Lost *spoilers*

That's not entirely accurate. Hurley's Hispanic, isn't he?
But he's American, not a foreigner. It's more nationality than ethnicity.
I've given Sayid's death, in particular, a lot of thought since last night. Ultimately, I can reconcile it and contrive reasons as to why it might even be appropriate, but it didn't have the sort of weight that you might expect from a heavily featured series regular. I mean, they didn't even play "Life and Death" when he died.

I understand that. It makes sense for him to die here at this point in the story, exactly the way it happen. Because the moments leading up to the explosion was high pace a lot of tension, there just wasn't time to slow things down for "Life and Death" only to speed up and again an slow down for Sun and Jin. But we really didn't get a final moment of him before his death. Sun and Jin had this huge beautiful build up. I think there wasn't much time, still would have been nice if during the timer speeding up we saw Sayid's face and him making the decision to do good.

But he's American, not a foreigner. It's more nationality than ethnicity.

I understand that. It makes sense for him to die here at this point in the story, exactly the way it happen. Because the moments leading up to the explosion was high pace a lot of tension, there just wasn't time to slow things down for "Life and Death" only to speed up and again an slow down for Sun and Jin. But we really didn't get a final moment of him before his death. Sun and Jin had this huge beautiful build up. I think there wasn't much time, still would have been nice if during the timer speeding up we saw Sayid's face and him making the decision to do good.

yeah, i wish they had focused a little more on his redemption. You could tell he had changed back b/c he hasn't been as spacey since he talked to Desmond in the well, but his character really deserved a "moment of truth."

Also, how did he know about the candidates and that Jack was going to be the one?

Also, how did he know about the candidates and that Jack was going to be the one?

I'm sure he pick up on it, Sawyer was blabbing about the caves ever since he saw them. And just seeing that Jack was right about the bomb convinced him of Jack's awesomeness

I'm sure he pick up on it, Sawyer was blabbing about the caves ever since he saw them. And just seeing that Jack was right about the bomb convinced him of Jack's awesomeness

the last thing you said has made me happy about this last season...jack's awesomeness. he was so unbearable at times during the middle seasons but now he is pretty darn rad.

Jack is always a badass in the finales. Therefore, he must be THE ONE.

I've given Sayid's death, in particular, a lot of thought since last night. Ultimately, I can reconcile it and contrive reasons as to why it might even be appropriate, but it didn't have the sort of weight that you might expect from a heavily featured series regular. I mean, they didn't even play "Life and Death" when he died.

I feel like Sayid already had his death moment early in the season. We just finally saw the body go. He didn't need life and death because we have come to terms with the death of Sayid.
I am taking the opposite angle on the other deaths. Lapidus is most certainly dead... I'm not sold on Jin. two big reasons. The last thing we see of Jin are his hands float up and away. No body no death. We know Sun is pinned down, Jin not so much. Second reason, in this very episode they talked about cycles and things repeating themselves. Jin is once again on a boat that exploded and presumed dead. Don't let them fool you twice ;-)

Frank Lapidus shall ride a chariot of Dharma Sharks into the Series Finale!

lost_characters_16.JPG

I feel like Sayid already had his death moment early in the season. We just finally saw the body go. He didn't need life and death because we have come to terms with the death of Sayid.
I am taking the opposite angle on the other deaths. Lapidus is most certainly dead... I'm not sold on Jin. two big reasons. The last thing we see of Jin are his hands float up and away. No body no death. We know Sun is pinned down, Jin not so much. Second reason, in this very episode they talked about cycles and things repeating themselves. Jin is once again on a boat that exploded and presumed dead. Don't let them fool you twice ;-)

Hmm, I actually saw the hands floating away as a confirmation of death. That their bodies went limp, we saw the life exit their bodies.

Hmm, I actually saw the hands floating away as a confirmation of death. That their bodies went limp, we saw the life exit their bodies.

I think it was intentionally vague in its staging.

Daniel Dae Kim confirmed Jin was dead.

But he will live on in the sideways universe... for now!

THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT LOST-RELATED THING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER:

[video=youtube;kDiSluPfoWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDiSluPfoWc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Wow. This season has let me down. By far the weakest of all six seasons of Lost. When I heard about this episode, I thought it would be the one that would bring everything full circle... But we got next to nothing.

Thanks Damon and Carlton, one of the most nagging questions I've asked is who those people were in the cave. Not. That jump all the way back to season one was pointless. At this point, I don't care who those people are, I want real answers... That's too much to ask, I guess.

I'll watch the remaining two episodes, but lord, what a mess they have made of this show. The writing is as sloppy and as disjointed as Heroes, almost.

Wow. This season has let me down. By far the weakest of all six seasons of Lost. When I heard about this episode, I thought it would be the one that would bring everything full circle... But we got next to nothing.

Thanks Damon and Carlton, one of the most nagging questions I've asked is who those people were in the cave. Not. That jump all the way back to season one was pointless. At this point, I don't care who those people are, I want real answers... That's too much to ask, I guess.

I'll watch the remaining two episodes, but lord, what a mess they have made of this show. The writing is as sloppy and as disjointed as Heroes, almost.

I don't understand what you mean by "real answers."

This episode essentially set up the entire conflict /basis of the season, in fact, the entire show. It was LOST's "Gensis" Chapter. The fact that Locke called these two particular skeletons Adam and Eve, played again at the close of this episode, was both satisfying and thematically relevant. They're the Adam and Eve of the entire show. "Pointless" is a wholly inaccurate way to describe it.

And...how has this season not brought everything full circle? "Across the Sea" displayed the cyclical nature of the Island conflicts, what we heard back in "The Incident" and have witnessed over the past six seasons. We're going to see everything end, and probably begin anew, in The End.

Don't know where you're getting "sloppy and as disjointed" from. I thought it was a pretty concise look at the origins of Jacob and Smoke monster, their motivations and past. I mean the entire episode wasn't wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, Adam and Eve! I mean we learned How Jacob got his job, we were informed as to how the Wheel was made, we got elaboration on the power of the island, and (arguably what's most important in the show) we got to understand the characters of Jacob and Smoke Monster.
I don't understand what you mean by "real answers."

This episode essentially set up the entire conflict /basis of the season, in fact, the entire show. It was LOST's "Gensis" Chapter. The fact that Locke called these two particular skeletons Adam and Eve, played again at the close of this episode, was both satisfying and thematically relevant. They're the Adam and Eve of the entire show. "Pointless" is a wholly inaccurate way to describe it.

And...how has this season not brought everything full circle? "Across the Sea" displayed the cyclical nature of the Island conflicts, what we heard back in "The Incident" and have witnessed over the past six seasons. We're going to see everything end, and probably begin anew, in The End.

I completely agree.

Anyway I really enjoyed this episode, it was a great time for it so we can have a step back from the drama of Last week and with all the major characters set up we can move on towards the finale

I'm more confused than I was before this episode.

MIB doesn't actually have a name?
Is MIB special in the same way Walt was special?
is MIB actually dead? Did sending him into the cave of wonders just release the smoke monster and kill him so that smoke could take his form like he did Christian and Locke?
So the Blonde kid we've been seeing all season is Jacob's ghost?

What were they protecting? Does Jacob even know why he's protecting it?
Why could only MIB see their mom?
was that scene from season 1 to remind us of the significance of the stones and the skeletons in the cave or was there something deeper going on there that I missed? like the fact that Jacob, MIB, and crazy mom were juxtaposed with Jack, Locke, and Kate.
arg!

Last edited:
I'm more confused than I was before this episode.

MIB doesn't actually have a name?
I thought she whispered something before she died but I'm not sure
Is MIB special in the same way Walt was special?
I'm betting so.
is MIB actually dead? Did sending him into the cave of wonders just release the smoke monster and kill him so that smoke could take his form like he did Christian and Locke?
Well recall the mother's description of what happens, his body diead and his soul is trapped in as smoke
So the Blonde kid we've been seeing all season is Jacob's ghost?
Appears so
What were they protecting? Does Jacob even know why he's protecting it?
I'm betting he does, that he eventually attains the same understanding as the mother
Why could only MIB see their mom?
Cause he's special and I think Jacob is more at peace with his place than MIB was
was that scene from season 1 to remind us of the significance of the stones and the skeletons in the cave or was there something deeper going on there that I missed? like the fact that Jacob, MIB, and crazy mom were juxtaposed with Jack, Locke, and Kate.
arg!
Just to remind the general audience since the skeletons were only shown twice. I think to also give Jack some face time since he's the only chacter to appear in every episode this season.

Latest posts

Back