Marvel NOW "relaunch"

I was looking at the X-Men titles. Do you realize that there are going to be at least 10 ongoing X-Men related team books in the 616 continuity once The Marvel Now revamp is finished? Why is that necessary?
X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine & the X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
Xtreme X-Men
X-Men Legacy
All-New X-Men
X-Factor
Uncanny X-Force
Cable & X-Force

And I couldn't find any info on whether new mutants will continue, but I assume it will.

That's not including A+X, gambit, dead pool, two solo wolverine books, uncanny avengers.

Crazy.

Which ones do you guys suggest? I've heard good things about Wolverine and the X-Men

Yeah, I know that. I was ranting more than I was really asking. This is what stops me from branching out and reading new titles. I get overwhelmed.

Yeah, I know that. I was ranting more than I was really asking. This is what stops me from branching out and reading new titles. I get overwhelmed.

The guy from Mile High Comics used to write a sort of blog and in it he wrote about how, in the 80s, "Marvel Zombies" used to be able to buy all of the books every month because there was a reasonable number of them priced reasonably. With the ridiculous price increases of the 90s also came a ridiculous increase in the number of books per month, a large number of them being of low quality, so that Marvel Zombies weren't able to buy all if the books every month, which caused them to buy fewer books. So Marvel created a vicious cycle of people - who were huge fans and WANTED to buy their books! - having to buy fewer books because there were too many to buy and they were priced too high, which led to Marvel raising prices and publishing more books, etc. It's really stupid when you step back and look and how they've shot themselves in the foot instead of fixing the problem.

Anyway, the point is that this is just further example of how they worsen a problem that they created.

Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men are the best so far but you have to read them from the start. It's too early to tell which of the new titles will turn out to be any good.

Marvel created a vicious cycle of people - who were huge fans and WANTED to buy their books! - having to buy fewer books because there were too many to buy and they were priced too high, which led to Marvel raising prices and publishing more books, etc. It's really stupid when you step back and look and how they've shot themselves in the foot instead of fixing the problem.

Anyway, the point is that this is just further example of how they worsen a problem that they created.

You've got to think that it makes them more money, right? They aren't complete idiots. If they could do less work, do it better, make their fans more happy, AND make more money, they would do it, right? But if they have to choose between making more money and everything else, of course they're going to go the route that makes more money. It's just frustrating.

X-Men is ending right now and no word of it restarting.

Yeah, I just found out the same is true for New Mutants. So 9 ongoing X-related team titles.

Uncanny X-Force and Wolverine and the X-Men are the best so far but you have to read them from the start. It's too early to tell which of the new titles will turn out to be any good.

That's pretty much what I've heard. I may go back and check out Wolverine & The X-Men, maybe Uncanny X-Force as well. Thanks.

You've got to think that it makes them more money, right?

They seem to have found some balance today, but no - at the time it helped send them into bankruptcy.

I second the Uncanny X-Force recommendation.

Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force will be one of the greatest X-runs ever. Top 5 with Morrison's New X-Men & Whedon's Astonishing. I like that he's getting a volume all to himself.

Wolverine & The X-Men is another definite must read. The X-Men back at school is a great idea and Jason Aaron is doing amazing work on it. Plus it's having a guest artist coming in February, Ramon Perez, who drew Tale of Sands book.

So with my DC pulls dwindling I tried out some of the Marvel NOW stuff today. Hulk was great and I'll be sticking with it. Uncanny Avengers still didn't do anything for me. Captain America was a load of fun and I'll probably get it for a while. Thor was a little uneven. I loved the first issue but issue 2 didn't advance the plot any, it was just a throwdown. I might give it until the end of the arc.

The Indestructible Hulk is very good. If you haven't yet, get Deadpool from Posehn, it is fantastic. Also the Avengers is very good as well. I've pretty much gone from 30% DC and 70% Marvel to 100% Marvel since the Now! Launch.

The Indestructible Hulk is very good. If you haven't yet, get Deadpool from Posehn, it is fantastic. Also the Avengers is very good as well. I've pretty much gone from 30% DC and 70% Marvel to 100% Marvel since the Now! Launch.

Welcome!

Just read the new Cable and X-force today. I actually enjoyed it. I had seen a lot of mixed reviews, most being that it was bland. But for me, the beginnings are usually somewhat bland with building. But I do feel that this will become a very good storyline and I hope the #2 will be just as good if not better. Also read Thinderbolts, wasn't as intrigued but will get #2 for another chance to wow me.

I tried Cable and the Ex-forces and I didn't get or care about anything that was happening.

Hey everybody! Current Top 5 Marvel Now books! GO!

All-New X-Men
Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Thor God of Thunder
Indestructible Hulk

Avengers
Indestructible Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Cable and the X-Force

For cable and the X-Force I really liked Cables interactions with the characters, especially Forge and Doctor Nemesis. The overall plot could easily suck once we know what it is. If I had to guess i'd say it involves some kind og Phalnex invasion.

Hey everybody! Current Top 5 Marvel Now books! GO!

All-New X-Men
Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Thor God of Thunder
Indestructible Hulk

I would agree with that except for All-New. I wouldn't have a 5th to replace it yet.

Iron Man is pretty good, I guess.

I would agree with that except for All-New. I wouldn't have a 5th to replace it yet.

Iron Man is pretty good, I guess.
I grew quickly bored with Iron Man and have dropped it from my reading list. It's a little bit to do with the art and mostly with the story. It's not really that all exciting and I had to struggle through with reading #4.

I grew quickly bored with Iron Man and have dropped it from my reading list. It's a little bit to do with the art and mostly with the story. It's not really that all exciting and I had to struggle through with reading #4.

I'm not quite to that point, but yeah. I'm annoyed with Greg Land so that doesn't help.

I really liked the initial Extremis story and this just seems like they've needlessly complicated it.

I'm typically a DC guy, but I think Marvel Now! has much more creativity. Hulk has been my favorite and I've never liked Hulk. It's nice to see Bruce being the smart guy. Thunderbolts was my most anticipated and it really lost me in the first 2 issues. I'll wait for the first arc to finish.

Top 5:
Indestructible Hulk
Avengers
Cable and X-Force
FF
Captain America

Latest posts

Back