Lost *spoilers*

I'm watching Deadwood at the moment and Titus Welliver's character was just introduced. I keep expecting him to turn into a smoke monster and kill everyone.

I have nothing to add on Across the Sea... but that promo for next week with The Doors gave the whole thing an Apocalypse Now vibe. And that is awesome.

Also... "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question." - Crazy ass woman

Go listen to Radiohead's Creep. It explains this entire show.

I keep editing this post as I come across new things but I like the idea that the smoke monster ISN'T Titus Welliver and was simply manipulating him in order to set up the entire chain of events where he would be released.

And the cave of light (LOOM OF FATE) is what is in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
I'm starting to wish that this season was all flashbacks to this early time period instead of the alternate timeline... I still want to see the first encounter between Jacob and the Smoke Monster. I suppose we're meant to think that Jacob instructed settlers to build the statue of his mother, and the temple, but then why only four toes on the statue?? More than anything, I expected some kind of allusion to the light's ability to reach across many times, and perhaps how Jacob has the ability to create a lighthouse that can see anything off the island.

Kind of nervous about how they'll go from this to wrapping everything up in three and a half hours, particularly since the connection between the alternate timeline and this one has yet to be fully established...

Or does the atomic blast at the end of last season undo everything? Does it go all the way back to the beginning and release the light so that the smoke monster was never released? I have no idea... Just more questions...

Maybe the last 3.5 hours will have different flashes, some to the sidewaysverse, and one continuing the story that started this episode...

I agree about the flashsideways. We don't really have any idea how they're going to resolve but I think this season could have done without them - an entire season set on the island with more flashbacks to Jacob/Man in Black/Richard/Others etc. would have been much cooler.

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the Man in Black now? All he wanted to do was leave the island. Jacob's a dick.

Last edited:
I agree about the flash sideways. We don't really have any idea how they're going to resolve but I think this season could have done without them - an entire season set on the island with more flashbacks to Jacob/Man in Black/Richard/Others etc. would have been much cooler.
I agree, but since the writers have always said they are against theories like purgatory or it's all a dream because that implies nothing really matters and there's no life or death stake. They also don't like them being referred to as "Alternate reality/timeline" for that same reason. So why I'm curious about the ancient civilization I'm much more intrigued how these two realities come into play.
Are we supposed to feel sorry for the Man in Black now? All he wanted to do was leave the island. Jacob's a dick.

After the Candidate? Doubt it, but LOST has always been good about making their villains understandable.

I really liked this episode. It's about time we are finally getting some answers.

Questions I still have:

Who built the donkey wheel? We saw MIB and co dug the hole and were going to install the wheel. But crazy mom filled in the well before he could finish. So when and who finished the FDW?

Which leads to, how did crazy mom fill the well and kill all the people? Does she have super powers also? What are they and were they passed on to Jacob?

When/how does Jacob get super powers? No indication of Jacob having an extra abilities this ep. How does he build a lighthouse that can see anyone or bring people back from the brink of death or "choose" people to come to the island?

When did the Egyptians come to the island? We didn't see the statue at all but the game MIB found on the beach is an Egyptian game so maybe they came over before crazy mom? Or crazy mom was ALWAYS there (the original guardian?) and she killed them also?

Hopefully these will be answered. Nice how MIB was by far the more sympathetic character in last nights episode.

I really liked this episode. It's about time we are finally getting some answers.

Questions I still have:

Who built the donkey wheel? We saw MIB and co dug the hole and were going to install the wheel. But crazy mom filled in the well before he could finish. So when and who finished the FDW?

Which leads to, how did crazy mom fill the well and kill all the people? Does she have super powers also? What are they and were they passed on to Jacob?

When/how does Jacob get super powers? No indication of Jacob having an extra abilities this ep. How does he build a lighthouse that can see anyone or bring people back from the brink of death or "choose" people to come to the island?

When did the Egyptians come to the island? We didn't see the statue at all but the game MIB found on the beach is an Egyptian game so maybe they came over before crazy mom? Or crazy mom was ALWAYS there (the original guardian?) and she killed them also?

Hopefully these will be answered. Nice how MIB was by far the more sympathetic character in last nights episode.

I'm betting the Egyptians came later and built Tawerat, and maybe the than Man in Black lead them to build the orchid wheel, since his first attempt was unfinished

Also:
[video=youtube;_8JBYlNTf-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8JBYlNTf-Q[/video]

I kind of wish that this story had have been told earlier in the narrative of the show. I think if we had had this story before we had ever seen Jacob or MiB and gone through the episode not knowing who this story was about and just thinking it was the history of the island it would have been much more awesome.

Imagine watching this episode at the end of season five just before John Locke sends Ben in to kill jacob, we don't know who either of these brothers were or that the one in black would become the smoke monster. Then at the end the one brother sends his other brother into the cave and the smoke monster comes out and then he burries his brother and "mother" in the cave and then at the end of the episode it goes back to the present and they go into the Tawerete statue and see Jacob and it's the guy from the flash back! Then Ben kills him and Elana and their crew show up with the real Locke's body and we know something's up with Flocke.

Then this season could be less about the "big secrets" and focus more on what's going on with the characters and the story.

I'm sure Damon and Carelton will do something amazing to tie it all together at the end, but waiting this long to show us the back story when they've been hinting at it all along just makes it kind of lack-luster.

An interesting but infuriating read.

I like the idea that Jacob has to protect the Man in Black and make him stay on the island because he is THE LIGHT.

I don't like that they know who was on the other outrigger and aren't going to tell us. They've been teasing us all season with that. Stupid.

An interesting but infuriating read.

I like the idea that Jacob has to protect the Man in Black and make him stay on the island because he is THE LIGHT.

I don't like that they know who was on the other outrigger and aren't going to tell us. They've been teasing us all season with that. Stupid.

They should tell us in the commentary or something. I completely get their reason for not doing and not telling us now. But it should come out.

I thought the interviewer brought up a lot of my concerns with the season and Carlton and Damon were getting awfully snarky. It's obvious to me that they spent too much time at the temple, or that Desmond should have influenced the sideways universe earlier but they insist that they didn't have time to answer certain questions such as the outrigger or Libby (even after they got the actress to come back)... It's stuff like that that aggrivates me. They say it's a character based show, and for the most part it has been, but this season they have literally had the characters guess what they need to do or sit for a few episodes before they only begin to trek into the jungle. I wish this show would have been better mapped out when they announced an end date. That's what I thought there intent was. I think everyone's theories sort of diverted them from some of the things they wanted to do... Or something. I don't know.

so it was all planned out, just not all planned out well.

I love LOST and i don't want to bash them. I honestly believe Darleton did their very best on the show.

I also want them to shoot a whole bunch of missing pieces episodes to answer some questions.

Last night at the LOST Live event, Barry Jossen from ABC read a letter written to Damon and Carlton from 'Star Wars' creator George Lucas. Here's the text:

"Congratulations on pulling off an amazing show. Don't tell anyone … but when 'Star Wars' first came out, I didn't know where it was going either. The trick is to pretend you've planned the whole thing out in advance. Throw in some father issues and references to other stories — let's call them homages — and you've got a series.

In six seasons, you've managed to span both time and space, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that I never saw what was around the corner. Now that it's all coming to an end, it's impressive to see how much was planned out in advance and how neatly you've wrapped up everything. You've created something really special. I'm sad that the series is ending, but I look forward to seeing what you two are going to do next."
So he finally admits it.
Damon Lindelof's response to this letter:
"I apologize for everything I said about the prequels."

A fan made trailer for the finale (approved by Lindelof):

[video=youtube;Rz1yHmUW05Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz1yHmUW05Y[/video]

John Locke is the best.

Cool is that the one that won the contest for being the official Finale commercial?

Also, I've been thinking about the tunnel of light and how MIB said no matter how l long he looked he never found it. I'm thinking the reason why no one noticed the Lighthouse before was because the guardian of the Island can hide locations on the island. Just as the island can be hidden from the rest of the world, a location can be hidden from the rest of the island. It also applies to the cabin and how it can move.

Latest posts

Back