Marvel NOW "relaunch"

Fun's not over, folks.

Bendis/Bachalo "Uncanny"

it seems likely the series teased is a relaunch of the title -- especially considering the Cyclops-like red illumination of the teaser's background.
1351877799.jpg

Bunn/Sliney "Fearless"

Considering Bunn's past work writing "Fear Itself: The Fearless" for the publisher, and his on the record statements that he'd love to revisit Valkyrie and the other characters from the mini.
1351787792.jpg

I am trying not to feel too negative about this because for all their problems I really do like Marvel comics. But I just don't care about so many of these match ups and some are just outright disappointing. I feel like I will be dropping a lot of books I care about.

I'm the complete opposite: I'm interested in almost all of these. Obviously we don't know how successful it will be but it looks like what I wanted the New 52 to be.

it looks like what I wanted the New 52 to be.

In what way? I'm not sure I was aware of expectations of the New 52. Also I'm not aware of anything with these new books that suggests it will be anything more than the same old status quo, just with the writers shuffled around.

In what way? I'm not sure I was aware of expectations of the New 52. Also I'm not aware of anything with these new books that suggests it will be anything more than the same old status quo, just with the writers shuffled around.

A revamp, not a half-assed reboot.

I didn't know they were revamps, per se.

Are we talking, like Extremis kinds of revamps?

I didn't know they were revamps, per se.

Are we talking, like Extremis kinds of revamps?

What are they then? Relaunches? What's the difference? I'm just glad they're not rebooting anything.

What are they then? Relaunches?

I don't have any idea. I already said I barely care about any of this. I guess I just figured it was just restarting a bunch of books like they always do for no reason that has anything to do with anything story-wise. Is that relaunch? I don't know.

I mentioned Extremis because they actually modernized Stark's origin in that and it made sense. It wasn't *just* a sales gimmick in creating a new #1.

Yeah, they do this all the time, just not on quite as large a scale. They've done it with the X-books a couple of times in the past ten years, the Avengers books at least once (if you only count disassembled and not the Heroic Age since not even the creators changed for that). They did if for Spidey & DD and probably others in 1998, etc. This isn't really anything new.

Uncanny X-Men returns again again

"Bendis Weighs In On "Uncanny X-Men" Relaunch"

1352488032.jpg

"Everything in 'Uncanny X-Men' came right out of our story planning for 'Avengers Vs. X-Men,'" Bendis told Marvel.com. "There was a great deal of time where Marvel had asked Jason Aaron and [me] to bring all the elements of the story together. It was during this process that both of us came up with a lot of ideas for the mutants going forward. By this time I knew that I was taking over the X-Men and that allowed me freedom to take his [X-Men] characters into places I probably wouldn't have the guts to [in 'Avengers Vs. X-Men'] if it wasn't my job to clean up the mess so to speak. While we were discussing whether or not it was time for Charles Xavier to die, one of the reasons I was all for it was because it made all of my books so much more interesting."

Magneto has bare arms. No. You're doing it wrong.

Hasn't Xavier been absent from the X-books for ages? What dynamic does his death give the title that him being routinely MIA didn't?

Bass said:
Hasn't Xavier been absent from the X-books for ages? What dynamic does his death give the title that him being routinely MIA didn't?

That was my immediate thought. It makes no sense.

It's another Wolverine book! :shockedfacebutreallynotshockedfacehere:

CORNELL AND DAVIS TACKLE "WOLVERINE" FOR MARVEL NOW!

"Wolverine" ongoing series by writer Paul Cornell and artist Alan Davis for the publisher's relaunch will fire in March. The book marks Cornell's return to Marvel following his run on DC's "Demon Knights." Cornell and Davis' first arc, "Hunting Season" begins as the life of a little boy hangs in the balance and a new enemy has set its sights on Wolverine.

1353432096.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back