Justice League Unlimited

Steve GMan said:
I think the "Bat-Embargo" on this show is ridiculous. There could be so many good Batman vilains to be used on the Legion of Doom, but instead, none appear.

Hopefully that matter will be resolved while the show is still on the air.

It cause they don't want to use them since theu have Bat villains on The Batman. I hear that Batman won't be on JLU anymore cause of this. Batman is the main reason I watch that show.

"I need a pickup, since I don't fly....at all."

the batman totally sucks! they should start playing JLU like they did Batman the Animated Series and Superman back in the day: all the ****ing time. it was great!

iceman said:
the batman totally sucks!

It has it's moments. For the most part I like it...but mainly for the animation. It's really smooth and quick.....especially with the action.

I also like a couple of the reimaginings of the characters. While in no way, shape, or form can The Batman's Joker compare to the old one...I do enjoy the Joker. Mostly because he's almost able to go toe-to-toe with Bats.

But they do go overboard with who can fight. The Penguin being able to do all the martial arts stuff is just wrong.

I think where they're messing up is there's no real continuous threat to Bats like the old cartoon had. When Bane came on the scene...he was trumping Batman left and right. In this one...Bats get beat up once and he shows up with some kinda Giant Batman style Iron Man suit? Come on....

It's hit or miss with them....

iceman said:
they should start playing JLU like they did Batman the Animated Series and Superman back in the day: all the ****ing time. it was great!

I know The WB won't do this.....but ABC Family's Jetix would be perfect for this idea. That way they can stop showing nothing but Power Rangers and Kong. Holy Jeebuses!!! :shock:

Victor Von Doom said:
In this one...Bats get beat up once and he shows up with some kinda Giant Batman style Iron Man suit? Come on...

Old Bruce Wayne did that in an episode of Batman Beyond. He had to go save Terry, and once the suit equipped, the old Batman: The Animated Series music started playing. It was awesome.

What was the topic again?

I saw Epilogue this morning. It was awesome. The only thing bad was it should have been the Batman Beyond finale, instead of the JLU one.

I hope Cartoon Network continues with the next episodes, instead of showing reruns.

thee great one said:
It cause they don't want to use them since theu have Bat villains on The Batman. I hear that Batman won't be on JLU anymore cause of this. Batman is the main reason I watch that show.

"I need a pickup, since I don't fly....at all."

Same here.:rockon:

ProjectX2 said:
I saw Epilogue this morning. It was awesome. The only thing bad was it should have been the Batman Beyond finale, instead of the JLU one.

When they were writing Epilogue, they thought JLU was cancelled, so it was written to be the finale for the entire Bruce Timm DC Animated Universe.

The last shot in the episode was Batman's winged shadow soaring across the skyscrapers in Gotham, which bookends the very first shot in the first episode of B:TAS, "On Leather Wings", but flying in the opposite direction.

The first shot ever in the DCAU

What was to be the last shot ever in the DCAU

What I hated was that the music that accompanied the very last shot was a corny electric guitar version of the Batman theme instead of the triumphant orchestral version they've always used.:x

Steve GMan said:
I think the "Bat-Embargo" on this show is ridiculous. There could be so many good Batman vilains to be used on the Legion of Doom, but instead, none appear.

Hopefully that matter will be resolved while the show is still on the air.
I mind only to the extent that it undermines the interconnectedness of the entire JLU Animated Universe, leaving Batman as the only guy without personal menaces.

But that's okay, I guess. As much as I like Batman, I think the character is well-defined enough to the masses, and within the cartoon itself that it's not too important. I root more for episodes featuring The Atom and The Question and Booster Gold since they don't have a marketable surface that producers have to worry about, which is the whole reason why the Bat-Embargo exists.

The writers get away with emphasizing Booster Gold's gloryhound nature, turning The Atom into a smart-mouthed professor (with an Ellis-like sexy assistant) and The Question into a quirky conspiracy theorist without having to worry about the marketable condition those characters in. Though, in my opinion what they've done makes the characters even MORE marketable :)

But yeah, I think the Batman show is crap. The Penguin being able to fight is like the Mole Man giving the Thing a run for his money. The voice acting offends me too.
Steve GMan said:
-Huntress: "I'm not even in the Justice League anymore. You're lucky to have me along."
-Question: "Hardly. You're drawn to my eccentric charm."
Green Arrow: "Does everything have a sinister motive in your world?"
Question: "Yours too. You just don't know it."

Last edited:
I hate The Batman as well. I started off liking it, but then I went off it.

The Question is the most quotable character in JLU.

ourchair said:
The writers get away with emphasizing Booster Gold's gloryhound nature, turning The Atom into a smart-mouthed professor (with an Ellis-like sexy assistant) and The Question into a quirky conspiracy theorist without having to worry about the marketable condition those characters in. Though, in my opinion what they've done makes the characters even MORE marketable :)

Very true. I really want a Question action figure. One with a pull string that informs me on the latest conspiracy theories with each tug.

ourchair said:
Green Arrow: "Does everything have a sinister motive in your world?"
Question: "Yours too. You just don't know it."

Question (singing): ...fell in love again, what am I gonna tell my friends?
*Looks at security lock on door intently*
Question (still singing): It just happened, you walked in my door. Now I don't want to be alone no more.
*Throws a potted plant through the glass door*
Question (still singing): Oops, I done it. Told you how I feel. I just hope this time that our love is real.

Last edited:
Hows this for an episode idea, on another forum someone suggusted to have Crisis of Infinite Earths. And I was thinking about it and it could work, like have the Superman from the cartoonn short be the golden age Superman (The one with a red S with a yellow outline and black background) Maybe Superboy prime could look like Wizard's ultimate Superman, maybe even have the Super Friends, now the plot wouldn't be exactly like the comics butI just think that would be cool 2-3 part episode.

Random said:
Hows this for an episode idea, on another forum someone suggusted to have Crisis of Infinite Earths. And I was thinking about it and it could work, like have the Superman from the cartoonn short be the golden age Superman (The one with a red S with a yellow outline and black background) Maybe Superboy prime could look like Wizard's ultimate Superman, maybe even have the Super Friends, now the plot wouldn't be exactly like the comics butI just think that would be cool 2-3 part episode.

I like that idea, and it could serve well as a series finale. And the Justice Lords could make a reappearance, too.

Gudge Match was the greatest thing ever. Huntress and Canary beginning their friendship. The Question makes a appearance.

"Opens ice cream bucket*
"just as I suspected, 32 flavors".

Huntress: "So what are you wearing?"
Question: "Umm blue trenchcoat."
H: "You're not very good at this."
Q:"Orange socks?"
"click"

Then the Far Away From Home with Supergirl and the LEGION. I love Supergirl. Brainiac isn't good enough for her. But I loved the little joke at the end. Grrrr.

I saw "Shadow of the Hawk" today. What a great episode. It's so cool that they've deceided to do the "real" Hawkman. I'm thrilled that Batman was one of the main characters, but from the 'scenes from next week' in the credits, it looks like he won't be in it.:cry:

Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE BATMAN!

yeah, the batman sucks. doom, the things i hate about it are the things you love. i don't like the redesigns at all. all joker should be animated series joker. period. that show pretty much got every villain, save a few, right. joker annoys me the most, with his green dreadlocks.

and surprisingly, i havent seen a single question episode of JLU. because i suck. love hte character though, and definitely would like if he was a funny guy as compared to overly dark/weird.

iceman said:
and surprisingly, i havent seen a single question episode of JLU. because i suck. love hte character though, and definitely would like if he was a funny guy as compared to overly dark/weird.
I like the fact that he's BOTH weird AND funny.

ourchair said:
I like the fact that he's BOTH weird AND funny.

When he's featured....he's easily the most memorable character. Everyone else just kinda fades away.

Hell his worst episode is still better than the time they featured Hawkman.

Planet-man said:
I saw "Shadow of the Hawk" today. What a great episode. It's so cool that they've deceided to do the "real" Hawkman. I'm thrilled that Batman was one of the main characters, but from the 'scenes from next week' in the credits, it looks like he won't be in it.:cry:

Guess what? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE BATMAN!
Thats the cure for everything

Latest posts

Back