LittleBigPlanet

sackeroth475_screen.jpg

:shock:

I must get that, It looks awesome.

In a piece entitled "Who Owns Your Little Big Planet Creations?" GamePolitics explores the implications of the recent changes made to Sony's Terms of Use upon user generated content, particularly with regards to Little Big Planet.
Sister site GameCulture comments, "Of course, there's nothing untoward about any of that. After all, the LittleBigPlanet model encourages users to share their levels for free. The revenue we generate for Sony by building their content for them is just part of the genius of their business model. Crowdsourcing for teh win.

But how does the equation change as user-generated content becomes less a matter of remixing existing intellectual property by 'modding' a game and starts to look more like the creation of original work? What happens when the systems game developers build for us are less games than platforms for the creation of new games?
More from the link above.

As Skotti reported above, Little Big Planet is being delayed over a reference to the Qu'ran.

Now, according to Edge Online, an American Muslim leader is slamming the recall. M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D. the head of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, remarked:
Muslims cannot benefit from freedom of expression and religion and then turn around and ask that anytime their sensibilities are offended that the freedom of others be restricted... The free market allows for expression of disfavor by simply not purchasing a game that may be offensive...

[Mohammed] defended the rights of his enemies to critique him in any way even if it was offensive to his own Islamic sensibilities or respect for Koranic scripture... To demand that [the game] be withdrawn is predicated on a society which gives theocrats who wish to control speech far more value than the central principle of freedom of expression upon which the very practice and freedom of religion is based.

The fact that the music writer is a devout Muslim should highlight that at the core of this issue is not about offending 'all Muslims,' but only about freedom of expression and the free market...
More from the link here.

Muslims cannot benefit from freedom of expression and religion and then turn around and ask that anytime their sensibilities are offended that the freedom of others be restricted

That is an excellent point.

The idea of someone being offended by this is ludicrous.

Got my copy, and somehow got two Kratos codes, so anyone who hasn't preordered, and wants it, PM me.

I got my copy. I played it some tonight, it's pretty fun. I haven't created any levels yet or even customize a character as I'm trying to unlock lots of stuff.

I have been playing as Kratos. Thanks to Skotti for the code.

I played a pretty wicked Mirror's Edge level and Metal Gear Solid.

I got this today, Awesome game it really it. My Sackboy has pirate waist coat , pirate pants and a goatee he looks cool. Not created a level yet as I've only just done some of the tutorials in it. Hopefully you can repaint items later on.

But yeah great game, Anyone on here with a copy of the game want to play a game?

I made a level today. Ghostbusters themed I even have a staypuft and I made a working ecto 1 plus there's a ghost you get to trap. :lol: Not the best level out there but I like it

Last edited:
I played this with my son quite a bit over the weekend. It's a lot of fun with 2 players, fighting over stickers. We're at the wedding party level.

The music on this game is phenomenal. I tracked down "My Patch" by Jim Noir and "Get it Together" by The Go! Team...hopefully I can find some others. They really should have put out a soundtrack album for the game.

Been editing that ghostbusters level I made only to realise it didn't edit the one I put online so I had to publish the new and delete the old.

I spent a good portion of today creating a new level for anyone who plays online. I re-created or as best as I could (some liberalities had to be taken) the first level of Super Mario. Its under my names listed as "mushroom" Damn that was a lot of work

Been editing that ghostbusters level I made only to realise it didn't edit the one I put online so I had to publish the new and delete the old.

I spent a good portion of today creating a new level for anyone who plays online. I re-created or as best as I could (some liberalities had to be taken) the first level of Super Mario. Its under my names listed as "mushroom" Damn that was a lot of work

I need to try some of the online levels. When I do I'll look for this.

I have a question about stickers and costumes...if you are playing 2 player do bother players have access to the same stickers and costumes? Because my son had a few costumes that I'm pretty sure I found and vice versa. But for stickers it looked like we didn't have all the same ones. How does it work if he gets stickers and I go and play single player - will I have to go get all of the stickers that he got?

I need to try some of the online levels. When I do I'll look for this.

I have a question about stickers and costumes...if you are playing 2 player do bother players have access to the same stickers and costumes? Because my son had a few costumes that I'm pretty sure I found and vice versa. But for stickers it looked like we didn't have all the same ones. How does it work if he gets stickers and I go and play single player - will I have to go get all of the stickers that he got?

If you are using separate profiles you only have stuff you have found.

However if you pick "guest" you get full access to all of the other players things. Me and my friends use this one and we designed their sackboys and girls and saved costume using mine now we just go to guest then they can load up their costumes.

Last edited:
If you are using separate profiles you only have stuff you have found.

However if you pick "guest" you get full access to all of the other players things. Me and my friends use this one and we designed their sackboys and girls and saved costume using mine now we just go to guest then they can load up their costumes.

D'oh. Shoulda done that.

I set up his own Sackboy for him.

Latest posts

Back