Justice Society of America discussion (Spoilers!)

blackadam.png

YES. :D

Also, Lance is connected to Gog somehow. The same triangle with the eye symbol Lance has on his arm was on the meteor thing in Gog's flashback thing.

That is the pimpest thing ever. Is it preview art?

I'm geeked for Black Adam and Isis. I haven't really found myself caring too much about the Gog arc. Not to say that it's not well written, but I'm not a huge Kingdom Come fan. But I can't get me enough Black Adam.

It's from the latest issue.

It really is. I loved Gog looking at the birds on his shoulder. That was awesomeness personified.

GOG is curing all the JSA of thier problems.

Starman is sane, Powergirl went to Earth-2, Doc Midnight can see, Damage face is cured.

This is such a great arc.

And it is wrong to be attracted to Cyclone?

From the Annual:

jokerjsaannual.png

Badass. Love the little Watchmen hint.

All these ideas in JSA are neat.

TGO is sending me the missing issues I need to read to catch up on this series.

Against all my prejudice, I'm enjoying this series.

Damn it all to heck.

I like it. I'm reading in trades. It's not my favorite book but it's interesting enough to keep reading.

I think it's really good, and I love the way how it doesn't really start and finish as much as some of johns' other work. I mean this has pretty much been a constant story since the end of lightning saga. KC supes, gog, Earth-2 - it's all connected, and it just wouldn't work so well in trades. This is why JSA is one of the few things i'm still reading as it comes out.

So I caught up.

I really enjoyed issues 1-12, felt they were really good. Interesting enough to keep me going and reading more and more.

Then we hit the whole Gog thing. And now I'm not feeling it anymore. Everything is feeling odd to me now.

Gog is obviously screwing with the team. Dr. Midnight is no longer a good surgeon anymore, for he doesn't have his awesome sight to help him out. Power Girl is even more emotionally imbalanced because of revisiting her homeworld, and finding out she doesn't belong there either. Sandman is out for an undetermined amount of time, we have no idea how long hes being forced to sleep. And Damage is soon going to cause strife within the team between the girls.

It's so obvious to me, it hurts to read it and watch the inevitable breakdown of all the members.It's like watching a sitcom, when you know the lie the main character said at the beginning is going to bite them in the ***. It hurts to watch it happen.

And why must every superhero team fight when they met each other? The only people who were sane in that fight were Obsidian (both versions) and Star Spangled Kid.

So I caught up.

Then we hit the whole Gog thing. And now I'm not feeling it anymore. Everything is feeling odd to me now.

It's so obvious to me, it hurts to read it and watch the inevitable breakdown of all the members.It's like watching a sitcom, when you know the line the main character said at the beginning is going to bite them in the ***. It hurts to watch it happen.

I think everything you said is true. Tho I'd be interested to know your theory on what the 'line the main character at the beginning' was. Was it 'be careful what you wish for?'

There is an inevitable breakdown happening, but what isn't so predictable is how they survive this. I think this gog story is easily as good as any johns' wrote in the previous volume ('cept for maybe the degaton story - that just rules).

and now they're going to Kahndaq!

and even if the breakdowns are obvious, it's only because johns writes so well you feel you really know the characters, and he attacks them all so individually as you've pointed out above - I really think it's good writing.

Maybe it's like a lot of johns stuff that the first time you read it, you'll never see it coming but then once you know what it is you know it had to be that way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back