Lost *spoilers*

Re: The Compass

Also, as mentioned, having an Asian guy named Miles is too much of a coincidence.

I don't think that at all, I knew an asian guy named Miles, it's not that conclusive. What I think triggered it was Hurley, Daniel put the thought that Miles was his son into his head and remembered Hurley's not so subtle suggestions and decides to investigate. Though it would be nice to actually see that thought process

I see it as simple as Widmore saying "Libby worked for me" or whatever. It's too much of a coincidence that she was there around Hurley and then Desmond... I interpret it like she is one of these course correctors like Abaddon.

I see it as simple as Widmore saying "Libby worked for me" or whatever. It's too much of a coincidence that she was there around Hurley and then Desmond... I interpret it like she is one of these course correctors like Abaddon.

I don't see it like that, I think it would be adding too much and is pretty unneeded to the story. Something like that would just have the audience wanting more explanation.

Now what I really want to know right now is, how the **** does the Comic con video factor in? I mean with two episodes left, the incident arriving (which I think will bring the cast back to the present), and baby Miles on the sub and Faraday dead, when exactly is this scene filmed? I seriously can't wait till next week, I really want to know how this plays out.

I don't see it like that, I think it would be adding too much and is pretty unneeded to the story. Something like that would just have the audience wanting more explanation.

Now what I really want to know right now is, how the **** does the Comic con video factor in? I mean with two episodes left, the incident arriving (which I think will bring the cast back to the present), and baby Miles on the sub and Faraday dead, when exactly is this scene filmed? I seriously can't wait till next week, I really want to know how this plays out.

It's not cannon so it's never filmed.

Also, regarding Richard. Did anyone else think the Boat in a Bottle was a hint as to where he came from? The Black Rock? Since, when I saw that at the beginning of the episode, I still thought it was going to revolve around him I thought that was a clue. Still could be.

I have thought/speculated he was a passenger or crew member of the BR for a while now. That is why I also think the compass was in his possesion when he originally came to the island.

Last edited:
Libby is the only thing that bugs me to no end about the series (srsly) and the fact that Darlton is done with her -- they say we have enough to connect the dots, wtf? -- makes me nuts.

i think she went crazy after her husband David died and ended up in Santa Rose Mental Health Institute. why she was on Flight 815 doesn't really matter does it? she coulda just been another passenger on another plane, but i'm hopin' Darlton tricks us once again and reveals a li'l more

Yeah. he seemd pretty accepting of it. "Your time travelors? Hmmm....ok".

Well, they are drilling at the Orchid to study the energy and it's potential uses in the field of timetravel, so the idea isn't completely foreign to him. Then Hurley makes obvious hints about Miles being his son, then Dan straight up tells him he's from the future and Miles is his son. I don't see why he wouldn't accept it.

My guess is [the compass came from] the Black Rock. I assume the Black Rock has to be part of the story somewhere.

No but, when Locke ask Richard if he still had the compass to give it to Locke, so he first gets the compass when Traveling Locke gave it to him, but Locke got it from Richard. It's a chicken and the egg, unless Richard had a duplicate in the 1950's that compass literally came out of no where.

maybe Richard loses the compass Locke gives him somewhere in the 50 years between the two exchanges, but then finds the same compass on the Black Rock later. That's just speculation. And I doubt this will ever be addressed.

"The producers have stated that they would like to reveal more of Libby's back story, but the actress who plays her is unable or unwilling to comply.

Even if this is true, they don't need to show Libby to explain it. Just mention it off hand. But I'd rather they do it as maybe a missing piece mobisode or as a part of someone elses' flashback. They've showed those connections before; things like Shanon's dad being the guy that was in the accident with the girl Jack married. It was really easy to miss, but if you were paying attention it was there. Just throw it in as an easter egg in the background of someone else's flashback.

I think it should be canon, and was expecting it to be much like the Orchid outtakes

I agree!

Last edited:
I agree the Libby problem could be simply explained by an off-hand comment... Unless she was supposed to be an essential piece to the puzzle. I don't think that's the case, though, or else Damon and Carlton wouldn't have killed her off in the first place. Who knows, a lot of things changed after the Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were arrested.

I agree the Libby problem could be simply explained by an off-hand comment... Unless she was supposed to be an essential piece to the puzzle. I don't think that's the case, though, or else Damon and Carlton wouldn't have killed her off in the first place. Who knows, a lot of things changed after the Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were arrested.

I heard that their arrest had nothing to do with it. Rodriguez only ever wanted to do one season, same with Eko (but they pushed for him to continue for a few more episodes)

It really is a shame about Mr. Eko too. Apparently, the guys had a lot of plans for him, too. One of which, which I find most interesting, is that he was initially going to be the time traveller... As in, instead of Desmond. Really, the powers that be have said that they would've liked to keep him around, but they are telling his story through different characters now. One of which is Desmond, the other now is apparently Ben, as he was the only other character we've seen so far to be judged by the monster.

It really is a shame about Mr. Eko too. Apparently, the guys had a lot of plans for him, too. One of which, which I find most interesting, is that he was initially going to be the time traveller... As in, instead of Desmond. Really, the powers that be have said that they would've liked to keep him around, but they are telling his story through different characters now. One of which is Desmond, the other now is apparently Ben, as he was the only other character we've seen so far to be judged by the monster.

I recall them saying they intended the character to last till the end of the series. Though I can't see him being a time traveler, Desmond seems like a much better fit story wise. Interesting though, great actor and a great character, would have been cool.

Also a mini observation I've made about the monster is that he seems to only judge what's currently weighing heavy on the person's mind. For example Eko's first encounter was him causing the death of his brother which he was very repentant over, so the monster left him alone. But the second time he felt no remorse for killing the men to protect the church, which he was currently thinking of. Ben thought he was going to be judged about returning to the island or summoning the monster earlier, but the sin that was weighing heaviest was his daughter's death. so that's what the monster judged

Man, for the first time since Season Two I know next to nothing about the finale... And I'm completely cool with that. There's supposed to be a lot of meat to the episode tonight, including a death, and I don't know where it's going to end up. I can't wait!

For the person who is going to die? I'd say it is between (and this is purely my speculation) Sawyer, Ben, Locke, or Jacob. Or any combination of those characters.

apparently, in Michael Emerson's words, we are going to have no idea how the show is going to continue based on tonight's episode.

I've heard that the final shot
is much like the one from season 1 where we look at something but don't know what's in it. So prepared yourselves for a WTF is in there kinda deal.

That's not really a spoiler, it just compares this finale to another season's, but I felt I should spoiler tag it just in case.

I've heard the same thing about both of the above speculation. Even Damon and Carlton have been saying that this one's a game changer and that we'll have no idea where the show will end up.

Imagine if Jack actually succeeded in changing the timeline and Season 6 was set in a universe where they didn't crash on the island. :shock:

So...?

I'm still very shocked at the turns that this show has taken now. I have no idea and nothing to speculate on... And we've got to wait until 2010 now. Great.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WHY!? WHY MUST WE LEAVE IT AT THAT!!!!????

Good ****ing lord.

There's way to much to talk about so I'll just say a few things, I doubt the timeline change seeing how everything seemed to add up to what we know happened Mile called it and I completely agreed, So Locke was really a reincarnated dude from Jacob's past? A part of me is thinking it's some sort of mind meld deal, Does anybody know Latin? And the white fade was really something that's when it hit me we are about to see the end soon.

good ****ing lord...

If I could make out what Richard said I could translate it. But I can't, so I can't.

Anyway, amazing ****ing episode. We finally saw Jacob, which was fantastic. I'm a little disappointed he was killed at the end, but there's no telling what's going to happen next, so for all we know he might find some way to come back.

Locke not being Locke was insane. Michael Emerson's acting in the scene where he asked Jacob "Why?" was so amazing, I hope he finally wins his Emmy this year.

And Emerson was also right about not knowing where it's going. I don't have a clue where this is headed. Are they all dead? Obviously not, but a freakin' nuclear bomb exploded under their feet. I doubt they're well (I like that Miles came out and said what I had been thinking all along, that the bomb might actually be the incident).

And does anyone else get the feeling this is all gearing up to some kind of cosmic "final battle"? I ask because I was definitely getting a two-long-warring-enemies-who-are-preparing-for-the-final-battle kind of vibe from Jacob and the other dude.

I don't know. All I do know is that this was, by far, the most "cinematic" episode of Lost ever. And the last season is going to be ****ing EPIC.

Latest posts

Back