Lost *spoilers*

So, what did I think? The most famous skeptic on UC?

Wouldn't you guys love to know... ;-)

I'll get this out of the way, though... I liked this season finale better than any of the season finales yet. Yes, including the flash-forward twist. DiB, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry. Start thinking about ways you can deface my subnic, pal.

Anyway...

The flashforward was obvious even if I hadn't read the spoilers. Jack's beard definitely gave that away. My older brother who hasn't followed the show watched last night and guessed it after the first "flashback". That isn't to say that it was as weak twist. As DiB said, it relied a lot on the execution of how the flashforward was handled. The one thing that made me love it so much was how they had changed Jack's character... He was becoming so stale in the third season. I mentioned earlier that, if they didn't do something with his one-sided character soon, that they might as well kill him or allow him to leave... Now, we see Jack, the hero, at his lowest... Suicidal and addicted to drugs and alcohol... In toe of his father, might I add. Also, he's become prophetical in a sense (and the beard helps this) in that he believes the island has something more to it than the real world does. He's slowly becoming a man of faith... I like that turn in his character... He's struggling now to find reason beyond science.

Also, the funeral and the obituary that he had... I suspect that they were both for Locke, who didn't get rescued and remained on the island. It makes sense to me - Locke had no loved ones and Jack would not consider himself family or friends with him... Out of a deep respect, he showed up for the viewing and because he's now attached to the island. It's still anyone's guess, though.

Ben was anOTHER interesting character this time :)lol:). His deceptive plans have been exposed even to his followers - this'll be interesting when the show returns, I'm sure... Especially with Locke's communication with Jacob. Also, at the end, where he was pleading to Jack not to make the call and for Locke to shoot him... I was certain he was one of the good guys, afterall... I thought that was funny considering everything that we knew about him all season. I'm sure that will turn into something else, too...

Which brings me to their rescue... There are a lot of details left out that I'm sure we'll go back to... With the outside world's knowledge of the island, is Ben right in saying that the inhabitants lives are at risk? I know that Jack and the rest of the survivors are lying about the events on the island and stuff, but the Others have been exposed one way or another... What does this mean for the 815ers who were allegedly dead? Where are Michael and Walt? I can't wait 'til January... ****!

Charlie dying was upsetting to say the VERY least... I thought it was a wasteful death... But it was touching and adding a very emotional ending to the show. I'm sure this will draw Claire back to the island...

Which brings me to the biggest thing. The twist will make it difficult to bring all of our favorite characters back. I'm sure many of the characters feel they are done with the island, and that what Jack feels about the island is his own thing... Not anyone elses... I can't imagine all of our favorite characters returning... ****. Also, is Kate with Sawyer in the real world now? Damn...

Anyway... ****. I don't know what else to say. MVP? Hurley. Gotta give it to him...

I'm almost convinced that Naomi and the freighter is DHARMA, coming to take back over the island. Which is why Jacob (the manifestation of the island) needs Locke to help him (which is why he kills Naomi).

The remaining Others and the Losties are going to have to team up to take out the DHARMA Initiative.

Maybe they take the freighter home. But they're definitely not getting off the island straight away.

I'm almost convinced that Naomi and the freighter is DHARMA, coming to take back over the island. Which is why Jacob (the manifestation of the island) needs Locke to help him (which is why he kills Naomi).

The remaining Others and the Losties are going to have to team up to take out the DHARMA Initiative.

Maybe they take the freighter home. But they're definitely not getting off the island straight away.

Good thinking there. I agree with this.

Yes. They're not being rescued straight away.

I didn't consider all that... I figured Jack would go back and that would be the focus of the next three seasons. I mean, the rescue will probably get explained more thoroughly, because shock value was important, but I don't think all THAT happened. We'll see, though.

I'll wager my sub-nic... If I'm wrong you can ask E to change it to anything you see fit. If you lose, well, I get to use my imagination. ;-)

Anything I want...?

Oh, I'm gonna need a few days to mull this over. Maybe I'll start a thread taking submissions. Then we'll vote...poor Goody, you have no idea what you've done to yourself.

DiB. I hate you.

I'll give my two cents tomorrow...

Next time you won't doubt me...hehehehehe.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I dont kno if this been said in here already but if it's a flash foward then why did he say bring my dad down here i bet he's more drunk than me?????????????????????

I had guessed this might b in the fututre but that line made me second guess it....then turns out I was right and i'm sittin here mind ****ed!

I'm wondering about that line as well. Maybe Jack was just uber-crazy and forgot he was dead? Not sure.

So, what did I think? The most famous skeptic on UC?

Wouldn't you guys love to know... ;-)

I'll get this out of the way, though... I liked this season finale better than any of the season finales yet. Yes, including the flash-forward twist. DiB, I owe you an apology. I'm sorry. Start thinking about ways you can deface my subnic, pal.

I'm working hard on it. ;)

I really enjoyed it, probably my favorite finale of the show. Looking forward to Season 4 (sucks it won't be until early 2008 before we see it).

Listening to Oasis' song Wonderwall makes me sad now.

If Mikhail's alive, Desmond just got himself an arch nemesis.

Hmm... I would like that.

So, my friends and I were having this debate - Where is the show going to pick up? From the island perspective or from the flash-foward perspective?

I think they'll save the flash forwards until at least mid-season before they do it again. And then maybe another taste of it at the finale, if at that. I dont think this is something to really use a lot or start right away with.

It's going to pick up from the island. Season 4's going to be a mix of flashbacks and flashforwards.

Have we had comformation on that?

I would actually love if they picked up from the flashforward and moved on from there... It would add a lot of opportunity to flesh out some of the characters that have been becoming stale.

It would add a lot of opportunity to flesh out some of the characters that have been becoming stale.

I think it has a bigger potiential to fail, unless they had flash backs to the island. The setting of a deserted island adds a lot to the style and by getting rid of it could really ruin the originality Lost has

Season Four: I think the "main" storyline will be their future, as they all realize that crappy stuff will happen to them unless they return to the island. I think all of the flashbacks will be back to their last days on the island before they are rescued, culminating in a season finale where the flashbacks to them getting rescued reveals that in the final days they discovered some very great evil living on the island, and they seal it away before getting rescued, in the present they all make it back to the island to finish the job.

Season Five: They are on the Island, fighting against this great evil force-maybe the Island itself, maybe the Dharma Initiative, maybe Jacob and Others now headed by bad-guy John Locke. Flashbacks are now free-for-all, maybe exploring their time before coming to the island, maybe exploring when they were on the island before, maybe exploring their life post-island. The series finale is the final confrontation when many escape to boats, led by Kate, watching in case the heroes fail, while a select few (Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Juliet, and Hurley) journey into the heart of the island to blow it up once and for all. Only two return-Sawyer and Hurley.

My theory: I have often heard it said that Lost is Stephen King's The Stand on an Island. I suspect that it is actually more like his novel, It.

A group of kids fight/seal away some greater evil something, but do an incomplete job. They go about their lives, trying to forget about it, and ultimately realise they must go back and fight it once and for all.

Have we had comformation on that?

I would actually love if they picked up from the flashforward and moved on from there... It would add a lot of opportunity to flesh out some of the characters that have been becoming stale.

Damon and Carlton have confirmed that there will be a Rousseau flashback, so there's at least confirmation that it won't all be flash-forwards from here on out.

They've also stated that there will be a Ben-centric episode that will deal with his relationship with Annie, but that could be either a flashback or a flashforward, so...

Then there's the fact that we still don't know why Libby was in the mental hospital with Hurley, and D&C have said that they'd really like to get ahold of Cynthia Watros again so they can wrap up that arc, and I don't really see how they can do that in a flashforward, seeing how she's currently buried on Boone Hill. (Zombie Season?)

After watching the finale again, I can safely say that it's not the best of the three finales, but it's in my top 15 episodes and it features my favorite musical cues from Michael Giacchino's soundtrack, that being the music that plays whenever the 815ers are traveling from place to place.

My grades for the season?

Episodes 1 - 6 : A-

"Stranger in a Strange Land" : C

Every other episode : A

Season Three as a whole : A

Pretty soon I may even consider this my favorite show of all time. (Right now, it's runner-up to The Simpsons.)

Can anybody find me a clip of Charlie playing "Good Vibrations" on the Looking Glass keypad? All the punks on YouTube who made music videos inspired by it cut in the real song over top of Charlie's typing.:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20vsayRcGQ0

I had looked for Charlie's death a couple of minutes ago.

After every season, I draft a few ideas of the next season. Season 3's over, and I decided to draft a Season 4/5 for the show.

Here's my ideas:

Ben explains that the people coming aren't coming to rescue them - they're coming to take back the island. He explains how they placed a plane filled with lookalikes at the bottom of an ocean, and how the rest of the world thinks Flight 815 is dead. He tells him that the DHARMA Initiative is going to kill everyone.

Ben tells Jack there's a place to hide - The Temple.

Jack decides to believe Ben and Locke's pleas, and lead the survivors to The Temple.

He radios Hurley's group, and tells them to make their way to the caves, and to secure themselves.

Desmond gets back to the beach, and as he is running through the jungle, he is attacked by a very alive Mikhail.

Desmond realises Mikhail killed Charlie, and snaps his neck.

This time, he really does die.

Desmond hears a helicopter, so he rushes back to the beach, and watches it land.

A man gets out, and the pilot suddenly notices Desmond, and screams "Hostile!"

The man gets out a gun and shoots Desmond where he stands.

Desmond collapses, and drops Charlie's Greatest Hits list.

Sayid hears the gunshots, and decides he's going to go back to the beach to check it out.

He tells Sawyer and the rest of the group to keep heading to the caves, and wait for Jack's call.

Sayid makes his way to the beach, where he sees a helicopter flying off (with Desmond's body, but Sayid doesn't know this) and another helicopter coming into land.

Sayid shoots one in the head, killing him, and takes the other one hostage.

Meanwhile, Jack and his group reach The Temple, where all the Others are waiting for them.

He then immediately prepares to go to the beach and confront the freighter people.

Ben warns him, telling him it's not wise, but Jack doesn't listen.

Kate goes with him.

Richard makes a deal with Locke: If Locke takes Richard to Jacob, Jacob will let Locke become the new leader.

The helicopter lands on the freighter at night, and Sayid emerges.

He makes his way through the ship, and reaches a small detention room.

He opens the door and finds Michael and Walt.

Jack and Kate get to the cave.

Jack tells Kate to take them all back to the Temple, and he's going to go talk to the freighter crew.

The freighter crew have built a camp on the beach.

Juliet goes with him, because she knows if she goes back to the Temple, they'll kill her.

Jack and Juliet walk onto the beach, where the freighter crew has built their own camp, and are captured.

Jack tells the man in charge he'll lead them to Ben, the one who killed all of the DHARMA team on the island, in exchange for passage home.

The man takes a group of men and Jack begins leading them to the Temple, and Juliet is left behind as insurance.

Michael explains how the freighter picked them up on the boat, and captured them.

Sayid, Michael and Walt sneak around the freighter, now mostly empty as they've all unloaded on the island.

Michael explains how the freighter picked them up on the boat, and captured them.

They find Desmond in an emergency room, and knock his doctor out.

Sayid asks what happened to Charlie, and Desmond tells him he tried to save him, but he failed.

Jack and the DHARMA crew reach the Temple, and Ben approaches them.

Ben shouts at Jack, telling him he's made a mistake - "You've opened the box!"

The DHARMA men grab Ben, and force him to his knees.

The leader puts a gun to Ben's head, and then radios the commander back on the freighter.

The commander tells the leader they don't want Ben dead yet - he knows too many of the island's secrets.

They grab him and attempt take him with him, when Locke emerges from the jungle and throws a knife at Ben.

The leader grabs Jack, knowing he's a doctor, and tells him to help Ben - or he'll kill Kate.

Meanwhile, Sayid, Desmond, Michael and Walt burst into the commander's room, and come face to face with someone Desmond recognizes.

Penny's father, Charles Widmore, is behind it all.

Jack eventually saves Ben, and Sawyer, Kate etc. turn on the DHARMA crew at The Temple.

The Losties on the freighter are captured, and the two groups initiate a swap.

The DHARMA crew go back to the beach while the Losties gather at the temple.

Locke becomes leader of The Others while Ben is taken by the DHARMA people.

Jack and Locke gather everyone together and then prepare for war.

The finale would be about The Others fighting the DHARMA crew on the beach, where nearly everyone dies, while a small group of Losties infiltrate the freighter.

They take Widmore hostage, but it's too late - he's already set off a self destruct mechanism on the ship. He doesn't want the "Hostiles" to escape.

Desmond shoots Widmore in the head, and the group escape off the ship just before it blows.

It's revealed that Desmond sent off a message to Penny's people, and the finale ends with her helicopters coming to the island.

His vision comes true, as Claire and Aaron hop aboard, among others.

Juliet and Michael die during the battle.

Walt is left to Locke, who stays on the island with the remaining Others, Hurley, Bernard, Rose and a few others.

Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Jin, Sun, Claire, Desmond etc. all go.

Season 4 ends.

Then Season 5, my final season, cuts to the future, as Jack learns that Ben's cancer had returned and he had died (Jack took him off the island for revenge, he was the one in the casket) and Sun dies giving birth, leaving Jin to look after their child (just like what happened to him).

Jack realises he's now Lost that he's off the island, and tries to contact everyone he can in order to get back to the island.

He figures out Desmond took a boat to the island, and attempts to do the same thing.

He eventually gets to the island, where he's greeted by Locke, leader of The Others and an older Walt.

I don't know what else happens, but Jack is told everything about the island - Jacob, the numbers, smoke monster etc.

And then it ends, with Jack figuring out he's no longer LOST.

Latest posts

Back