Lost *spoilers*

I thought the rest of the show would be about Ben vs Widmore and now I could care less about that. ****ing Jacob and that other guy.

Yeah Ben and Widmore just got a whole lot less important. They are just pawns on a chess board.

This new twist promises to be MUCH more interesting.

Now we just have to wait 8 months. Such a long hiatus.

Yeah Ben and Widmore just got a whole lot less important. They are just pawns on a chess board.

This new twist promises to be MUCH more interesting.

Now we just have to wait 8 months. Such a long hiatus.

It's because they were just a rivalry within Jacob's Others. This rivalry is on a whole new level and considering Jacob's last words, not the final level either

I think it is safe to say that Locke being found to be an imposter only emphasizes Jack as the main protagonist. It'll be different, sure, but Locke is a false God, and I can see it now -- eventually Jack's gonna bring on the hurt. Hopefully he'll fair better than how he did against Sawyer.

Also -- I've been thinking today. I think Jacob was referring to Jack and co. when he said they're coming. They've all been hand selected by him to save his *** or at least now back him up. I mean, he's dead and all now.

Lastly, I somehow think that Ben is the "loop hole". He's the one that committed the murder... I think he'll be more important because of that now. Just a hunch. It's important that this one dude has become Locke, but that's not the whole picture.

I think it is safe to say that Locke being found to be an imposter only emphasizes Jack as the main protagonist. It'll be different, sure, but Locke is a false God, and I can see it now -- eventually Jack's gonna bring on the hurt. Hopefully he'll fair better than how he did against Sawyer.

Also -- I've been thinking today. I think Jacob was referring to Jack and co. when he said they're coming. They've all been hand selected by him to save his *** or at least now back him up. I mean, he's dead and all now.
Interesting. It should also be pointed out that Jacob touched each one of the characters, so it's not important that was there but that his touched them
Lastly, I somehow think that Ben is the "loop hole". He's the one that committed the murder... I think he'll be more important because of that now. Just a hunch. It's important that this one dude has become Locke, but that's not the whole picture.
I think it was because he was exiled but returned, that's the loop hole. It would have been the same if Widmore had somehow returned

Photo2.jpg

Man.

I had to wait 17+ hours for this show because of my stupid *** connection and its damn inconsistent downloading speeds.

But... man.

LOST.

****. I'm always speechless after a finale. My hands are sweating the whole time I'm watching. I always know I'm going to get 90 minutes of absolute insanity and that I'm going to love it.

I am so ****ing glad I have stuck with Lost since the very beginning. The mythology Lindelof and the others have built... not only have they somehow made this one of the most epic, intelligent, expansive, insane stories ever, but they somehow managed to do it on television! This is television we're watching! What the ****?!

I have no idea what Season 6 is going to about but I don't care. This is exactly what I want now. No more speculating from me. I am simply going to enjoy the last season of my favourite show ever. Such a long wait... I think I'm going to have to turn my very own frozen donkey wheel and skip through time.

Jacob. You are one mysterious bastard, aren't you? Eating fish, living in a foot, visiting everyone at various points in their lives - who do you think you are, Damon Lindelof? Surely only he is allowed to do this.

That whole scene at the beginning with him talking to his "enemy" - that has really showed how epic the story has become. This guy is going to find a loophole to kill Jacob - holy ****, what does this mean? Now that we've seen this, we hardly care about Jack/Sawyer/Locke or Ben/Widmore... whatever Jacob was up to... holy ****, guys. I can't wait to see the various characters drawn to either side next season. "They're coming." War is here. The war to decide the fate of the island, the purpose of these characters and probably life and the show itself. Season 6 is probably going to be the most epic thing ever.

A couple of thoughts on the flashbacks - I would have preferred if Jacob had met all of the characters in a consistent incarnation - either when they're all children or when they're all adults. It just seemed like they were checking off specific things (show Kate beginning to steal, show Sawyer start writing the letter, show Jack learning how to count to five etc.). At first I thought that Jacob was maybe trying to either direct them away from the island or direct them to it - supposedly counteracting whatever actually happened with Jack and the bomb and the incident... but in Lost fashion, it's obviously a lot more complicated than that.

I didn't like the Juliet flashback - it just seemed thrown in there and had no connection with the others. Disappointing.

An interesting thing to note about Hurley and the case Jacob left for him - notice how we haven't actually seen what's inside it? We're all presuming it's a guitar because of Charlie, right? I think the actor said that it may not be a guitar inside... maybe there's something Jacob intended for Hurley to have and to bring to the island?

Now let's jump to 1977...

Bernard and Rose's reappearance (with Vincent!) was great. I'm so glad they were shown and explained.

I was wondering what Richard and Eloise were up to - and then Richard knocks Eloise out and tells them they're not going with them - perfect. Why would they want to be involved? That Jack/Sayid escape scene was intense - I was shocked that Sayid was shot first and Jack did all the badass ****. Have you ever noticed how badass Jack actually is in the finales? Go watch him concocting plots with Sayid and carrying Kate while shooting at Others in Season 2 or him beating the **** out of Ben in Season 3. Badass. I loved that we didn't actually see Roger get shot - again, another hint that time is not changing.

I loved Jack's face when he saw Sawyer/Kate/Juliet waiting there. He must get so sick of people complicating his plans. "I don't speak destiny." And the Jack/Sawyer fight. How long have we been waiting for that? We never get a fight like that between Jack and Locke because Locke's old and Jack can't be bothered - but because they're both fighting over the same woman (or women) it's brutal. And a lot of fun.

I actually didn't mind the random love stuff this time - I guess because there was so much going on.

I knew that Jack was going to cause the Incident - of course he was. His plans always go wrong. Remember when he wanted to let the Hatch timer run down because he thought it was fake? Wrong. Remember when he called the freighter because he thought they were coming to rescue them? Wrong. I think this is what makes Jack such a great character though - he is flawed but the best heroes always are - he wants everything to be right and he's doing everything he can to do it.

I love that everything was set up. The magnet, Chang losing his arm, Radzinsky getting away - proof that everything fits together.

So Juliet and Sayid appear to be dead. Maybe. I guess it depends on where they end up. I would like to see more resolution with Sayid since we never actually saw him die and I guess this was intentional.

Okay, let's flashforward 30 years later...

I actually didn't really care much about this storyline. Of course, I was intrigued with the Locke expedition to find Jacob and whatever Ilyana was cooking up (I was thinking that the bomb was actually in the case - and it would show that it was never detonated and thus time was not changed - but again, Lost is more complex than that).

I haven't really read any theories about what happened yet but I am presuming that the whole two Lockes business is something to do with Jacob's enemy. I am sad if Locke is truly dead because he is one of my favourite characters.

Okay, I just read some stuff on Lostpedia and something caught my eye. On the subject of loopholes, remember Mr. Eko? Remember how he seemed to have a special attachment with the Monster just like Locke did? Suppose the Monster works for the enemy - what if the the enemy used the Monster to scan Mr. Eko to see if he could be the loophole? And obviously he wasn't because he's now dead, but remember his final words to Locke? "You're next." Eko knew that the enemy/Monster were going to use Locke as the loophole to kill Jacob.

And also, Christian wanted Locke to turn the wheel and leave the island because he was working for Jacob and Jacob didn't want his enemy to use Locke as the loophole! It all connects!

Ben loves stabbing people.

I was surprised we didn't see Desmond and Penny for at least a scene. Is it just presumed that their story is wrapped up now? I think they'll be involved next season depending on what Widmore is up to.

****. It's late and I'm tired and I'm amped up now. I don't want to type anymore because this post is already long and I'm starting to ramble about nothing so if you want to hear more, book a plane ticket to Australian and come see me in person - who knows, maybe you'll end up on a mysterious island and I'll have to time travel back to try and stop you from crashing on the island!

Also, the white background for the ending Lost. Things have changed. Imagine watching Season 1 and skipping ahead to Season 5. It's a completely different show but one I still ****ing love and I'm so glad I've been watching it since the first episode. It's made me angry, it's made me happy, it's made me sad, it's made me confused, it's made me learn... I love this show. If I ever wrote something as brilliant as this, I would be extremely happy.

Bring on Season 6.

Last edited:
I am guessing the significance of Jacob's "touching" moments were to give these characters the immortality bit. I'm surprised we didn't see him touch Michael or anything. But Jacob is the reason none of these characters can die. Yet. That's just a theory, though.

For the record I can assure everyone that Sayid is at least safe. I read somewhere WAY back that he and Jack would see the light of day in Season 6. As for Juliet, I don't know, but I would imagine she'll be back too... Or else we didn't really need to see her alive again.

Also, I can safely share some false rumors I heard a while ago... One was that we'd get a wedding between Aaron and Ji Yeon in the future and that Season 6 would follow them trying to get to the island. BORING. And I also heard that Jack and Co. would be able to do nothing to change time and end up all old in 2007. Like Sun would reunite with Jin, but he'd be an old man at that point. As old people Jack and Co. would reside in the temple and be the advisors to the Others. This is thankfully not true.

Last edited:

I agree. That is the significance of Jacob recruiting them all and touching them. Each of them has been touched by a god. And it seemed that Jacob wasn't all that surprised by the turn of events which led Ben to kill him. So it seems he has a plan in place.

I think the loophole is that adversary had to manipulate someone else to kill Jacob because he obviously couldn't kill him directly. But I think Ben has been the one who has been being manipulated all along to become the one who does it. I also think that Christian Shepard is another manifestation of the adversary and has been being used to move his plans along. He was the one using Jacobs cabin and supposedly "speaking for Jacob".

I also think the statue is Sobek.

Take a look at this...
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/sobek.htm

"Sobek was called the Lord of Faiyum, and was considered the god who controlled the waters.

The Book of the Dead suggests that Sobek's closeness to Horus can be traced back to his participation in the birth of this god. Sobek was responsible for calling Isis and Nephthys to aid in the protection of the dead. He was the god from the Dark Water. It was believed, in some sects, that Sobek was the creator of the world. These people believed that he arose from the Dark Water and put the world in order."

Plus, it looks a lot like him/it. Especially on the drawing Alanna gets from Jacobs cabin.

I think maybe time did change.
Why?
Remember when Richard told Sun that he watched Jin and all of her friends die back in 1977? Did he watch them die? no.

unless he saw the explosion and they weren't there afterwards so he assumed they were dead.

Just a thought.

also, there is also an Egyptian godess named Taweret who looked a little bit like the statue (the main difference being that the statue didn't look pregnant and she is often portrayed that way)

why is she portrayed that way? b/c she's the godess of pregnancy and birth. One who protects women during pregnancy and childbirth. So maybe the statue being broken is significant to why women can't give birth on the island?

Why?
Remember when Richard told Sun that he watched Jin and all of her friends die back in 1977? Did he watch them die? no.

unless he saw the explosion and they weren't there afterwards so he assumed they were dead.

Just a thought.

also, there is also an Egyptian godess named Taweret who looked a little bit like the statue (the main difference being that the statue didn't look pregnant and she is often portrayed that way)

why is she portrayed that way? b/c she's the godess of pregnancy and birth. One who protects women during pregnancy and childbirth. So maybe the statue being broken is significant to why women can't give birth on the island?

Uh-oh! Aaron is a Babylonian Brotherhood lizard-baby!

Why?

Just a thought.

He never said he watched them die, he said he only remembered them because they died. Assuming they time traveled after the incident, he would have never seen them again, future dealings with Dharma, knowing they were in the middle of the incident he could assume they died.

Also I just realized something crazy. If the incident is the cause of Pregnancy issues that would mean Juliet causes the thing she spent three years trying to fix.

So if we go with the theory that Jacob's enemy takes the form of dead people on the island, who do we have? Locke obviously but is he also Christian? Yemi?

I don't know if this has been posted, but the ABC recap confirmed the statue as Egyptian Goddess Taweret.

Yes, the goddess of fertility.

I think Jacob dying is the source of the pregnancy problem. He seemed to be a kind of Richard, immortal and everlasting. It could be that if he's to die at all, on whatever point of the timeline it effects everything. The bomb going off might have corresponded with that somehow and that's where it begins... I don't know. This sounds stupid the more I type.

Well it turns out the suspected new ARG, Simeon Hobbes, is a hoax. The cool thing was the creator of the hoax said it himself, that he's just making his own out of fun.

A promo picture of Jacob's tapestry, which Carleton Cuse has said is important part of the island's Egyptian mythology
Screeb00001.jpg

Notice the piece missing from the bottom left corner. It's the piece they found in Jacob's cabin

800px-BramHoldingStatue.png

A promo picture of Jacob's tapestry, which Carleton Cuse has said is important part of the island's Egyptian mythology
Screeb00001.jpg

The Greek Translated says:
"may the gods grant thee all that thy heart desires"
"may the gods grant thee happiness"
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war."

Also I think I found out why Juliet's flashback was important, she wasn't by Jacob like the others

Latest posts

Back