Lost *spoilers*

I hope when Jack comes back to the island, Dharma has taken back control, and the island's gone all weird science.

You see, that's the thing...

They'll pick up right after Jack makes the call... At least, most likely. It makes the most sense since we have a lot still missing between then and the flashforward. I mean, we've got Desmond still out to see, people still on the beach, a freighter full of people that need to pick the Losties up, etc. etc.

But I'm interested now in the development of Jack in Flashfowards... But where does that take us for the series finale? It's no secret anymore that they get rescued... When is the point where Things reach a finale? On or off the island? Like, what the hell?

The more I think about the flash forwards, the more I hate the idea with every fiber of my being and am worried sick it will ruin the show.

I don't hate it, but I'm definitely unsure about it.

This is what I said when I read Proj's spoilers. The Flash-forward would make the season finale certainly memorable but would leave the development of the series between a rock and a hard place. I mean, there are so many directions this show could take, even without the twist flash-foward, but now that we've seen that at least two people get off the island... It throws a monkey wrench into what we know about the show. It could go either way... But I hope that it doesn't become something that takes apart the show's uniqueness.

Don't you have to talk about that to one of the moderators?

Your wish is Ice's command. :lol:

:-(

I thought since you had more than 10,000 posts you were able to do it yourself? Hence me eagerly anticipating me finally getting to 10,000 myself (which I suspect should be sometime in 2015 at my current post rate).

I was reading an EW online column, with a guy reviewing the season finale. And then he noticed some peculiar... each season of Lost has plot similarities with each Planet of the Apes movies:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20040589_3,00.html

I Wiki'd the other movies... the fourth has a big war and is the most violent of all the movies (A big war between the freighter people and the island people? It's been revealed that the freighter people are going to be quite violent).

The fifth movie is a flashback to years after the war... and the humans and apes have decided to live in peace together. (Losties and Others beating the freighter crew, and living in peace?)

And then, taking the latest remake - you have a man crashing back on the planet. (Jack going back to the island?)

I think some of it's reaching, but it's fun to look at some of the random (and maybe not so random) similarities.

I was also reading the Lostpedia entry on Stephen King... we all know Lost has many references to his work. I didn't know there was so many. It's uncanny how much of his stuff is referenced in Lost. I'm pretty sure Lost is just one big dedication to Stephen King's work.

Pretty interesting. Its been at least 5 years since I've seen any of the PotA movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
On spoiler fix, they say that Desmond will feel really guilty about Charlie dying... His character will delve into what if he didn't tell Charlie he was going to die, would he have made that same sacrifice and what not... Actually, a cool turn for him.

So I guess the Season 3 DVD won't be out until December. It sucks we have to wait till then (as opposed to the usual September release), but it makes plenty of sense from a business standpoint. One, it capitalizes on the Holiday shopping season. And two, it will be coming out about a month (or less) before the Season 4 episodes start airing in January.

I thought I'd post some thoughts on this, i think i was banned when it came out a coupla weeks ago or i just never discussed this before. Anyway, I loved it.

I thought the flash forward was great, I don't think it spoils knowing people get off the island, i think we kinda knew it was gonna happen eventually. I would really love it if throughout the last 3 seasons we saw various losties ending up quite depressed, with unhappy endings, thinking they'd have been happier staying on the island... but then the very last episode would be them getting off the island and having a happy ending to the whole series (kinda like Vincent in pulp fiction,
he gets shot half-way through, but he's alive at the end so its all good
)

They aren't gonna go forward in time, and have jack trying to get back on the island, I'm sure the flash-forwards will be a once in a while thing, to freshen it up a bit, if the flash-backs start feeling a little stale, but we still haven't had enough from hurley: we don't know why he's called that and there's still the whole libby thing. But no the series will continue in the same manner as if the flash-forward was just a flash-back (I would bet my subnic on it, but I see that's already been done ;))

The episode had some really touching scenes with Jack, and Charlie too, tho I really don't know why he couldn't have pushed the button and then left the room and shut the door, it would've taken ages to completely submerge the station anyway, plenty of time to put on scuba gear and swim to surface.

I hope Mikhail is alive...I know he was pretty darn close to the grenade, and it would've killed anyone but come on, the guy is rasputin. Plus I want a eye-gouging flash-back

Probably the best finale yet and I rate Lost as probably my favourite show, everything building to this episode has been great and I love that even when they have silly episodes like the hurley driving the van one, it all ties nicely together when we have ben's flashback with his dad, and then he takes on a load of others with guns, while sawyer told him he was useless. Also that was an awsome move by Sayid just after hurley ran into them..I was screaming just kick the gun away from him, but before I'd finished he'd snap his neck. Also sawyer killing the other was pretty cool (referencing the season 1 finale with walt) .

..oh yeah Walt's appearence seemed ultimately quite useless, I would say he probably told locke something important that we don't find out until next season, but if you remember the ultimately pointless pterodactyl that screamed 'Hurley' hasn't been touched upon at all. It's all just a bit of fun...

...and I'm out, thanks for reading this far.

www.lostpedia.com has it returning in Febraury 2007. Also, whenever I read anything about it coming back on, it's always saying February. I wish it were January, but that is apparently asking too much.

Also, there is something about the Others, most specifically Mikhail and Richard. I think they are subject to a different kind of karma. Like, karma only the show and the island chooses to illustrate it differently. Richard can't age and Mikhail can't die... That is, not until they have done what the island wants them to do. Since Eko refused to ask for forgiveness, he was killed... These guys are forced to live with unfortunate circumstances (depending on how you think of it) until they come around. That could have been the reason why Ben grew a tumor on an island that has been known to cure it. I don't know, just a theory I came up with on the fly.

Last edited:
I was reading something on lostpedia.com and they said that the flash-forwards would make up a season within a season... Hmm...

www.lostpedia.com has it returning in Febraury 2007. Also, whenever I read anything about it coming back on, it's always saying February. I wish it were January, but that is apparently asking too much.

Also, there is something about the Others, most specifically Mikhail and Richard. I think they are subject to a different kind of karma. Like, karma only the show and the island chooses to illustrate it differently. Richard can't age and Mikhail can't die... That is, not until they have done what the island wants them to do. Since Eko refused to ask for forgiveness, he was killed... These guys are forced to live with unfortunate circumstances (depending on how you think of it) until they come around. That could have been the reason why Ben grew a tumor on an island that has been known to cure it. I don't know, just a theory I came up with on the fly.

Interesting. You could be onto something.

I was reading something on lostpedia.com and they said that the flash-forwards would make up a season within a season... Hmm...

??

A story arc within the season? Like a portion of the season is post-island flash-forwards, and the other parts will be the usual flash-backs and occasional on-island flashback episode (like the Michael flashback on-island in Three Minutes, the Tailies and Nikki and Paulo's on-island recaps).

From what I understand, yes. You're right.

Like, the flash-forwards will make more and more sense as we see more (obviously)... And they'll run in the midst of flashbacks throughout the season. I think.

Again, the flash-forwards throw a wrench into the format of the show.

Latest posts

Back