Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

I'd be happy to break up Scepter'd Isle by the online page numbers in the mean time/in addition. Might make the timeline look messy, though.

Here's a preliminary breakdown:

During Avengers – pages 1-5
Between Avengers and Winter Soldier – pages 6-50
During Winter Soldier – pages 51-68

Oh, I have the digital version, but I always wait for the print version of the Infinite comics (collected in the TPB). They always end up having far less pages due to them overlaying extra dialogue in the same panels, etc. Once the TPB comes out I'd always appreciate help in ironing out the print page numbers in relation to how it'll work on the timeline.

If I had to guess, I'd say the printed version would break down something like this:

During Avengers – pages 1-2
Between Avengers and Winter Soldier – pages 3-16
During Winter Soldier – pages 17-20

Think the Avengers - Age of Ultron and Ant-Man Prelude TPBs come out in the next several months, so I'll get it updated then.

This may help narrow down Daredevil's placement on the timeline:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NovasSpace/news/?a=116247

Notice the Spring, 2015 date. That would indicate that Daredevil occurs sometime before Spring, 2015, therefore likely occurring before Avengers - Age of Ultron (assuming AoU's timeline placement corresponds with real time). If I had to guess I'd say it occurs around late Winter or early Spring, 2015 (pretty close to its real world premiere date).

Read the Ant-Man - Scott Lang: Small Time Infinite comic. I'll have to wait for the TPB of the Ant-Man Prelude to come out so I can break it up by page number (due to the differing page numbers between the digital Infinite version and the print version), as well as see if the movie sheds more light on when Scott went to jail/how long his sentence was.

Does anyone knows which episode of AOS will be effected of the events of AOU?
There is an episode on may the 5th (4 days after the US premire). the question is if they will wait untill the episode of may the 12th in oreder to not spoil the movie to the ones who didn't watched it yet (Unlike what they did with CA:TWS)

There is an episode on may the 5th (4 days after the US premire). the question is if they will wait untill the episode of may the 12th in oreder to not spoil the movie to the ones who didn't watched it yet (Unlike what they did with CA:TWS)

I think they will probably do it very similarly to last time.

I think they will probably do it very similarly to last time.

If we can judge by past film crossovers, there will be 3-5 episodes which tie in to the Avengers. After TDW, there were two episodes with Asgardians (8 and 15), plus one which dealt with the convergence (9). After TWS, there were five that overlapped directly with SHIELD breaking up (16-20). After GotG, much of the first half of Season 2 led to the Kree City under Puerto Rico, but it is really the last five episodes (7-11) which directly tie in to the Kree, and therefore GotG.

Although there's not much evidence that tie-ins boost ratings (and therefore Disney's profits), fans do clamor for them, so I'd plan to see at least an end-credits tie-in (or a preview) during the April 28th episode, then full tie-ins in the remaining three episodes of the season.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post - ignore this one.
I CAN'T!
If we can judge by past film crossovers, there will be 3-5 episodes which tie in to the Avengers. After TDW, there were two episodes with Asgardians (8 and 15), plus one which dealt with the convergence (9). After TWS, there were five that overlapped directly with SHIELD breaking up (16-20). After GotG, much of the first half of Season 2 led to the Kree City under Puerto Rico, but it is really the last five episodes (7-11) which directly tie in to the Kree, and therefore GotG.

Although there's not much evidence that tie-ins boost ratings (and therefore Disney's profits), fans do clamor for them, so I'd plan to see at least an end-credits tie-in (or a preview) during the April 28th episode, then full tie-ins in the remaining three episodes of the season.

I think what Roey Barda was asking (although maybe I'm wrong) is if he doesn't watch Avengers 2 on the opening weekend, will watching the episode of AOS that comes out directly afterwards spoil some aspect of the movie. The answer is probably yes, that's what happened with Cap 2.

I think what Roey Barda was asking (although maybe I'm wrong) is if he doesn't watch Avengers 2 on the opening weekend, will watching the episode of AOS that comes out directly afterwards spoil some aspect of the movie. The answer is probably yes, that's what happened with Cap 2.

Highly likely, and better safe than sorry.

Highly likely, and better safe than sorry.
exactly.

Yeah, and I love how they've done these tie-ins. I mean, they've kind of framed the show so that only die-hard fans of the MCU will really care, which maybe is shooting themselves in the foot a bit, but I love it. The way they crossed AoS and TWS was incredible. With Sitwell, and the Clairvoyant/algorithm, and the fall of SHIELD. You could watch one without the other and get a full story but watching both together made the experience that much more rich. It was really well done and I'm looking forward to how they do it with AoU.

Somebody posted this thread on Reddit today in /r/marvel.

Sweet.

Don't know for sure, and none of us will until they do an official press release advertising the crossover and synopsis/episode titles for them. So probably not for another three weeks or so. I do expect the AoS episodes that air the Tuesday before and the Tuesday after to likely directly tie into Age of Ultron. How that'll be accomplished remains to be seen. Will there just be a reference in dialogue as to the events in the film? Perhaps. But like the previous episode tie-ins to the major MCU film released at that time, I expect a good 2-4 episode arc surrounding Age of Ultron's release. That'll also allow the show to ride the wave of increased viewership that'll spike as a result of its crossover with the film (pretty sure the previous film tie in episodes saw ratings spikes) into Sweeps week (when many shows air their season finales). I have a feeling they may air episodes 21 and 22 on the same night (May 12) to capitalize on Sweeps week and the remaining viewership increase following AoU's release in theaters.

I'll try to make my question more clear. Although in the case of Thor 2 and CA:TWS there were multiple AOS episodes who tied-in with the movies, there was a very specific CORRECT order to watch them in a chronological manner.
In the case of The Dark World it was: Episodes 1-7 , Thor: The Dark world, episode 8 ("The Well"), etc. because episode 8 took place right after the events of the movie.
In the case of CA:TWS it was: Episodes 9-16, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, episode 17 ("Turn, Turn, Turn"), etc. because episode 16 took place right before the events of the movie (example: Sitwell leaving to the the Lemurian Star), and episode 17 took place during and after the events of the movie (example: footage of the falling hellicariers from the movie in the end of the episode).
So my question is does anybody knows what will be the CORRECT order to watch the series and the AOU movie?

Editing: Just now noticed your answer DIrishB, thanks.

Last edited:
Don't know for sure, and none of us will until they do an official press release advertising the crossover and synopsis/episode titles for them. So probably not for another three weeks or so. I do expect the AoS episodes that air the Tuesday before and the Tuesday after to likely directly tie into Age of Ultron. How that'll be accomplished remains to be seen. Will there just be a reference in dialogue as to the events in the film? Perhaps. But like the previous episode tie-ins to the major MCU film released at that time, I expect a good 2-4 episode arc surrounding Age of Ultron's release. That'll also allow the show to ride the wave of increased viewership that'll spike as a result of its crossover with the film (pretty sure the previous film tie in episodes saw ratings spikes) into Sweeps week (when many shows air their season finales). I have a feeling they may air episodes 21 and 22 on the same night (May 12) to capitalize on Sweeps week and the remaining viewership increase following AoU's release in theaters.

That's the thing, none of us will know until those episodes air and we've seen Age of Ultron. The solicits for the episodes (which should pop up online in 3-4 weeks for those specific episodes) may shed some light on that. Then again, they may not. Best answer: we just have to wait and see.

That said, they've been pretty good about releasing the tie-in episodes of AoS in order with the film's release that those episodes tie into. So I figure, Episode 2x19 may have some lead-in or teaser that ties into the events in Age of Ultron. The movie itself comes out a few days later, and a few days after that AoS Episode 2x20 airs and likely occurs during AoU (or possibly after), and I think Episodes 2x21 and 2x22 may both air the following week, to take advantage of May Sweeps week. Given the likely ratings bump the AoU tie in episodes will see, that may work out best for the show's sweeps ratings.

We won't know for another 7 1/2 - 9 weeks (for both the film and relating episodes).

Once they air, I assure you I'll do my best to overlap them with the film should that be how it plays out. Of course, we'll have to wait for the film's DVD/Bluray release before I can fully break up AoU and add its time coding in (should I need to insert portions of the AoS crossover episodes), so that probably won't be until October or so before it's fully laid out (assuming crossovers occur that involve overlapping portions of the film and show, even if those are only background news reports or dialogue in the show itself that helps place how those episodes overlap with the film.

So, it's a good 6-7 months from being fully updated as far as the Age of Ultron film and its AoS tie in episodes, unfortunately.

I believe there was a reference to "last year" this past episode. Do any of you know the context and if it lines up with the established timeline?

I believe there was a reference to "last year" this past episode. Do any of you know the context and if it lines up with the established timeline?

There was. If I recall correctly it was a reference to Sif's appearance on the show in the first season. Either way, the way I have it positioned now, it should work either way (since season 1 lasts from Sept to Oct 2013 and Season 2 begins sometime in 2014... presumably stretching into 2015 to overlap with Avengers - Age of Ultron).

Thanks. I think it's still Summer or fall 2014. It's a little hard to tell but we were definitely a few months before the election earlier in the season and it doesn't seem like that much time has passed. I kind a hope they'll be a time job in the next few episodes to help increase the believability that we're now in 2015. Of course it's possible that all Ultron does not occur in 2015 but that's probably unlikely.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think it's still Summer or fall 2014. It's a little hard to tell but we were definitely a few months before the election earlier in the season and it doesn't seem like that much time has passed.

I know. I had placed everything through Episode 16 in 2014 to sort of account for that. But it's likely AoU is indeed set in 2015. If by some chance we see an onscreen date of 2014 and AoS has episodes towards the end of its season crossing over, that makes it simple...

I doubt it'll be simple...

:(

I kind a hope they'll be a time job in the next few episodes to help increase the believability that we're now in 2015. Of course it's possible that all Ultron does not occur in 2015 but that's probably unlikely.

Yeah. It's possible we may see a jump in time. If not, I don't know. I'll pore through Season 2 again and try to see if I can't insert a nice jump forward to account for the shift from 2014-2015z

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back