Lost *spoilers*

The full epilogue is online.

It's a bit silly and ridiculous. I read a summary of the epilogue the other day (which I now realize was fake) and it was better. Disappointing. :(

Also: hybirds. HYBIRDS.

Last edited:
Inconsequential answers were answered. Walt returns. Unfortunately, there isn't going to be a full season 7 with Hurley and Ben.

Inconsequential answers were answered. Walt returns. Unfortunately, there isn't going to be a full season 7 with Hurley and Ben.

Walt returning is enough for me. Besides, any questions unanswered by the end of the Series weren't meant to be definitivly answered, but left up to the viewers opinions to draw a conclusion, or not. It kills me that a lot of fans of the show still haven't figured out one of the points of the show was to come up with your own answers...and based on the type of answer or logic you used to get to it, in some way help shed a bit of light on the person you yourself are.

Walt returning is enough for me. Besides, any questions unanswered by the end of the Series weren't meant to be definitivly answered, but left up to the viewers opinions to draw a conclusion, or not. It kills me that a lot of fans of the show still haven't figured out one of the points of the show was to come up with your own answers...and based on the type of answer or logic you used to get to it, in some way help shed a bit of light on the person you yourself are.

Definitely, I think this is just for the tiny answers except for Walt everything significant has been answered or enough detail given for the audience to discuss.

My biggest problem is
they still don't say why Walt is special, only reiterate that he is.

What I wish would have happened is if instead of Miles, we got the older Walt return to the island and we learn that Walt's mother was somehow tied to the island, that he was actually born there. Or something. Walt's story was THE story everyone followed above all from the beginning, as it was the segway into the magical stuff, but after that... People kind of just began losing interest.

Matthew Fox Has Never Watched Lost

Despite all of the progress he made as a character and all of the sacrifices he made for his friends and beloved Island, the Emmy nominated actor claims he's never seen an episode of the series.

Really? I mean I know the cast use to get together and watch I thought he would have, I know Sayid didn't, but Fox surprises me

So I just receive the complete series as a gift, lots of cool stuff in this box. And I finally got to see the "New Man in Charge" short. It was good but I feel it could have included more. The rest goes into the Spoiler tags:

I thought it explained a lot of things very well and to me laid to rest why they didn't answer these thing in the show. Just flat out saying these seemed very unnatural and I agree with the creators that if answering them hampers the story being told by going out the way, best to stick with telling the best story you can.

But I loved the answers but I just wish the thing was longer. What I would like is for this to be the first half, which focus on dharma. And to have a second half take place on the island focusing on the more spiritual questions. I would love to see Hurley and Ben take Walt to the cave of light or even the lighthouse explaining why it and the cave can be hidden. Elaborate on the whispers and what it means to be special. But most of all I would kill to see a Walt Michael reunion. But I guess doing all that would push their budget too far. Still would be awesome. Also, I really like the idea of Walt checking himself in the mental institution.

Also while reflecting on this I have a theory to answer what I said above. Since the light exist in everyone I believe that being special means the light or energy burns brighter, which is more happenstance that gets confused with destiny. As a result they exhibit special awareness gives you insight and the ability to commune with the dead. When you become the guardian the light grows greater than anyone else, but this takes time to fully understand. This shows how Jack instinctively know what needs to be done. And since this light is connected to souls and the afterlife there are roaming pockets of energy that allows the whispers to be heard. As for the smoke monster I think that's the result of the light getting burnt out leaving his soul just a smoke of that light and when the plug was pulled the release of energy reignited that light thus making him mortal. I think that fits pretty well.

Also in the complete series is a page from the Black Rock Journal which has journal entries of the days leading up to there crash and it seems they've been having some time travel mischief sailing around the island and turns out the exchange of gun fire on outriggers in season 5 was against a Black Rock away team. Not sure how they ended up in the present, maybe they path to and from the ship shifted them through time like Faraday's rocket or if a flash was edited out or forgotten. But the rest of the journal talks about time travel. I see why they didn't include that in season 6, probably that the black rock would focus on the crew than just Alpert.

Last edited:
I didn't think Lost this season was better than Breaking Bad. I think the Emmy's were fair. Too bad Lost couldn't deliver in its last season.

This show is so amazing.

My wife and I finally started watching it. I didn't watch it at all while it was airing. We are 8 episodes into season 1.

I love that there are so many moments that you think are predictable that totally turn you around. Like Sawyer's letter.

it's enjoyable right up to the end. The third season slows down a bit and the sixth season glosses over (or ignores) some stuff you probably want to know the answers to, but the whole show is brilliant over all.

Latest posts

Back