Marvel Cartoon Discussion

Steve GMan

Alright, this is a thinly-veiled excuse to ask a really trivial cartoon question, but I figure we can spin it into something greater after that.

Anyway, those who are familiar with the original X-Men cartoon probably remember the episode where Gladiator comes down to take Lilandra, but Juggernaut opposes him only to get himself thrown into the ocean.

Now, my question is that I distincly remember in another cartoon (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man... I don't know) somebody flying above the water, and we see Juggernaut's hand reach above the surface.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

And after that, Marvel really had some good cartoons., hopefully they'll put them on DVD. I would definitely get all of X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and I plan to pick up FF.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I'd just like to say that the Spider-Man cartoon from the mid-ninties is one of the best cartoons ever made(along with Justice League and Batman:TAS). I still have a whole bunch of episodes on tape from when I was about 5 or 6 and I watch them every year. I will definitely get the whole series on DVD when it comes out. I also have a bunch of X-Men episodes on tape but not the one you're talking about.

I wish Marvel would hire Bruce Timm to create a quality Marvel animated universe.

Steve GMan said:
Alright, this is a thinly-veiled excuse to ask a really trivial cartoon question, but I figure we can spin it into something greater after that.

Anyway, those who are familiar with the original X-Men cartoon probably remember the episode where Gladiator comes down to take Lilandra, but Juggernaut opposes him only to get himself thrown into the ocean.

Now, my question is that I distincly remember in another cartoon (Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man... I don't know) somebody flying above the water, and we see Juggernaut's hand reach above the surface.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

And after that, Marvel really had some good cartoons., hopefully they'll put them on DVD. I would definitely get all of X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and I plan to pick up FF.

In the coming or Galactus episode of Fantastic Four was when it was showed. It also showed Spider-Man and the X-men out of costume.

thee great one said:
In the coming or Galactus episode of Fantastic Four was when it was showed. It also showed Spider-Man and the X-men out of costume.

Really? Huh, well its been a long time I guess.

Did anyone ever watch the Ghost Rider cartoon that was on briefly?

thee great one said:

I love you. Truly, madly, deeply.

Iceshadow said:
Really? Huh, well its been a long time I guess.

Did anyone ever watch the Ghost Rider cartoon that was on briefly?

Yeah. From what I remember (I was young) it was alright. What I saw of Hulk and Silver Surfer wasn't too bad either.

I like Project's idea of a Bruce Timm/Paul Dini cartoon Marvel U. If JLU really does end, then who knows what may happen with those guys.

Dude, I absolutely loved the X-Men cartoon from the 90s. Wish they'd put the whole series on DVD already :(.

ProjectX2 said:
I wish Marvel would hire Bruce Timm to create a quality Marvel animated universe.
I absolutely agree. Bruce Timm is directly responsible for me not even wanting to pick up a DC book because the cartoons are just so satisfying, and I really love good cartoons with good voice acting and good direction. I'm a freak for them.

And you know what? The concept behind Justice League Unlimited would work even better with The Avengers since the roster for that team is so huge, there's absolutely no limit to which characters you could pluck. I mean for God's sake, Rage was an Avenger!

In fact, the range of character motivations and personalities is even broader than it would be for the JLU, and I'm not saying that to pooh-pooh DC, but because its true.

The very faults of the Avengers franchise would become its strengths in this reimagined property, possibly embracing some of the aspects that Joe Casey used to 'explain' the apparent faults of the Avengers in his Earth's Mightiest Heroes mini-series with Scott Kolins.

Oh god, now I'm going to wet myself with a fantasy voice casting of B-grade Avengers.

Yea, I was a big X-Men, Spider-Man, Tick, Batman, and Savage Dragon watcher back then. I remember Silver surfer came on for like 3 episodes I thought it was pretty good but it must've been cancelled immediately because I never saw it again. Tick was the SHIZNITE!!!

I loved the Spidey and X-men cartoon. What sucks is that no new series would ever be that good, for example MTV Spider-man was horrible, and the new Fantastic Four isnt looking that good. I wish that the new line of cartoons would be based on the ultimate line (mixed with 616) like the new ultimate avengers movie, and have them intersect each other often. But no way in hell would that happen

Nurhachi said:
Im busy downloading all 65 episodes of the Spidey cartoon right now. Its gonna take a while.

Oh, but how worth it it will be.

Random said:
I loved the Spidey and X-men cartoon. What sucks is that no new series would ever be that good, for example MTV Spider-man was horrible, and the new Fantastic Four isnt looking that good. I wish that the new line of cartoons would be based on the ultimate line (mixed with 616) like the new ultimate avengers movie, and have them intersect each other often. But no way in hell would that happen

I liked the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon where he went to another planet... it was like a continuation of the original series. Too bad it only had about 13 episodes.

Steve GMan said:
Oh, but how worth it it will be.

I liked the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon where he went to another planet... it was like a continuation of the original series. Too bad it only had about 13 episodes.

I thought it was a mix of regular spidey and 2099.

DC continues to pump out the good cartoons since Batman the AS. Marvel needs to take some notes.

Image needs to get back on their game too. Savage Dragon and Spawn were great. Wildcats was iffy. But Savage Dragon and Spawn were some of my favorites. They should try and get some of their stuff on TV again.

Steve GMan said:
I didn't like anything about that cartoon, Spidey going to another world? not good for a whole series. But I did like how it was a continuation of the 90 series.

Random said:
continuation of the 90 series.
I guess it was... I forgot all about that. They still had the 2099 suit. Anyway, maybe it's time for a Deadpool cartoon. They could show it on adult swim. Because Deadpool and BlackPanther are two characters that are screaming to be put into mainstream consciousness.

Steve GMan said:
I love you. Truly, madly, deeply.

Did you just quote Savage Garden to describe your love for him? That's so emo. I bet your little sister's jeans fit great don't they? :lol:

As for the idea of an animated Marvel cartoon...I wholeheartedly agree. Except I think they should stay away from X-Men this time. Pick another group.

The Avengers is a great idea. I would actually like to see a Tim animated version of the Avengers with each episode's story based on each issue as a storyboard. Each comic is roughly 20-25 pages. If you stretch out some dialougue and really forcus on the action scenes...you could make a 30 minute cartoon out of each issue. That way it would pay to actually tune in each week to follow the arc.

Although with it following an arc.....the casual fan misses out on the episode if they didn't see last week's one. Hmmmmmmmm............

Synch said:
Wildcats was iffy.....

Yeah....but you know you loved that theme song.

Synch said:
I guess it was... I forgot all about that. They still had the 2099 suit. Anyway, maybe it's time for a Deadpool cartoon. They could show it on adult swim. Because Deadpool and BlackPanther are two characters that are screaming to be put into mainstream consciousness.

Amen to both them characters brother!!

The more I think about the Marvel Action Hour™, the more I like it. I don't remember the shows being dumbed down, and Spider-Woman was sexy as all hell.

Victor Von Doom said:
Did you just quote Savage Garden to describe your love for him? That's so emo.

Jealous much?

Victor Von Doom said:
I bet your little sister's jeans fit great don't they? :lol:

Not as good as her panties.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back