Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

So in the Infinity War trailer,
there is a scene with Peter Parker in a school bus, meaning it likely takes place during the school year.

If they're still planning on having the Homecoming sequel be set during his junior year, that places Infinity War (and likely Avengers 4) either between March and June 2017, or between September 2017 and June 2018,
unless time travel is involved.

It's likely it'll be set around time of release, so IW (and A4 depending on how long after it occurs) probably occurs toward latter portion of his sophomore year—the early part of his sophomore year (Sept-Oct) we saw in Homecoming. Homecoming 2 will probably be set sometime during his junior year (sometime between Sept, 2018 - June, 2019).

I think it's a safe bet to assume the Spidey sequel will muck up continuity.

But I remember reading that Homecoming 2 will begin mere seconds after the end of A4. So if there's not a big time jump after IW, it could all take place around May 2018 and still work out to be his junior year. If A4 ends up being in late 2018 or even 2019, it'd have to be his senior year.

That's just going off of the "correct" timeline. Going by the whack Sony timeline that puts Homecoming in 2017... hurts my head to think about lol.

Yeah, and that should work out fine, long as IW doesn't mention him as being in his junior year (though if it does that'd push IW to later part of 2018, September or later at least).

It's likely it'll be set around time of release, so IW (and A4 depending on how long after it occurs) probably occurs toward latter portion of his sophomore year—the early part of his sophomore year (Sept-Oct) we saw in Homecoming. Homecoming 2 will probably be set sometime during his junior year (sometime between Sept, 2018 - June, 2019).

Yeah, and that should work out fine, long as IW doesn't mention him as being in his junior year (though if it does that'd push IW to later part of 2018, September or later at least).

The way we currently have the timeline, his high school career goes:

Freshman: September 2015 - May 2016
Sophomore: September 2016 - May 2017
Junior: September 2017 - May 2018
Senior: September 2018 - May 2019

So ideally, IW will in fact specify that he's a Junior.

Last edited:
Tonight's episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revealed that Coulson and his team (sans Fitz) were transported an unspecified number of years into the future by the white monolith at the beginning.

EDIT: It's around 90 years in the future, according to Deke near the end of 5x01.

Last edited:
Tonight's episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revealed that Coulson and his team (sans Fitz) were transported an unspecified number of years into the future by the white monolith at the beginning.

EDIT: It's around 90 years in the future, according to Deke near the end of 5x01.

Yeah, its at least 90 years. So, early 2100's or so. Hopefully they'll offer more specifics as season progresses.

Updated for that, and place the episodes of Season 5 at end of timeline, and accounted for the time travel aspect with the episodes surrounded by "**".

I put the latter flashforward portion of 4x22 after 5x22 only until I find a spot it makes sense to place it (likely sometime in the season since Coulson seemed to have been there awhile at that point, but then again maybe not).

Last edited:
I meant to post this earlier, but here is an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jed Whedon, and Jeff Bell: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. bosses on that space and time shocker

(nothing major, but does talk a bit about time):

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How far into the future are they?
JED WHEDON: We'll say definitively how far they're in the future in a few episodes, but the idea is 70+ years in the future.
JEFF BELL: Between 70 and 100 years from now.

I meant to post this earlier, but here is an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jed Whedon, and Jeff Bell: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. bosses on that space and time shocker

(nothing major, but does talk a bit about time):

Cool, well least they'll definitively name the year they're in based on that interview sometime in next few episodes. Also, they mention its 70-100 years from now, but the premiere itself mentioned the space station they were on was 90 years old if I recall correctly, didn't it? If so, that means its 90-100 years in the future.

Looks promising! F4 done right would be my primary anticipation if this goes through.

Doctor Strange 2 with Doom as the villain
Thor 4 with Silver Surfer attacking New Asgard in Norway.
Avengers 5 dealing with more heralds of Galactus, in which Tony Stark or someone sends Reed Richards into space to investigate.
Other movies in between
Avengers 6 - Galactus, featuring F4 heavily. They've had time to adjust to their powers and are now able to help defeat Galactus.
Other movies in between
Fantastic Four movie, in which they battle a legitimate Dr. Doom.

Yup. Comic accurate X-Men costumes too, most likely. I am really excited.

Should likely hear something next week, as its being reported as being an all but done deal. Comcast is in running too but Disney is the clear favorite and has numerous reasons to finalize, not only in terms of bringing home X-Men and Fantastic Four (we know Marvel wanted Galactus back since they'd offered Fox to keep Daredevil in return for the rights to Galactus and Silver Surfer, and we know Marvel aren't afraid to make him a giant purple guy wreaking havoc). The possibilities are endless.

Wolverine vs. Hulk
Spidey/Deadpool team-up
The Illuminati

And best of all... how can they pass up on doing a Fantastic Four reboot in Phase 4. The timing is just too perfect.

Besides the Marvel stuff, Disney also gets rights back to the Fox produced original trilogy, likely meaning restored versions of the original, non-Special Edition Star Wars films, which will please many old school fans.

I personally hope they either keep Deadpool separate, or make him PG-13. People act like in order for Deadpool to be Deadpool, he needs to be as loud and vulgar as possible with zero filter. This is simply not true. If you can have a kid-friendly, LEGO version, you can have a PG-13, fun, but cool version as well.

Hulk VS. Wolverine in live action would be an AMAZING way to introduce the X-Men. I really just want a comic accurate Wolverine suit - yellow, cowl and all.

Last edited:
The Runaways have been throwing us bones as far as easy placement of the flashback scenes. They even mostly take place in years that don't have anything else going on, so there's no guessing where to put them

I have a question:

In the event that any of your timeline projects introduces alternate universes/timelines (whether it's because of time travel or anything else), how do you list it in comparison to the other movies/TV episodes?

Latest posts

Back