Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I noticed they don't bring up the fact Coulson provided Fury with the Helicarrier (Agents of Shield season two finale) that he used in Age of Ultron. :(
They still might. The Hulk page in there is a character history rather than a movie history, which implies the book will cover both concepts.

I'll bet the research this collective group has done is far more thorough than the time put into this book. I hope I'm wrong though.
I mean, they use words like 'early' and 'spring' for how narrowed in their timeline placements are, so we are already far more intricate and detailed then the book will ever be. I'm really looking forward to it to pin down some of the more vague entries post Endgame if I'm being honest. The one thing that they won't do though, is established reasons why something is here or there in a certain year. It'll just be the next film/show without any explanation.

Wouldn't it be funny though if in the references page at the back of the book, it says 'thecomicboard.com'. I'd laugh really really hard.

I wonder how they actually end up connecting Iron Man 1 and 2? I know IM2 starts simultaneously with the ending of IM1, but the "6 Months Later" would only take us to 2009 at the very latest.
I think at this point it's best to see it as 2 options.

a). The movie begins in May 2008 and it takes Ivan until November 2009 to complete his armor.
b). Vanko and his father aren't watching "I Am Iron Man" live and the movie begins in November 2009. Given his father's hatred for Howard and most likely Tony, it makes sense he would have recorded the speech and hate watch it. Ivan telling him to turn it off could be because it's a continuing thing his father does.

We see a number of news articles and magazine covers that show time passage in the opening montage. Whether it's the montage itself or they were already there pre-montage, I think it's easy to see how Ivan can't finish his armor in May 2008.
2010 for Fury's Big Week... huh
I think it's a good compromise with all the evidence. The main contradiction to this is Fury's "last year" comment when referring to the events of Thor. 2010 fits with Natasha's "over a year without an incident " line with Bruce, fits with the 2010 Stark Expo promo, fits with the Monaco Grand Prix falling in May 2010, brings Iron Man 2 around its release date, Thor around its filming date, and The Incredible Hulk closer to its release date, and it allows more time for Tony to turn the Metlife Building into Stark Tower.

One issue I have though is how the week in What-If is shown. The nexus event in What-If shouldn't affect that portion of the timeline and it should match with the MCU. That episode begins with Tony at Randy's Donuts on a Monday which would mean it's May 31st, 2010. This is meant to be the day after his birthday party with his birthday falling on May 29th. I guess we could assume that while his birthday was the 29th, he didn't have the party until the 30th, but 2011 would have fit these days perfectly.

Latest posts

Back