Lost *spoilers*

The LOST Season 6 soundtrack comes out one week from today. It's 2 1/2 hours of music over 2 discs, and I believe it's Michael Giacchino's best season overall. I mean, he literally composed a new theme for every single episode of the season, and the music for "The End" is brilliance. Can't wait.

This show is so amazing.

My wife and I finally started watching it. I didn't watch it at all while it was airing. We are 8 episodes into season 1.

I love that there are so many moments that you think are predictable that totally turn you around. Like Sawyer's letter.
There's a lot more where that's coming from.

it's enjoyable right up to the end. The third season slows down a bit and the sixth season glosses over (or ignores) some stuff you probably want to know the answers to, but the whole show is brilliant over all.

That's pretty on the money, I mean the things they left out were pretty minor compared to the rest of the story and you have to put some thought into the rest. But going in knowing that will make a world of difference. And when I rewatched the series Season 3 really wasn't that bad, just the first six episodes are slow and watching it on dvd barely hurts the series, but it has one damn good finish. Personally I love season 2, and season 5 was probably the funnest season of the series.
The LOST Season 6 soundtrack comes out one week from today. It's 2 1/2 hours of music over 2 discs, and I believe it's Michael Giacchino's best season overall. I mean, he literally composed a new theme for every single episode of the season, and the music for "The End" is brilliance. Can't wait.

I must get this.

I really enjoyed Lost throughout but watching superb shows like The Wire, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad between seasons five and six really hurt the show for me. Despite the satisfying conclusion, I felt season six was the weakest (though it may be stronger when rewatching now that we know the purpose of the sideways universe) and it's not because we didn't get any answers - it's that I didn't like the type of answers we actually got.

While I do look forward to watching the whole show again, I'm honestly tired of talking about Lost. E, I hope you continue to enjoy the show.

Last edited:
While I do look forward to watching the whole show again, I'm honestly tired of talking about Lost. E, I hope you continue to enjoy the show.

You know I usually feel the same way until someone mentions Lost then I feel like talking about it all over again.

You know I usually feel the same way until someone mentions Lost then I feel like talking about it all over again.

If I wasn't trying to watch 1000 other shows at the moment, I would probably try and watch it alongside E.

I really enjoyed Lost throughout but watching superb shows like The Wire, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad between seasons five and six really hurt the show for me. Despite the satisfying conclusion, I felt season six was the weakest (though it may be stronger when rewatching now that we know the purpose of the sideways universe) and it's not because we didn't get any answers - it's that I didn't like the type of answers we actually got.

I know realistically it's pretty unlikely that the show can keep up the same cleverness and intensity 100% like the first 8 (or more) episodes do, but as long as it's not a drop of in quality comparable to Heroes I think I will be good.

This show is so amazing.

My wife and I finally started watching it. I didn't watch it at all while it was airing. We are 8 episodes into season 1.

I love that there are so many moments that you think are predictable that totally turn you around. Like Sawyer's letter.

Season 1 is the best, but Season 2 is pretty strong as well. I just started re-watching it last week myself, now that Season 6 is out on DVD (and I just picked it up).

Re-watching it now that I've seen the end, I'm surprised at how much foreshadowing went unnoticed on my previous watchthroughs (I must've watched Season 1 in its entirety at least 5-6 times).

There are some dissappointments along the way, but overall its an incredible show, despite what all the "intellectual cynics" think.

While I do look forward to watching the whole show again, I'm honestly tired of talking about Lost.

Then go outside and get some of that Kiwi sun.

I know realistically it's pretty unlikely that the show can keep up the same cleverness and intensity 100% like the first 8 (or more) episodes do, but as long as it's not a drop of in quality comparable to Heroes I think I will be good.

Nowhere near the drop in quality Heroes had. Lost is a great show even in its worst instances...Heroes Season 1 was amazing...the rest of the show was utter trash.

Like Harry Potter, I will talk about Lost until I go blue in the face.

The quality of Lost is pretty consistent in its first two seasons, the third is when the realized the show needed some adjustments, the fourth on are just frustrating until the very satisfying ending.

I on the other hand missed talking about it. E, I'm glad you're watching it so we can discuss it some more!

Cool. I can't watch it without my wife and she works nights during the week so I only get to watch it on weekends. Hopefully we can continue to watch 4-5 episodes at a time.

SO i just watched the epilogue...

It was kind of cool i guess. They basically threw out a bunch of quick answers for stuff (
the pregnancies, room 21, the polar bears, Pierre Chang's aliases, the food drops, Hurleybird - but really who cared about that one
) and suggested that there would be some resolution to
Walt and Michael's story

I would love a low budget miniseries with
Walt, Hurley, and Ben
as a follow up. Actually, I really want a LOST TNG with them, but a miniseries would work too.

Last edited:
hey E, how's the LOST watching going?

Excellent. We just finished the episode where Eko helps John Locke find the question mark - after Michael returned and shot Ana and Libby.

One more after this and then the season 2 finale. I'm told that the season finales are pretty epic. I know Desmond comes back pretty soon so can't wait to see that. We aren't able to watch tonight because my wife works but we will Thursday night and should be able to right up on through Monday night which should get us pretty far into season 3.

It's great. Already one of my favorite shows EVAR.

Excellent. We just finished the episode where Eko helps John Locke find the question mark - after Michael returned and shot Ana and Libby.

One more after this and then the season 2 finale. I'm told that the season finales are pretty epic. I know Desmond comes back pretty soon so can't wait to see that. We aren't able to watch tonight because my wife works but we will Thursday night and should be able to right up on through Monday night which should get us pretty far into season 3.

It's great. Already one of my favorite shows EVAR.

I'm so psyched you're enjoying it. I've been re-watching it over the past couple weeks and am now mid-way through Season 6. Overall, on a scale of 5 stars, I'd rate each season as follows:

Season 1 (5 stars)
Season 2 (4 stars)
Season 3 (3 stars)
Season 4 (3 stars)
Season 5 (4 stars)
Season 6 (4 stars)

Really, Seasons 3 and 4 are the worst (worst being a relative term where "worst" when speaking in regards to Lost is still friggin' awesome, just not as good as Season 1).

I can't wait to see your opinions on the later seasons, especially Seasons 5 and 6. Also interested in your take on the end of Season 3 and the new approach to "flashbacks" in Season 4 (which continues in different ways in Seasons 5 and 6).

I would love a low budget miniseries with
Walt, Hurley, and Ben
as a follow up. Actually, I really want a LOST TNG with them, but a miniseries would work too.

Completely agree. But low budget? Why? If they're going to do it, do it right and invest a nice sum into it (like was done with the pilot, though it doesn't need to be as expensive since an actual plane fuselage wouldn't need to be bought) so it looks good. I'm not talking a huge budget, but a decent sized one.

And a TNG approach would be perfect, with Hurley and Ben taking on their new roles, and ideally Walt coming back as a main character.

If not a television mini, maybe a comic mini or graphic novel. Lost is the perfect show format for a comic or GN adaptation, after all, and it'd be easier to pull off.

Still, a TV mini would definitely work, and most likely attract the desired viewership, especially if they waited a few years before doing it.

Completely agree. But low budget? Why? If they're going to do it, do it right and invest a nice sum into it (like was done with the pilot, though it doesn't need to be as expensive since an actual plane fuselage wouldn't need to be bought) so it looks good. I'm not talking a huge budget, but a decent sized one.

And a TNG approach would be perfect, with Hurley and Ben taking on their new roles, and ideally Walt coming back as a main character.

If not a television mini, maybe a comic mini or graphic novel. Lost is the perfect show format for a comic or GN adaptation, after all, and it'd be easier to pull off.

Still, a TV mini would definitely work, and most likely attract the desired viewership, especially if they waited a few years before doing it.

well i would prefer a good-sized budget, but any loving's good loving, so I would take what I can get.

well i would prefer a good-sized budget, but any loving's good loving, so I would take what I can get.

Good point. I just figure if ABC were going to do it, they'd hopefully be smart enough to put money behind it to hire a talented, likeable cast and dedicated crew.

Really, they'd just need to get back the people who worked on the original show, though that can be tricky with crew members moving on to new projects.

Latest posts

Back