Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Is the breakdown video showing a point in the book that insinuates that?
Yes, Malekith is discussed on Pages 101-104 which would be TDW, and Maya Hansen is discussed on Pages 106-108 implying that her story in the MCU takes place after Malekith's. Like I said, in the more complicated years, based on how the pages for characters are broken down, they take a year and go through it chronologically from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Otherwise why jump around like that on pages during each year?

I think it would be better to just wait until the book releases and we can see every page in it's entirety, before jumping into such strong conclusions.
Yeah, these pages we're looking at don't automatically show up in the page previews UNTIL you click on the book icon.
So 1.) that was an error/leak on Amazon's part and 2.) Who's to say that wasn't an earlier draft of the book's layout?

So I guess they'll have some kind of explanation for the "6 months later" from Iron Man 2, sort of like we do? Where the whiplash montage is 2008-2009 or so, and then "6 months later"?

And for Homecoming, maybe a disclaimer, "We messed up. That was supposed to say 4 years later. Oopsie!" would be nice...

Yeah, it all seems okay to me except Iron Man 3. Was fine with the book not acknowledging AoS, but forcing it out of continuity sucks. But I'm already trying to find a way to no-prize it in my head

Yeah, it all seems okay to me except Iron Man 3. Was fine with the book not acknowledging AoS, but forcing it out of continuity sucks. But I'm already trying to find a way to no-prize it in my head
In some of the YouTube comments on that guy's video, they have an explanation for that. AoS only mentioned the Extremis, right, and they said it was new. Those guys could have been messing with it before the events of the movie... I mean it works, I guess.

Now back to Iron Man 2. Yes. The movie has to take place in 2010 or 2011. Did we ever an explanation for in the courtroom near the beginning, Hammer says something to the effect of "six months ago..." so and so. Are we just saying he's referring to some other event that we didn't see?

Yeah just watched A bit of Everything's video on the index and I am strongly against this book now (even though they could be early draft pages of the book it's highly likely that they aren't and are in fact the finished product)
I was ok with the non Disney + shows not making an appearance as I'm focused on getting concrete evidence for the phase 4 stuff like the order of Eternals/Wandavision or Wandavision/Eternals or the actual placement of Thor 4 because I'm beyond stumped with that one but now you're telling me that they put the Disney+ timeline (which was already on wobbly ground in terms of some of its placements) and just copied and pasted it in a book I'm sorry buts that's just absurd. Unless we find any small details in the book that works with our understanding of events then I'll consider it money well spent but for the rest of the book hard pass (Star Wars team did such a great job with theirs and this just confirms that whoever is Marvel's Timeline keeper,whether they are real or imaginary, needs to be sacked)

Everyone, I am planning to stop work on the MCU timeline.

It's nothing to do with the timeline book, I already privately told other users before the pandemic I was planning to stop due to lack of interest in continuing the work and not being a fan of several MCU movies.
Besides Shang-Chi, Guardians Vol. 3 and a few of the Disney+ shows being good, and NWH and Wakanda Forever being okay, I also haven't enjoyed Marvel Studios' output since Endgame, so that's also been a factor. And I'm also uninterested about the controversies on the book's film placements.

I plan on stopping before the timeline book releases, and since Loki S2 is the next thing to come out, and it'll end a few weeks after the book comes out, I figure it's as good a time as any to announce this.

Is anyone interested in continuing the timeline in a new thread?

Last edited:

It's nothing to do with the timeline book, I already privately told other users before the pandemic I was planning to stop due to lack of interest in continuing the work and not being a fan of several MCU movies.
Besides Shang-Chi and a few of the Disney+ shows being good, and NWH and Wakanda Forever being okay, I also haven't enjoyed Marvel Studios' output since Endgame, so that's also been a factor. And I'm also uninterested about the controversies on the book's film placements.

I plan on stopping before the timeline book releases, and since Loki S2 is the next thing to come out, and it'll end a few weeks after the book comes out, I figure it's as good a time as any to announce this.

Listen, I understand where you are coming from. I just recently went through the same thing for the past few years. But I believe as the MCU beings to course correct, your passion will return. I've spent countless hours of my life in this forum creating a chronological viewing order for friends and family based on this timeline. To see it all end after so many years put into it is downright heartbreaking! Please re-consider!

Besides Shang-Chi and a few of the Disney+ shows being good, and NWH and Wakanda Forever being okay, I also haven't enjoyed Marvel Studios' output since Endgame, so that's also been a factor. And I'm also uninterested about the controversies on the book's film placements.

I understand you, I had to take about a year's leave of MCU too, because I was not satisfied with the direction (or the lack of direction) it's heading towards. Returning and binging the stuff I missed out gave me a new bump, but now I feel myself burning out yet again. It was so much more interesting, where we had movies, comics, series in different networks. It's not the same since Endgame. Regardless I do hope you will find the spark to keep going later, I'm hoping for changes too. If not, thank you for managing the timeline through the years!

I'm gonna echo Kinard. Believe me, I know how you feel. I was as ecstatic as anyone when WandaVision began and lost a LOT of energy and interest in the MCU as Phase 4 drug on. I barely even mustered the energy to get tickets for AM3 and that was supposed to START Phase 5. However, I have rewatched what's available in the saga recently and once I got to AM3 again I realized that all that drudgery was finally paying off. I enjoyed AM3 (I know a lot didn't but my Kang theory I posted a while back makes me feel much differently about the film than most), and GOTG 3 was amazing. The rumors circling Cap 4 (remember way back when MK 'might' be in a project with Cap soon?) and a couple other things happening behind the scenes (Iger admitting the MCU lost focus, the cutting way back on shows, and re-direction of where its all going) and I feel like a corner was turned without us actually realizing it.

I think the worst is behind us now that Secret Invasion is done, and I hope I'm right that it'll start getting better again. That is all to say, I hope you stick it out, but do understand if you decide to follow your heart and be done. Lord knows there is plenty of reasons to point at in agreement recently, but again, I'm once again hopeful that the MCU is turning a new corner.

Sorry guys, as I mentioned, I didn't consider myself a fan of the MCU as a whole even before the pandemic since I don't care for a number of movies in the first three phases. I decided to give Phases Four and Five a shot, but since the movies were generally not improving on what came before, I am deciding to call it quits.
Even if it wasn't for the quality declining, I still want to stop working on this since it has been very boring for me.

Once again, if anyone is interested in continuing the timeline in a new thread, please let me know.

Once the book is out, I wonder if, as a group, we'll decide that the book is gospel and that is the new timeline that we all agree upon. If so, this thread can probably be edited to move things around to match the book. Really should not be a very involved process. Once that is done, someone can create a new thread, "Phase Five and Beyond", as no further editing to Phase 1 through 4 should be needed.

Once the book is out, I wonder if, as a group, we'll decide that the book is gospel and that is the new timeline that we all agree upon. If so, this thread can probably be edited to move things around to match the book. Really should not be a very involved process. Once that is done, someone can create a new thread, "Phase Five and Beyond", as no further editing to Phase 1 through 4 should be needed.
There is no way the book is going to be fully agreed upon. I guarantee we have all put way more thought into this timeline than the writers of that book.

True, but I was thinking the actual days and stuff (and non Marvel Studios projects) could mostly stay the same, just update some years (such as Fury's Big Week to 2010) and stuff. And whatever is going on with Iron Man 3.

Sorry guys, as I mentioned, I didn't consider myself a fan of the MCU as a whole even before the pandemic since I don't care for a number of movies in the first three phases. I decided to give Phases Four and Five a shot, but since the movies were generally not improving on what came before, I am deciding to call it quits.
Even if it wasn't for the quality declining, I still want to stop working on this since it has been very boring for me.

Once again, if anyone is interested in continuing the timeline in a new thread, please let me know.
Phase 4 and 5 were so Good that I started re-reading 1960s Marvel's comics ahahahah .

I could take the role. I respect your work and DIRISHB's work so much, and I want it continued to the best of my ability. My only problem with this is breaking things down minute by minute and so I will need some help. Otherwise I want to be as helpful as possible.

Latest posts

Back