Lost *spoilers*

Now which shapeshifting smokey fella does this sound like?

In Egyptian mythology, Ammit (also spelled Ammut, Ammet, Amam, Amemet and Ahemait) was the personification of divine retribution for all the wrongs one had committed in life.

I am excited to get some more Egyptian myths... God, I am so pumped about this show right now.

Boy, that Ben will SHOOT a mofo, won't he?

Here I was thinking we were gonna get a Caesar flashback episode or something at some point. Not so much. Heh.

as soon as he showed Ben the gun, I was like, "ohs no, that was a mistake!" but i didn't really expect Ben to shoot him!

one thing that caught my attention was when young Ben told Widmore that he didn't want to go back with Dharma, that he wanted to be one of them, and Widmore said, "just because you live among them, doesn't make you one of them" which reminded me of Jack's tatoos, "Though he lives among us, he is not one of us."

also, Ben told Widmore as he was being banished that he had "broken the rules" and that was why he was being banished. He also told Locke that he had come back to the island and broken the rules so he needed to be judged, but Locke told him that he wasn't the kind of guy who cared about the rules. All this talk about breaking the rules reminds me of what Ben said to Widmore after Keamy killed Alex. Ben said Widmore changed the rules; that's gotta tie in.

And Ben really doesn't remember anything about Jack, Kate, Jin, Miles, Sayid, Hurley, or Sawyer from the past...that's really too bad.

and what was with the drain that called Cerebrus/smokey? he told the drain that he'd be outside...strange

what lies in the shadow of the statue? i wonder what that means?

and the best line of the show: "What's about to come out of that jungle...I can't control!" and then Locke comes out of the bushes!

So I've been in a bit of a Lost mood and decided to share my endgame theory. This theory is about what the climax of the series may be about, doesn't explain everything but there is a lot to support it.

So in trying to think of how the show will end I thought about what the show is about and other than redemption the show focuses a lot on the ideas of faith versus logic. Destiny vs choice. And I think that is where the series is heading towards, a decision between a preset destiny and a personal choice.
A lot of this theory is based on the Sri Lanka video from the first ARG. In it, it states that Dharma's purpose was to study the Valenzetti Equation, the equation predicts the exact moment of mankind's destruction through whatever means it may be. The results of the Equation are the numbers(4 8 15 16 23 42) and Dharma was meant to find a way to change any one of those numbers in the equation. Now I believe the Valenzetti Equation is the mathematical proof of fate's plan. And no matter what you do course correction with do anything to keep those numbers the same and the date of mankind's end the same.

Now think of Desmond and Charlie, Charlie's fate was to die, and Desmond found a way to cheat that. This is was something Dharma was looking for, but both Desmond and Charlie gave into fate due to the course correction. So Dharma wanted to find a way to permanently change fate. Now I see Course correction as an extremely complex series of back up plans. On example I thought of was when Boon died, if Locke and Boone hadn't been so caught up by the Plane they would have noticed the Pearl Station, Locke's faith in the Swan would have been shattered, no one would bang on the hatch or relieve Desmond, so he would have killed himself and no one would have been able to press the button or turn the key and thus the world would end. Also think of Desmond's vision of Claire on the helicopter. The only reason that didn't come true was because of Christian who directly intervened to prevent her from leaving. For whatever reason that may be.

So what is Fate's plan exactly? I think fate want's to wipe out the world so and use the Island as a Noah's boat for the Others to start a new utopia. Which is why solving the pregnancy problem is so important. That's why the Others were so selective in who they abducted and why they are so secretive. They cannot risk this mission. And I see Jacob as the ultimate go to guy for Fate's orders for the Others. And to keep fate as safe as possible only a select few can even see him..

So now finally how does this end. I can think specifically because so much can still change, but I think the series will end in a choice. Follow along with fate plans to destroy mankind and start over, or let civilization continues as is with the possibility of being destroyed earlier or later without the "ark", or maybe a third option no one thought of? Either way I think it will be up to Jack to make the decisions. He's the main character, the first one we saw and the last one will see. It even been said the actor is one of the few who knows how the story ends. I don't know what he'll choose, but what ever his choice is, it will be the right one

Also I found this funny:
I want to see this show so f'n badly but it's on the same time as Smallville

Yes, he is. Wonder what he was doing on the mainland? I'm guessing/hoping that next episode will be Dan's. He's the character that I'm most interested in... Most likely, he went to go find Desmond to implement his plan better. So, we'll see.

On the whole, this was a solid episode, but I wish it didn't focus so much on these daddy issues that Miles has. We've seen that already and it was kind of stale... Especially since there was no closure between Miles and Chang.

Also, where do these characters pick up different last names than their parents? Faraday and Straume? What's with that?

Also, where do these characters pick up different last names than their parents? Faraday and Straume? What's with that?

Faraday probably just has his father's name... We haven't met the father yet, so we don't really know.

As for Miles, I bet because of his father, he took his mother's maiden name. That's just an idea, but I think its reasonable.

This was a great episode but it left me with more questions than answers.

Did Faraday flash back off island or did he leave after they all flashed back?

Why does Dr Chang use different names on the orientation videos like Candle etc? (I was glad Hurley asked about that)

Btw....how do you talk to dead people and dead guy says he is digging a hole and a filling rips out of his tooth and shoots through his brain killing him and your getting this story AFTER overhearing Horace talk about "do you think it was the electromagnetism blah blah" and your response is "I don't know and I don't care"? Wait. What? Really? Don't care? Come on.

Who are the people who hijacked Miles? I don't think they work for Ben, although they may.

What is the DI doing with the dead body?

And what I REALLY want to know...

what lies in the shadow of the statue?

Last edited:
I think Bram has been sent by either Widmore or someone else trying to set up the DHARMA Initiative again... Personally, this question sounds to me like some sort of code question. Do you guys remember the question Des asked Jack when they first met (again) in the Hatch? "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?" I think it's like that.

This episode was okay, just a bit lighter. I'm guessing to balance up all the crazy **** coming up. I really like how they did Miles' story. And Hurley is just great, only him can make a reference to Star Wars into a very great "moral of the story" theme. Though I hate that next week's a clip show.
I think Bram has been sent by either Widmore or someone else trying to set up the DHARMA Initiative again... Personally, this question sounds to me like some sort of code question. Do you guys remember the question Des asked Jack when they first met (again) in the Hatch? "What did one snowman say to the other snowman?" I think it's like that.

He wasn't sent by Widmore, they didn't want Miles to work for Widmore. The appear to be almost like Others, but they didn't know Ben or pretended not to know him. With the last ARG I would guess their New Dharma, but why wouldn't they not use Widmore's freighter to find the island, how did they know about the flight? A lot of ****ing questions about them I can't wait for.

Did Faraday flash back off island or did he leave after they all flashed back?

no he was with them after the last Flash. The last time we saw him he was going crazy about seeing Charlotte, saying, "I'm not gonna tell her...I'm n-I'm not!"
referring to the crazy man that told her never to come back to the island when she was a child (aka Faraday)

Hurley is so awesome!

Who the last episodes focus on:

5x14 -
Faraday
5x15 -
Richard
5x16/17 -
Everyone?

I'm so excited!

So. . .why is it that everyone in Lost has daddy issues?

Jack, Locke, Kate, Hurley (Initially), Miles, Ben, Penny. . .

So. . .why is it that everyone in Lost has daddy issues?

Jack, Locke, Kate, Hurley (Initially), Miles, Ben, Penny. . .

Claire, Walt... probably dozens of others still. Apparently fathers are evil. :?

Yeah, I was trying to think of everyone. It's kind of ridiculous and overplayed. I wonder if there's a point to it?

The island is everyone's true father.

Latest posts

Back