#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Moritz Wants Foxx for Luke Cage
Source: About.com
April 19, 2005

Producer Neal Moritz gave an update on Luke Cage to About.com:

Who would you like to play Luke Cage?
Jamie Foxx

Have you met with Jamie Foxx on the Luke Cage project?
I talked to him about it, yeah. I don't know if it'll happen but I know he's wanting to do it.

Does Jamie Foxx read the Luke Cage comic books?
He likes them, yes.

Since Luke Cage is a lesser known comic book superhero, would you sell it as a comic book movie or just a cool character?
I'd sell it as a character.

John Singleton is attached to direct the Marvel comic book adaptation for Columbia Pictures.

I like Jaime Foxx. I do not see him as Cage. Original rumors that had 50 cent playing Cage actually held my interest. I'm not a fan of 50' Cent as a person but he'd probably make the best Power Man.

The fact that Moritz wants Foxx leads me to believe he doesn't even read the comics and just wants a big name to play the character.

I want to see at least a 'test' with Jamie as Luke Cage. I also like the idea of 50 as Luke. In my head that just sounds like an awesome idea.

I do wonder what story they would write for this. And if they'll put in Jessica Jones, too. That'd be cool!

SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Patriot said:
Who's Jamie Foxx?And yeah,50 fulfills bulletproof already!
Go rent Ray, Collateral, and Bait. Thats Jamie Foxx.

ANd I think he's a little too small to play Cage. They'd have to make him look taler to pull it off. Not sure who I'd cast though, probably look for someone who fits the look of the part before worrying about a name.

In my opinion Jamie is out of this movie's league. I'd rather have some unknown actor play him if they were going to make such a movie.

They shouldn't sell the movie as a comic book movie. Not too many people know who Cage is...

Baxter said:
Shave his head and bulk him up a little and he'd make a decent T'challa.

Wow...you're right. :shock:

If they make 50 cent Luke Cage I'll shoot him. And everyone else involved in the film.

moonmaster said:
If they make 50 cent Luke Cage I'll shoot him. And everyone else involved in the film.
I'll join you. Just for the chance to shoot "Fiddy".

So is the Game going to play Iron Fist?

Baxter said:
The Game? And is Iron Fist even going to be in the movie?

Lil' Kim is playing Misty Knights, Ludacris is playing Black Panther, and Lil' Jon is playing the Falcon.

(j/k)

moonmaster said:
Lil' Kim is playing Misty Knights(j/k)
Hahahaha, she's going to jail now. She's been conviced of perjury in a shooting case and could be gone for 20 years or so.

moonmaster said:
Lil' Kim is playing Misty Knights, Ludacris is playing Black Panther, and Lil' Jon is playing the Falcon.

(j/k)
There are but 2 sane reactions. Disgust or Rejoycement. Guess wich camp I've fallen into.

Caduceus said:
Hahahaha, she's going to jail now. She's been conviced of perjury in a shooting case and could be gone for 20 years or so.

Thats cuz she's gangsta yo. Y'all got a problem with Lil' Kim? She's the pioneer of the 'bikini and fur coat' look.

moonmaster said:
Thats cuz she's gangsta yo. Y'all got a problem with Lil' Kim? She's the pioneer of the 'bikini and fur coat' look.
Wich we all know to be the next wave in long lasting fasion.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly not to mention Foxx is a more respectable member of society as is Black Panther.
Although, Wesley Snipes has already been approached for Black Panther, and he has said he'll do it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
50' Cent is Luke Cage because he's street.
Word! (Insert gangster smily here)

Latest posts

Back