JLA series discussion (spoilers)

I loved the Wedding Special except for the fact that it didnt have a ****ing wedding in it.

Well the actual wedding will be in Green Arrow/Black canary special.

They ahould have called this one ''bachelor party special''

One of my favorite moments

HAL : Okay, fine. The Strippers need their money, and I have to keep Ollie from finding out about it because ...
Batman : He doesn't want strippers at his party.
Hal : Yes. How could you possibly know that ?
Batman : I'm Batman

Days Of Vengeance was great.

Shadowpact is entertaining and bit slow sometimes. But overall it's a fun title.

Action Comics (Donner and Johns)
Detective Comics (by Dini)
Batman (Morrison)
Green Lantern (Johns) <------Especially this one.
Jonah Hex
Justice League Of America
Justice Society Of America

are the best books DC is publishing at the moment.

Checkmate, Outsiders, & Catwoman are pretty good.

Action Comics (Donner and Johns)

oh wow, that's actually Richard Donner the director of the first 2 superman films. I never knew.

I think i read a couple of issues, superman gets a son, who's actually like some bad guy's in the phantom zone's son. Then everyone gets let loose from the phantom zone.

It didn't really make too much sense to me, and I wasn't sure exactly what I had to read, the annual was really disjionted too. And that story is continued in next years annual. gah.

sorry this post is off-topic as it's all about superman, do we need to have a general DC thread?

RossMeltzerJLA.gif

Quick question. I know the new arc was supposed to start in the Wedding Special. Is that the Green Arrow/ Black Canary Special or is there just a JLA Wedding Special? I read #13 and it was good I was just lost on the Injustice League's motives. OOh and I'm pumped for the Luthor/ Superman Black Lightning fight.

Quick question. I know the new arc was supposed to start in the Wedding Special. Is that the Green Arrow/ Black Canary Special or is there just a JLA Wedding Special? I read #13 and it was good I was just lost on the Injustice League's motives. OOh and I'm pumped for the Luthor/ Superman Black Lightning fight.

I think the motive is just they're bad guys...it's not like they're pissed they got brainwashed or anything like that. I guess it's just in retaliation of the new justice league formed.

It is the JLA wedding special you want by McDuffie not the Winck Green Arrow one. It's got a brilliant scene at the start, that parallels issue #1 where joker, luthor and cheater are talking about who to recruit.

Cheater: I don't want Dr. Light he's a rapist
Joker: I like dr. light he's sunny

...funny

I think the motive is just they're bad guys...it's not like they're pissed they got brainwashed or anything like that. I guess it's just in retaliation of the new justice league formed.

It is the JLA wedding special you want by McDuffie not the Winck Green Arrow one. It's got a brilliant scene at the start, that parallels issue #1 where joker, luthor and cheater are talking about who to recruit.

Cheater: I don't want Dr. Light he's a rapist
Joker: I like dr. light he's sunny

...funny

Cool, and was it ever explained why Hal is not in the League anymore? Why can't they just give the guy a good 50 issue run with the team?

I liked the latest issue. Black Lightning actually did something. "oh I'm just the decoy am I?", and the kypronite paint in the face was something new. This isn't the best JLA story ever, but I think it's really fun. Still...just luthor trying to push all of supes buttons, and a completely unnessarily large pair of wonder womans breasts in the centre of that page with all the girls hung up.

It always strikes me whenever they get tied up, one of them usually gets free, and frees flash, who frees the rest in a nano-sceond.

The whole development with the Suicide Squad and the Prison Planet is great. I also like how this ties into Salvation Run (which is a good mini). I look forward to the conclusion. They need to start a Suicide Squad series.

I liked the Final Crisis prelude. It definitely seems that Martian Manhunter is going to die though.

The Red Tornado/Amazo story that started this series was terrible, I can't believe they're already doing it again. And Benes is such a terrible artist.

Latest posts

Back