Lost *spoilers*

Thats a good idea, How close were you on the other seasons?

I don't remember much of my Season 3 one, but I think I had Desmond, Locke and Eko dying.

I remember my Season 2 one involved The Others living in the hatch and Locke having met them when the light had gone on in the hatch window. And they had told him to wait.

They then brought him into their group, because he had a good relationship with Walt.

The story involved The Others stealing kids who were "special" as a way to save the world from an oncoming apocalypse.

Both of my fictional seasons involved Christian Shepherd being revealed to be behind it all. :D

Fascinating, Proj. And thanks for the clip.

Someone on IMDb brought up that the first scene of each Season Opener is an eye-shot that introduces us to an important new character. What could it be in Season 4?

This got me thinking, what else do all the first scenes of the seasons have in common?

- Our first look at a bizarre new location that plays a crucial role that season

- A large explosion

- The person encounters a major turning point in their life

- 2 and 3 had the person listening to music, and were in a setting that at first led us to believe we were off the island

....and, that's all I got. Anybody else have anything?

In that case, I'd have Season 3 open with the eyeshot. It widens and we see a man on a bunk. He gets out, washes himself, exits his room. Walks down a narrow hallway, opens a door, and walks out onto the deck of a ship.

The shot widens, and we see he's on the freighter.

The shot widens again, and we see it's approaching the island.

Are Lost and Ugly Betty produced by the same network? If not, they may have to re-cast the role of Charles Widmore, if they decide to use the character next season. Alan Dale, the actor who played him in Desmond's flashback episodes, is now a series regular (as scheming media magnate Bradford Meade) on Ugly Betty (which -- *gasp!* -- I honestly enjoy as much as Lost, but for entirely different reasons, so I'd hate to see him leave that show unnecessarily).

In that case, I'd have Season 3 open with the eyeshot. It widens and we see a man on a bunk. He gets out, washes himself, exits his room. Walks down a narrow hallway, opens a door, and walks out onto the deck of a ship.

The shot widens, and we see he's on the freighter.

The shot widens again, and we see it's approaching the island.

But where's the big explosion?:wink:

In other news, I still can't figure out for the life of me why Charlie didn't just open the door again and leave after Desmond saw that he wouldn't be able to talk to Penny and thus wasn't in danger. The door opened outward and everything. He could've easily gotten out! GAH!!!! This is driving me crazy! That better not be Charlie's actual death. It was completely unecessary the way they did it. He better come back to life somehow, maybe related to how Mikhail keeps coming back to life.

Last edited:
Are Lost and Ugly Betty produced by the same network? If not, they may have to re-cast the role of Charles Widmore, if they decide to use the character next season. Alan Dale, the actor who played him in Desmond's flashback episodes, is now a series regular (as scheming media magnate Bradford Meade) on Ugly Betty (which -- *gasp!* -- I honestly enjoy as much as Lost, but for entirely different reasons, so I'd hate to see him leave that show unnecessarily).
Yes, Ugly Betty is on ABC as well as Lost.

But where's the big explosion?:wink:

In other news, I still can't figure out for the life of me why Charlie didn't just open the door again and leave after Desmond saw that he wouldn't be able to talk to Penny and thus wasn't in danger. The door opened outward and everything. He could've easily gotten out! GAH!!!! This is driving me crazy! That better not be Charlie's actual death. It was completely unecessary the way they did it. He better come back to life somehow, maybe related to how Mikhail keeps coming back to life.

Charlie's death was perfect, because it was his choice to die, and thus was much more noble than a simple, basic self-sacrifice. He truly believed in Desmond's visions of Clair and Aaron getting off the island after he drowned in The Looking Glass, and died to make sure the two he loved were safe.

I loved it.

Charlie's death was perfect, because it was his choice to die, and thus was much more noble than a simple, basic self-sacrifice. He truly believed in Desmond's visions of Clair and Aaron getting off the island after he drowned in The Looking Glass, and died to make sure the two he loved were safe.

I loved it.
And it mirrors the "live together/die alone" theme that has been a part of the series, from the very beginning.

Charlie, Claire, and Aaron could have lived together on the Island, with no guaranteed hope of ever being rescued; or Charlie could die alone in the Looking Glass, in the hope of fulfilling Desmond's prophecy that they would make it home. He made his decision.

It also plays into the 'science vs. faith' theme -- Charlie was acting on his faith in Desmond's vision, even if didn't seem like the most rational option.

I thought it was quite fitting with the overall series, and I'm not convinced we've seen the last of Charlie just yet, even if he may be permanently gone from the *present-day* storylines. At the very least, he will appear in spirit to Claire and/or Aaron, given the established narrative conventions of the show.

I agree. I thought Charlie's death was perfect, and I sincerely hope he doesn't come back, or I'll feel betrayed.

I think I forgot to mention in my Season 4 plan - Charles Widmore is in charge of the DHARMA Initiative's attempts at taking back the island. The original Henry Gale was also sent by him in the balloon to find the island, but The Others killed him before he could contact him. Widmore could also sponsor the race around the world, hoping one of the competitors will come across the island.

From spoilerfix.com

05/27 - Next season of Lost will feature BOTH flashbacks and flash-forwards.

It's something we all could've guessed, but it's cool...

I loved it.

Except they're not safe.

Because he just found out that Naomi was LYING and her "Rescue Team" has nothing to do with Penelope.

So that helicopter Desmond foresaw taking Claire and Aaron away was probably taking them back to the Other's camp or God knows where.

So his sacrifice makes no sense.

Except they're not safe.

Because he just found out that Naomi was LYING and her "Rescue Team" has nothing to do with Penelope.

So that helicopter Desmond foresaw taking Claire and Aaron away was probably taking them back to the Other's camp or God knows where.

So his sacrifice makes no sense.

Desmond never specified that it was Naomi's chopper that would save them, just that they would be rescued. It was a sacrifice based on faith, and love for them.

I dunno. I still think it's a load of crap. Charlie had plenty of places to go outside of heroin... I mean, we've got the whole Claire & Aaron arc that's going unresolved now, that could've been done in a million different ways. I just think it was a real waste.

Sacred&Profane said:
Desmond never specified that it was Naomi's chopper that would save them, just that they would be rescued. It was a sacrifice based on faith, and love for them.

Desmond saw them being picked up by a chopper and assumed they would be rescued. He didn't see where they were going.

Charlie's whole motive was that he knew he was signaling the Claire-picker-uppers.

As soon as he realized that the people he was signaling to pick up Claire were liars that weren't going to rescue her, it only makes sense that he would've gotten the hell out of there so he could stop the people he loves from being kidnapped by the Others.

The interviews had me thinking - what's next for Desmond? Sure, we'll see the Penny story fleshed out and how he's connected to the "bad guys" headed up by Naomi... But does he still have his precognative powers? Where does he go with THAT from here? If he becomes the Grim Reaper (in a metaphorical sense, of course), where he predicts deaths left and right, I think he'd be a unique staple on the show...

From spoilerfix.com

05/27 - Next season of Lost will feature BOTH flashbacks and flash-forwards.

It's something we all could've guessed, but it's cool...

Yeah, I mentioned that a couple of posts back.

DJF, I wish I could write for Lost. I want to be part of a writing team for a TV series.

LOLMikhail.jpg

This is what I do at 1:50am.

:lol:

At another site I post at, www.absolutepunk.net, there have been avatars popping up from season three including one of Jin firing a gun that says "I still shoot blanks", one of Jack with his beard from the flashforward that says "Lumber JACK" and another of Locke looking at Ben that says "I want ANSWERS!"

I thought they were pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back