Justice Society of America discussion (Spoilers!)

Haven't got that far, but I did like how Gog was smiling all creepy-like at first.

Have they announced a replacement?

Bill Willingham and Matt Sturges.

The only good Willingham comic I've read is Fables. I don't think I've ever read a good Matt Sturges comic.

I'm very worried.

Alright, so the new issue was awesome.

I love what Johns is doing with the Marvel family, and twisting together the Flash lightning and the Shazam lightning.

I'm kind of disappointed that this is all we get for Johns's last arc. Ordway's dated art didn't help much either.

Johns has to write a Shazam! comic now though. He must!

I'm really glad that after the last mediocre arc that the final issue was such a great finale. What an epic run Geoff Johns has had on this book. So many great characters and stories. I'll miss him.

Willingham and Sturges better not let me down. :evil:

Last issue (#27) was really good. It is a nice follow up to the last couple arcs, which were good, just not spectacular. This arc from Robinson has a cool classic retro feel to it, much the way his run on Starman did. Granted it was only 1 issue but I am looking forward to the rest of it.

Oops...looks like this arc is being done by Ordway...not Robinson. My bad. Still a promising start to the new arc tho.

Ordway is the one who wrote Power of Shazam GN and Series that came out of that. I read the first 12 issues not so long ago and it's really good - it's not always clear what's going on and i keep going back to reread parts but it's well put together.

I think Johns started using Marvel & Black Adam in JSA after that series concluded (or got cancelled). So there haven't really many 'power of shazam' writers.

only other's i can think of are Winnick and Tomasi and the mini-series they each did.

Seems strange but understandable to get Ordway back on. I don't think he's written anything for 10 years. Are there any plans to get a series out of this?

Latest posts

Back