one of the worst runs in history.

Fables is awesome.

But that is not.

Shadowpact is meh.

And anything by Johns is gold.

the wedding special was sweat.

Best part was hall asking bats to pay off the strippers.

Oh and ollie not wanting strippers at his party? skrull

Latest posts

Back